Biotest

Fonebone V-Diet, Part Deux

OK, so I did a V-Diet in May-June of this year and dropped about 20 pounds of lard off of my bod, which had been put there by a sloppy diet, pure and simple. I was nothing short of amazed with the results, which took me from 250 pounds to just a hair under 230. Shortly after my transition off of the diet, I embarked on a bulking cycle, eating pretty clean, lots of oats and sweet potatoes, lean chicken and beef, and fruits and veggies. I also used up some of that MAG-10 Legacy that has been in my freezer for going on four years now.

Bottom line, I am back up to 250+ (252.3 to be exact), and have added a little “insulation” in the process of getting there. I am 44 years old, have been training for about 16 years and it is a true passion of mine. Here are some “before” pics. I will start the diet next Saturday, November 7. As soon as I post this, I will place my order. Official measurements will be posted next Sat.

EDIT: Start date 11/7/09. I weigh 247.4 this morning. Probably some water weight loss in coming off the MAG-10. Pics below are also updated from a week ago. If anyone is interested, here is the log of my first V-Diet. http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_logs/fonebones_vdiet_log

Measuremets are below.

Height: 6’1"
Weight: 247.4
Neck: 17.0"
Shoulders: 53.5"
Upper chest: 45.5"
Lower chest: 43.5"
Waist navel: 40.5"
Hips largest: 43.0"
Upper arm R: 14.5"
Upper arm L: 14.5"
Quad R: 26.0"
Quad L: 26.25"
Calf R: 16.5"
Calf L: 16.5"
Ankle R: 10.5"
Ankle L: 10.25"

Upper body front

Upper body back

Upper body side

Mmmmm-kay, so I can’t delete last week’s pictures. Here are today’s. Upper body front.

Upper body back

Upper body side

Legs front

Legs back

And off we go.

V-Burn 11/8/09: 25:47

Um, yeah… not sure what’s happening with my gastrointestinal tract the past couple of days, but let’s just say 5RM front squats are probably not a real super idea right now. I hope it’s not a reaction to the chocolate MD, which I selected primarily because it seems to mix more easily than the other flavors; I did not experience this at all the first time around. I will make every effort to do my “Monday” workout first thing tomorrow A.M. and then get back on track. This blows (no pun intended).

I was able to get through my “Monday” workout today, although I am still experiencing some rather unpleasant effects, which I hope are not from the diet. If they are, it’s gonna be a long 4 weeks (for a lot of people).

Front squat, 185:
5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2

Chin-up, bodyweight:
5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1

DB bench press, 80# bells:
5, 5, 4, 3, 3

Reverse crunch on slant bench (forgot my ab wheel):
8, 6, 4, 3

Seriously, this needs to stop. If it does not I will have to abandon the diet. I don’t get it. I had no such issues the first time around, and this time it has been pretty much non-stop since day 1. I am at a loss.

I think I noticed different, ummm, “effects” from the different flavors of Metabolic Drive. I don’t remember which one caused me problems (it was a couple years ago) - but I know one of them did not sit well. I’d try cutting out the Chocolate for a couple days and see what happens.

I’d suggest backing off then trying again another time if it keeps up.

I haven’t had the same issues you have, but noticed when I’ve tried doing the V Diet a few times my body didn’t adjust to it very well. Other times I’ve been able to do it (I’ve done the diet successfully 3 times) and haven’t had any serious issues.

That’s it. It’s over. I have far too many responsibilities and obligations in my life to allow the next 4+ weeks of it to revolve around the toilet. Mods you can delete this thread if you want, it’s of no use to anyone.