Biotest

Freys V-Diet Log

I am on day 2 of the Velocity Diet today, Saturday, August 8, 2009. I am putting this training log up here with my weight and pictures in hopes that I’ll get some support from the other people on the boards here.

I am 25 years old, 6’7", and I am starting the diet at 242.6 lbs. I am doing the diet, in the words of Chris Shugart, as rehab. I swam, played basketball, and cycled in college, and I have done triathlons competitively since graduating. With all that training, I got used to eating a shit ton.

Now, when I got lighter on the training, I am still addicted to eating massive amounts of food, so I have put weight on quickly. I need to reestablish healthy eating habits, I need to go on food rehab, so I am doing the V-Diet to get myself under control.

It’s all mental for me. I eat when I am not hungry, just cause I am used to eating certain amounts at certain times.

I would love to have some support on here. Seeing the threads with people offering advice to others has been motivating to me. Plus, I need the accountability.

Starting Weight: 242.6 lbs. Pics to follow.

front day 1

side day 1

back day 1

Training day 1: Intermediate Program
reps: 20
rest: 30 seconds

Front Squat: 155lbs
5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2

Pull Downs: 180lbs
4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3

Barbell Bench: 185lbs
5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2

Ab Roll:
5, 5, 5, 5

notes: I substituted barbell bench for the dumbbell version. This is because the gym I use only has DB’s up to 60lbs. Also, I live is S. Florida, and the gym has no AC, so it’s hot as hell in there. I like that, though, it’s a back to basics kind of place.

Also, do my reps look ok for the first training session? I felt good on the first set of each exercise, but those rest periods were shockingly short. I was panting and sweating, especially on the squats. Should I be doing more sets of 5? Is it ok to be pushing out sets of 2? I am cutting the set when my weight slows significantly, or my form starts to falter.

hey jeff congrats on taking the first step! your gonna look like a monster when your done! 6 ft 7? damn. and not a skinny 6 7 either. sucks that your gym only has up to 60 lbs. on your sets, yeah you should only be able to keep up the max reps for about 2 sets, i personally get a much better workout when i pick a weight that i can barely do 5 times(or whatever the rep max is) vs. picking one that i can comfortably do 5 times. you can tell if its too light a weight if you aren’t doing 4,3,2,1 reps etc for the last few reps. there are some exercises that i would compromise form on because i never do them like the front squat so thats about the one exercise i don’t use the “max”. keep it up bro.

Thanks for thr the support dshroy. I need the accountability. I am a big 6’7" … you can see how I don’t fit in that door behind me in my above pictures.

Good advice on the weight selection. I have workout 2 tomorrow, and I am excited to see how it goes with the 40 rep range.

I was craving food pretty much all day long. What got me through it was reading Dan John’s experience. He said he would always just plan to quit the next day. When it gets hard at night, and I just want to eat a solid meal, I think that I’ll quit tomorrow morning. Then, tomorrow I wake up, and everything feels a little easier again. Another morning NEPA walk, shake, and I’m of to another day.

Welcome to the V-Diet , hope you get the results you are aiming for :slight_smile:

Kind regards AndreP

Andre thanks for the support. Three days in and this diet is giving me a firm kick in the butt.

Training day 3:

Reverse Lunges, 35lbs
9, 9, 8, 7, 6, 1

BB Row, 115lbs
9, 8, 7, 6, 6, 4

BB Push Press, 105lbs
9, 7, 8, 6, 5, 5

BB Curl, 65lbs
9, 8, 6, 6, 5, 5, 2

Reverse Crunch
9, 9, 9, 9, 4

Notes: Trained at 10am today, so it was slightly cooler in my un-airconditioned, s. florida gym. The BB curls were a shock, because I haven’t done a curl in a while - I tend to stick to basic, compound lifts. I felt good on the lift, which was a nice surprise. I didn’t know how my body would be reacting to the shakes, so I am happy I felt energetic in the gym.

Last night I was hungrier than a pregnant woman, but I survived, and I am feeling ok today. I just need to suck it up.

thats right man suck it up, it won’t feel like that forever. you will be impressed with yourself come day 28 and beyond when it comes to the mental battle with food. just keep it up, we are all here to support each other

way too go max!!! or should i say maxed!!! I feel like you have waaaay more abilites than myself and i know you will come out with some awesome results…man, i would get hungry too…so guess what…i got busy…walked again if i needed…took the dog out…spent hours on the computer looking up anything and everything i could about the physiology of fat and the process of fat breakdown etc…

thank goodness my bedroom is on a differnt level in my house than my kitchen…i will say with the kids eating snacks all the time(oreos, cheetos-all posion!!!) it got really tough…drinking water really helped me too…sometimes my peanut butter would last for 40 mins for me to finish…being a big guy, i know you can probably eat a ton but whats attractive is that now(well, after v diet i mean, now would not be a good time to share anything!!!), with your new eating, you can maybe share a meal(you have some of mine and i have some of ours)…instead of eating everything including the leftovers or extras on the table…thats a lot more becoming…

yikes, your gym sounds HOT!!! maybe keep going in the am if possible…its the little things while under the gun that make it all worth while…if having a cooler atmosphere helps get you there sooner, great! Bring the heat…gets you going and back for relaxation…hmmm…din’t you say s FL???beach near by…man, i would be out there for hours…

stay busy!!! btw…you have banana shakes or what kind do you like? Hope you have a great rest of the day…here with you!!

Hey Friends,
I had some big success with the diet, and it’s mainly because of these forums. I woke up last night, middle of the night, with my stomach growling at me. I sat in bed, watched some TV, tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn’t take it… It was like I had tunnel vision, thinking I needed a big solid meal. However, I was reminded of the forums here. I thought to myself, what will I post? How will I try to justify it? Will I just disappear of the forums like a big wuss?

So I didn’t eat! I made it through the craving and eventually made it back to sleep. Woke up this morning, had a NEPA walk, and I am off to work.

Chanderlimn, thanks for the support. I love the hotness of my gym, even though I’ll complain about it. It’s a public weight room at a big, 50m, outdoor pool. There’s a few guys training for the olympics at the pool, so I get to lift with them at that gym, and it’s free. That’s a great atmosphere to train in. It’s all cinder blocks, rusty weights, no mirrors, minimal equipment, perfect.

I put down workout 3 this morning, on day 5 of the V-Diet. I have a busy day today, and I got it done at 6am. I had half my morning shake before I left, had my Surge at the gym, and had the other half of the first shake as soon as I got home. I will go out for to NEPA walk tonight. Here’s my numbers:

Deadlift, 245lbs:

Decline DB Bench, 55lbs:

Lat Pull Down, 140lbs:

Hand Walk Out, from knees:

This was the hardest training session yet. I was sore from the first two sessions, and I think I may have been a little over ambitious in my weight selection. I held my form, kept my reps as explosive as possible, and finished up with a productive feeling of fatigue.

When I first started warming up on the deadlifts, but I stuck with and and felt fine after a few sets.

As I’ve posted before, I was overwhelmingly hungry at times during the first few days. However, yesterday, I seemed to get over it, and felt full and satisfied during most of the day. This has continued into today, so hopefully this will continue. I am loving the Metabolic Drive shakes.

good workout jeff. i know what you mean about this workout. honestly i felt overambitious too, but it seems to me that this is the hardest one to do. I need a spotter just to bring the weights up to me on the decline press. oh and the hunger goes away, but even better as the diet goes on is that you REALLY notice the difference between the cravings and actual hunger.

honestly too i really believe the nepa is in this program for the mental aspect. there are so many changes we are making to our bodies, and mentally as well, that it can almost be overwhelming.

i began the first few days of nepa as an exercise to get over with, but once i personally started approaching the nepa as a way to relax and unwind from the day(as opposed to doing so in front of the tv with a bag of chips salsa and sour cream)i started to notice the change mentally. anyway thats just me keep up the good work man. now lets see how your first v burn goes!

Great workout , good too hear the hunger fixed it self :slight_smile:

I am also looking forward to the V-Burn Challenge ,
you seem to be a bit stronger than me , but much closer the dshroy .
( so you will probably get a time between me and dshroy’s first V-Burn times )

Best of luck and if you feel hungry again , just remember it will go away soon enough .

Kind regards AndreP

“quit complaining”. jeff youre the man

I am embarrassed to admit I fell off the slippery slope, I broke the V-Diet, and I feel like a big vagina. I convinced myself to have a beer, which turned into several, which turned into two days of drinking, fried chicken, ice cream, and insulin crashes. At the end of it, I realized I have a problem.

Food was like heroin these past two days. I wasn’t even eating cause I was hungry, I was just putting it down compulsively. I scared the shit out of myself. My girlfriend just about kicked me in the face. This is serious man. I was nervous to put this post up, because everyone else here seems to be so successful with the V-Diet. I need to go on rehab man. I need this V-Diet, not even for the visual results. I need it to get my head right.

I could really use some support here. I am going back to day one starting today.

we all struggle jeff, still no excuse. but you put the post up for a reason, for the accountability because you want to succeed. write down alist of why you are on this diet. you need a constant reminder. we all do. suck it up , do not dwell on the past, and do what you gotta do. keep posting man we are here for you!

it does get easier i promise