Biotest

Fonebone's V-Diet Log

Tomorrow is D-day. Or is that V-day? (I’ll stay away from calling it “VD-day”).

Supps are here and I’m ready to go. Pics and measurements coming soon. First a bit about me. 43 years old, training fairly seriously since about 28. I have gained some decent size in the past several years, but too much of it is soft! Client dinners, good wine, “relaxing” on weekends, and a general lack of concern for the diet has left me squishy. I kind of fell into the trap of “I’m lifting so I can eat whatever I want.” But dammit, I wanna see abs again! So here we go!

I’ll report back with the stats soon.

-FB

The gear :slight_smile:

Not so bad when it’s covered up!

Upper body front.

Upper body back.

Side from right.

Side from left.

Legs front.

Legs from front again (can’t seem to edit).

Take 2 – legs from back.

Stats:

Height: 6’1"
Weight: 250 even
Neck: 17.5"
Shoulders: 53"
Upper chest: 45"
Lower chest: 43.5"
Waist navel: 44" (this is the largest point)
Hips largest: 45"
Upper arm R: 15"
Upper arm L: 14.5"
Quad R: 25.5"
Quad L: 25"
Calf R: 17"
Calf L: 17"
Ankle R: 10.5"
Ankle L: 10.5"

These are all self-taken, so based on the awkwardness of doing this myself, some margin of error should be expected.

Welcome and good luck. I guess the good thing about having ordered all of the supplies is that then we are committed :slight_smile: . I know exactly how you feel about wanting to see abs again. I kind of fell into the same trap as you. I eat pretty good, I lift, I can afford to party when ever I like… It is so distressing to find out I was oh so wrong. Live and learn!

So I’m starting the diet on a V-burn day. That ought to be interesting. Nothing like kicking it into high gear right out of the gate. First shake was tasty and filling – 3 scoops MD, 2 of Superfood and 1 of leucine. Been a while since I had a nice HOT-ROX buzz, too. =)

Welcome FB- (your avatar looks like Will Farrell)

I did the V-burn several times before being on the shakes for a week. Its not so hard without them, just be prepared for next week to get a lot harder :slight_smile:

good luck

[quote]Reaper Man wrote:
good luck[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote]ringer2u wrote:
Welcome FB- (your avatar looks like Will Farrell)

I did the V-burn several times before being on the shakes for a week. Its not so hard without them, just be prepared for next week to get a lot harder :)[/quote]

Hi Ringer! Will Ferrell, eh?

Unfortunately I am also getting Will Ferrell’s body HAHA! Very often I’m told I look like Howie Long, but come to think of it I am usually fully dressed when that happens! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support. It’s somewhat later in day 1 now and I am noticing the lower than usual food intake already. This is definitely going to be a challenge but I am up for it! I am only focused on day 29!

[quote]Terryw5782 wrote:
Welcome and good luck. I guess the good thing about having ordered all of the supplies is that then we are committed :slight_smile: . I know exactly how you feel about wanting to see abs again. I kind of fell into the same trap as you. I eat pretty good, I lift, I can afford to party when ever I like… It is so distressing to find out I was oh so wrong. Live and learn![/quote]

Thanks, man! Yep, once you’ve sunk that $650 the motivation factor kicks up a notch. I see you are five days in. Hang in there.

I have made a few corrections to my measurements as I get better at taking them.

Well sheeeee-it! V-burn #1 in the can and only three more to go. I hope you don’t think any less of me, but I have opted to go with the beginner’s program this time around (in the interest of full disclosure, since we’re hanging it all out here).

After trying the advanced V-burn, I realized very quickly that my GPP levels are, well, sub-par at best. I think I will acclimate quickly because I am in pretty decent shape but just not used to those intensity levels for that long all at once. I am also a former smoker (quit 3 years ago).

I found it sufficiently challenging that I had to stop and catch my breath a few times but I could soldier on quickly. Plus my balance was not quite at the “advanced” level, but was nicely tested here. I got through the five circuits in about exactly 20 min. (20:01.48 to be exact :slight_smile: So next week I need to do it in 18.

Tomorrow is NEPA first thing in the morning!

-FB