Biotest

Fresh Meat!

Hello everybody!!
I?ve been lurking through the forum for about three weeks now, and have finally gotten up the courage to post. I started the V-Diet on Monday, and so far I?m going strong!! Just reading the encouragement that everyone shares has gotten me through so far.

Everyone on this post is super supportive!! Enough about me lurking, it?s time to tell you a little about myself.

Hmmm where to begin…Well about 5 years ago I was fat!! I weighed 260+ pounds, was pushing 30% body fat, had sleep apnea, and sweated when I looked at stairs!! My story is a lot like Chris?s. I got pissed!! Started working out two times a day, and went from 260 to 180 in 4 months. I got too aggressive, and lost a lot of muscle in the process.

Since then I?ve been trying to put on muscle, and stay as lean as possible. My problem is my eating. I?ve been one of those people who justifies my eating by what I do in the gym. ?I can eat this whole large pizza cuz I just worked out for an hour!? I?ve gotten a lot better over the years, but I still struggle with making good decisions.

That?s why I?m here, to break some of these bad ?fat kid? habits. I want to start eating cleaner, and become a more functional athlete. My starting measurements are:

4/5/09
Height 5?11?
Weight 221
Neck 16.25?
Shoulders 47?
Chest upper 44.75?
Chest lower 43?
Waist at navel 40.5?
Waist at largest 40.5?
Hips at largest 40.75
Upper arm Left 15.5?
Upper arm Right 16?
Upper leg Left 25.25?
Upper leg Right 25?
Lower leg Left 16.75?
Lower leg Right 16?
Left ankle 10?
Right ankle 10?
Body fat 15% with a four site pinch

Sounds like you’re ready for the V. Keep us posted.

And nice Banksy avatar!

Hey hey! Welcome to the V-Forum! Way to tackle week 1. You are on your way, and we are here to help!

L

Thanks Chris and Tiger!!

When I saw “Fresh Meat”, I thought I’d be reading the log of an 18-year old college freshman beauty. Looking at your stats and seeing that you compared yourself to Chris, I don’t think this is the case.

Nonetheless, great to have ya on board. When do you start?

Welcome to the V-Diet :wink: Glad you’re here and looking forward to your progression!

Lisa

Sorry Jo3 not a lady!! I started on Monday. So far so good. Thanks for the support!

Thank you too Lisa!

Hello everyone,

Sooo this weekend was a pain in the butt!! I?m thinking that it?s because I don?t have as much structure as I do during the week. Whatever it is my first weekend was tough. My wife and I had our first HSM on Saturday night. We had salmon, broccoli, a sweet potato, and a spinach salad. It was so good!!

It usually takes me 10 minutes to eat dinner, but with the mindful eating techniques it took me 45 minutes, and I felt satisfied afterwards. That usually never happens. I?m usually too full, or still starving. That was best part of the weekend for sure!! Sunday sucked big time!! I didn?t think that Easter would be that bad because we had our HSM the day before, but I was wrong!

We went over to my aunt and uncles house where they were making fried chicken. I love fried chicken!! On top of the annoying sights and smells were the annoying questions and comments. Right through the door my wife and I got the ?There they are!!? ?The weirdo?s are here!!? Ya, really not the best thing to hear when you?re grumpy and hungry.

Then we got to answer all the same ol? questions. Why are you doing this!? Are you getting enough calories from those things!? That?s pretty extreme isn?t it!? Anyway?My wife and I kindly answered all the questions, deaf eared all the bull crap comments, and sat down with the family to enjoy Easter dinner!! Hell I even helped cook!! All in all the fam was pretty supportive, just ignorant.

On the plus side week one is in the books, and my numbers are kicking butt!!

4/5/09 4/12/09
Height 5?11? 5?11?
Weight 220.5lbs 209lbs
Neck 16.25 15.75
Shoulders 47 49.5
Upper chest 44.75 43.5
Chest lower 43 42
Waist at navel 40.5 39.5
Waist at largest 40.5 40.25
Hips at largest 40.75 40
Upper arm left 15.5 15.25
Upper arm right16 16
Upper leg left 25.25 24
Upper leg right 25 25.25
Lower leg left16.75 16.25
Lower leg right 16 16
Left ankle 10 10
Right ankle 10 10
15% BF 13% BF

Way to go! I love how you helped to cook. Really shows them you mean business. Glad to hear about the HSM going to well. I agree I dont think I have ever savored food for so long since this diet. I think that is one of the big reasons for doing this. Fat loss is great, but better eating habits are what pushes this to the next level of better health.

Welcome aboard!

Matt

Great progress so far! You’ll be stoked with your final results!

Whoa those are some really nice new week 1 stats. Wow heh! Look at the weight difference, you got rid of some water obviously but thats not ALL water, that’s some fat melting away, and especially with that BF% already at a favorable percentage!

Yeah Easter was more than interesting, less than fun for me too, lol. Great job getting through it and even helping to cook.

Nice work :wink:

Lisa

[quote]laujik wrote:
Way to go! I love how you helped to cook. Really shows them you mean business. Glad to hear about the HSM going to well. I agree I dont think I have ever savored food for so long since this diet. I think that is one of the big reasons for doing this. Fat loss is great, but better eating habits are what pushes this to the next level of better health.

Welcome aboard!

Matt[/quote]

Thanks Matt!! I do mean business! I agree 100% with the eating habits thing. That’s my biggest problem. I eat too fast, too much, and too often.

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
Great progress so far! You’ll be stoked with your final results![/quote]

Thanks Kurlie26!! How long ago did you do the v-diet? How are you doing with your goals now?

[quote]austin2174 wrote:
Whoa those are some really nice new week 1 stats. Wow heh! Look at the weight difference, you got rid of some water obviously but thats not ALL water, that’s some fat melting away, and especially with that BF% already at a favorable percentage!

Yeah Easter was more than interesting, less than fun for me too, lol. Great job getting through it and even helping to cook.

Nice work :wink:

Lisa[/quote]

Thanks a lot Lisa!! I’ve been reading your thread since I got on here. You’re truly inspirational, and your final pics are amazing!! What are your plans after phase two?

I completed the diet almost a year ago…Goals are defintiely coming along. Speaking of which do you have a plan of attack lined up for when the diet ends? I know it seems light years away for you, but I was at a loss after I ate my last HSM I looked at my boyfriend and said “SH*T…Now what do I eat?!”

I could have easily kept going with the shakes, and it is very easy to get lured back into the poor meal choices of the past…

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
I completed the diet almost a year ago…Goals are defintiely coming along. Speaking of which do you have a plan of attack lined up for when the diet ends? I know it seems light years away for you, but I was at a loss after I ate my last HSM I looked at my boyfriend and said “SH*T…Now what do I eat?!”

I could have easily kept going with the shakes, and it is very easy to get lured back into the poor meal choices of the past…[/quote]

I don’t know yet…I was thinking about the anabolic diet. I might want to put on some more muscle weight, but I’m also interested in being functional more functional for training (Jiu-Jitsu, and MMA.) I really don’t know yet. I’m kinda waiting to see how I look when I get close to the end. Do you think that’s a bad idea? Should I figure out my game plan earlier?

Obviously focus on whats on hand right now, but it doesnt hurt to have a plan for your transition. I think it is where a lot of people, including myself slip off the wagon. What helped me on the transition was adding one meal, and only adding it at the BEGINNING of the day, when willpower was strongest.

So I would have a bowl of oatmeal with mixed berries and a scoop of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, and the rest of the day would be shakes. Makes it a lot harder to screw up. Having a print out of your meals and workouts really helps (on V-Diet or not) But keep up the good work! You’ll get to the end in no time!

You did awesome this weekend with everything! I am proud of you. Just remember to keep that positive attitude, YES MAN. You look amazing…and I’m here to listen to ya!

Great job so far man! Keep up the good work. I just got day one in the bag. So far so good!

Monday workout week 2

Bent over barbell row:
225lbs 5/5/5/5
Overhead squat:
185lbs 5/4/4/4/3
Dips:
Body weight@209+45lbs 5/5/4/4/3
Ab-wheel rollout 3sets@10reps

I rested 25 seconds between sets, and finished the workout in twenty five minutes. When I was done I didn’t feel like I had accomplished anything in the gym. I was barely sweating, and I wasn’t fatigued at all. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong…Maybe too little weight? Maybe too much rest between exercises? I don’t know.