Biotest

For My Son, For My Life

In the last several years, I have gained weight, developed high blood pressure, high cholesterol, depression, and anxiety. Its a tough combination. You get depressed about your condition and depression and anxiety are often self-fulfilling. I’ve lost some weight and gained some muscle here and there, but not nearly what I’d like or need to. On the plus side however, my blood pressure is almost normal again.

I recently had a son, and he has given me new inspiration to change my life for the better. There are a lot of things I want to change, starting with my health.

I decided to start the V-Diet yesterday. I know its going to be tough, but I feel its the only way to give myself the start I need: drop a lot of fat quickly, gain some muscle, and change the bad eating and exercise habits that led to this in the first place. I believe that if I can achieve this goal, I can achieve anything!

I am now on Day 2 of the diet. The first half of Day 1 was easy. The second half. . .not so much. I wasn’t really too hungry, but its amazing just how much your mind will make you think you need the bad food. I didn’t give in though.

I also got extremely tired around 4 p.m. and had to take a nap. I even slept for 10 hours last night, which is a good thing.

Despite all this though, my workout was killer! I even packed all of my stuff for today last night.

I’m hoping posting on here regularly will help me stick to it. Any support is greatly appreciated, and hopefully I can help some others too!

Starting Weight: 207.8
Starting Body Fat %: 25.4

Some notes on modifications I made to the diet:
I am not taking the HOT-ROX due to my blood pressure.
I am also not taking the L-Leucine because I literally can’t afford anything more at the moment.
I am using BSN protein along with the Metabolic Drive. I have some I need to use up. If you want to know why, see the previous point.

Day 2 down and it was actually easier than the first! That’s not to say that I didn’t have some cravings, but I kept them at bay and I wasn’t tired like I had been on Day 1.

There is always a lot of food where I work, but I resisted the Whataburger, Wendy’s, and Chinese food that my co-workers had. I just put it out of my mind, had my shake, and I was fine.

Another interesting thing that I realized yesterday:

There has been a lot of times when I would eat bad fast food that I didn’t really want. As I drove past several fast food restaurants yesterday evening, it hit me that I was only craving the food because I couldn’t have it. Interesting how much of this is psychological. So far, this diet seems to be helping me control that. I hope it keeps up!

[quote]iamthesamurai wrote:
Day 2 down and it was actually easier than the first! That’s not to say that I didn’t have some cravings, but I kept them at bay and I wasn’t tired like I had been on Day 1.

There is always a lot of food where I work, but I resisted the Whataburger, Wendy’s, and Chinese food that my co-workers had. I just put it out of my mind, had my shake, and I was fine.

Another interesting thing that I realized yesterday:

There has been a lot of times when I would eat bad fast food that I didn’t really want. As I drove past several fast food restaurants yesterday evening, it hit me that I was only craving the food because I couldn’t have it. Interesting how much of this is psychological. So far, this diet seems to be helping me control that. I hope it keeps up![/quote]

This is really encouraging to hear. Hopefully you’re on to a big time change in your habits, and it’s a good way to do it. I am on day 20 and I can’t think of eating fast food or anything like that (even chocolate) - it just doesn’t appeal to me anymore.

It’s good to hear that you’re already getting benefits from the diet - keep it up!

[quote]x_alli_x wrote:
This is really encouraging to hear. Hopefully you’re on to a big time change in your habits, and it’s a good way to do it. I am on day 20 and I can’t think of eating fast food or anything like that (even chocolate) - it just doesn’t appeal to me anymore.

It’s good to hear that you’re already getting benefits from the diet - keep it up![/quote]

Thanks a lot for the comment! I’m very happy with how things are going so far.

Congrats on your progress too! Keep it up and keep me up-to-date on how its going!

Day 4 was perhaps the roughest one so far. I had an all-day training class at work. In the morning and afternoon, they brought in muffins, pastries, strawberries, Goldfish crackers, and ice cream. During lunch, others had BBQ, sub sandwiches, and (my favorite) pizza. My mind kept wondering to how I would love to have some all of this food. I felt like I could have easily gorged. I resisted it all though!

Day 5 was pretty uneventful. Still having cravings, but it made it through without trouble.

Got a workout in on Day 3. About to have a shake a now and get my next workout in.

Loving the determination and motivation I have right now!

Haven’t checked in a few days, but things are going great so far!

I weighed in at 203.6 on Monday! My body fat is down 1.7% in just a week! For the first time in probably about four years, my blood pressure is normal (granted, I’m still on my medication. . .for now)!

I still have some cravings here and there, but honestly, things just seem to be getting easier.

This is great!

Keep up the good work - any reversal in fatness is good. Just remember when you get there - keep it off; make it a lifestyle you will one day teach to your son.