Biotest

Food Timing Before Plazma/Surge

How much time is best between last meal and peri workout nutrition? Sometimes it’s 5 hours since I’ve eaten and I’m too hungry to want to start my Plazma or Surge without eating but I want make sure I get the best absorption of nutrients. Does eating a small meal or something like a Finibar interfere with nutrient absorption or effectiveness?
Thanks

That’s not a major issue because Plazma and both Surge products (Surge Recovery and Surge Workout Fuel) are designed to be workout nutrition with fast-acting protein and carbs. If your previous meal is a few hours prior to training, they still have you covered with the nutrition to fuel training.

For example, I usually have breakfast around 9:00ish and train around 3:30. Sometimes I have something light at 12 or 1, but other times I’ll just go from breakfast straight through and start Plazma a bit after 3:00, and have dinner a little after training.

[quote]Does eating a small meal or something like a Finibar interfere with nutrient absorption or effectiveness?[quote]
Solid food meals get digested differently based on what the meal is made of. Obviously the more calories in general, the longer time needed. Stuff that’s higher fat and/or higher fiber will also digest more slowly so you’d need more time.

Finibars, specifically, were actually designed to be eaten as pre-workout or even during sessions/sports matches. So they’re in a league of their own. You’d totally be good to go chewing on one as you walk into the gym to start warming up.

Thanks Chris.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.