Biotest

Foods to Avoid on I3G?

I don’t mean big macs and pizza, but I recall there being mention of not eating certain fruits because they’ll render I3G ineffective?

Chris, I’ve seen the ‘carb sources’ page, but is there an “avoid these foods” list around? Just want to be making sure I’m not having any.

You don’t have to avoid eating whole fruits and veggies, bur rather avoid 1) eating them at the exact same time you take Indigo-3G, and 2) eating very concentrated forms of fruits and vegetables. 

In other words, if you take Indigo-3G as directed – 30 minutes before eating a meal or starting your workout nutrition – then you have nothing to worry about. 

However, just in case, we do suggest you avoid “greens” supplements like Superfood, tea (coffee is fine), and maybe even red wine while on full-dose Indigo-3G. Now, if you’ve been on Indigo for an extended cycle and are now taking only a single serving per day, you could take Superfood at a time far away from your Indigo-3G dose. For example, if you train in the evening and take Indigo-3G before your workout, then it’s probably safe to take Superfood in the morning. 

Finally, avoid fruit, vegetable, and berry juicing since this really concentrates the compounds (such as quercetin) that could interfere with Indigo-3G.

Thanks Chris!

Does the rasberry ketones in HOT-ROX interferes with Indigo-3G?

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:
Does the rasberry ketones in HOT-ROX interferes with Indigo-3G?[/quote]

No. But normally we don’t recommend HOT-ROX with Indigo-3G. It’s safe, but there’s usually no need for a dedicated fat burner when using Indigo-3G, unless you just like the cognitive and energy effects of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/hot-rox-extreme"target=“new”>HOT-ROX Extreme.

I made chicken with curry and just saw that curry contains quercetin. Is 4 hours enough between the curry and indigo dosage or should I give it more time?

[quote]overdrive570 wrote:
I made chicken with curry and just saw that curry contains quercetin. Is 4 hours enough between the curry and indigo dosage or should I give it more time?[/quote]

That’s fine. No worries.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
You don’t have to avoid eating whole fruits and veggies, bur rather avoid 1) eating them at the exact same time you take Indigo-3G, and 2) eating very concentrated forms of fruits and vegetables. 

In other words, if you take Indigo-3G as directed – 30 minutes before eating a meal or starting your workout nutrition – then you have nothing to worry about. 

However, just in case, we do suggest you avoid “greens” supplements like Superfood, tea (coffee is fine), and maybe even red wine while on full-dose Indigo-3G. Now, if you’ve been on Indigo for an extended cycle and are now taking only a single serving per day, you could take Superfood at a time far away from your Indigo-3G dose. For example, if you train in the evening and take Indigo-3G before your workout, then it’s probably safe to take Superfood in the morning. 

Finally, avoid fruit, vegetable, and berry juicing since this really concentrates the compounds (such as quercetin) that could interfere with Indigo-3G.
[/quote]

What about blueberries?

Additionally, I think I read somewhere to avoid certain carbs, is oatmeal included in that category?

[quote]jessthebest wrote:
What about blueberries?

Additionally, I think I read somewhere to avoid certain carbs, is oatmeal included in that category?[/quote]

Blueberries are fine. Just avoid blending up two pounds of them and drinking them WITH a serving of Indigo-3G. Also, avoid concentrated greens-type products when on full dose Indigo-3G.

Oatmeal is fine. Here’s a list that may help you out: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide

[quote]jessthebest wrote:
What about blueberries?

Additionally, I think I read somewhere to avoid certain carbs, is oatmeal included in that category?[/quote]

Blueberries are fine. Just avoid blending up two pounds of them and drinking them WITH a serving of Indigo-3G. Also, avoid concentrated greens-type products when on full dose Indigo-3G.

Oatmeal is fine. Here’s a list that may help you out: <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo-3G Carb Guide
[/quote]

Awesome! I love to workout first thing in the morning so I would wake up [pop IG3], wait 30 mins then eat a cup of greek yogurt with 1/3 cup of blueberries with 1/2 cup of oatmeal, take my pre-workout and then hit the gym 30 minutes later and beast out for a hour and a half. I want to ensure that I can keep my same routine going.

Beets… contains nitrate, which are precursors for nitrogen monoxide [NO]. The research on cyanidins (C3G for ex) shows they work synergistically with arginine/citrulline. What are your thoughts of throwing in beets? In your opinion, would it reduce the dosage of C3G for similar effect, or would it rather decrease the effect? What about getting the nitrates via bacon instead? How about a bacon finibar with nitrates? Oh, and if Biotest makes a bacon finibar, can I get a free box for making the suggestion (lol, kinda)?

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Beets… contains nitrate, which are precursors for nitrogen monoxide [NO]. The research on cyanidins (C3G for ex) shows they work synergistically with arginine/citrulline. What are your thoughts of throwing in beets? In your opinion, would it reduce the dosage of C3G for similar effect, or would it rather decrease the effect? What about getting the nitrates via bacon instead? How about a bacon finibar with nitrates? Oh, and if Biotest makes a bacon finibar, can I get a free box for making the suggestion (lol, kinda)?[/quote]

I’d buy those myself!

As for your question, honestly, Tim Patterson has the formula topped out for maximal effectiveness. If somehow beets made it work better, Tim would have found a magical beet extract and put it in there. No need to overthink Indigo-3G.

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Beets… contains nitrate, which are precursors for nitrogen monoxide [NO]. The research on cyanidins (C3G for ex) shows they work synergistically with arginine/citrulline. What are your thoughts of throwing in beets? In your opinion, would it reduce the dosage of C3G for similar effect, or would it rather decrease the effect? What about getting the nitrates via bacon instead? How about a bacon finibar with nitrates? Oh, and if Biotest makes a bacon finibar, can I get a free box for making the suggestion (lol, kinda)?[/quote]

I’d buy those myself!

As for your question, honestly, Tim Patterson has the formula topped out for maximal effectiveness. If somehow beets made it work better, Tim would have found a magical beet extract and put it in there. No need to overthink Indigo-3G.
[/quote]
Bacon bacon bacon!!! No offense to Biotest, but it would really add something to the PB flavored ones… patiently I wait.

Thanks for the reply! I’m not doubting the formula at all. The research I’ve looked at looks promising and I’m looking forward to trying it down the road. I guess there’s no harm in a couple of pieces of bacon, purely for flavor, but with the added nitrate benefit!