Biotest

Flourless Pizza. Finally

Today’s a pulse fast day, and I’m on the verge of chewing my fucking arm off. I’ve been craving pizza for weeks now, so tomorrow I’m making myself the biggest damn pizza the world has ever seen. Turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage, and onions on the coconut/flax crust.

What do you think of making a pile of these crusts on the weekend and tossing into the freezer until ready to make a pizza ? Would save the ~30 mins of prep + cook time.

Ingredients and Low Carb Metabolic Drive for the V-Diet. These are the ingredients I used for the Almond Flour Pizza.

[quote]LeanCarlosBrown wrote:
Ingredients and Low Carb Metabolic Drive for the V-Diet. These are the ingredients I used for the Almond Flour Pizza.[/quote]

I know this is the ‘Flourless Pizza. Finally’ thread, but I can’t get a whole head of cauliflower over here. So this is my end product.

Something that will help fix soggy bases… your choice of toppings!

My old boss was born in rural northern Italy and we would always be nattering about food.

He would often tell me about the pizzas he makes at home based on the ones his friend who owns a pizzeria back home makes…

Anyway… swap the pizza sauce for tomato puree and some herbs/seasoning if thats your thing. Most pizza sauces are watery as hell.

Be selective in the cheese used for your topping… some forms of mozerella will bleed out a lot of moisture.

Avoid going overboard on tomatoes on top of the pizza for the same reason.

The pizza bases would also be made quite thin and crisp… and everything was cooked all at once (including the crust) in a VERY hot oven for maybe just 4 mins or so.

Take from this what you will!

Just attempted this today for the first time. Jalapeno chicken sausage pizza with some french onions. Skipped the parmesan cheese (didn’t have it around), still came out well. Also used colby jack (again, the cheese I had the most of lying around).

Can’t wait to work with this some more!

Was checking out this thread today and decided to give it a shot…wasn’t quite sure how it would turn out as I was squeezing the soupy liquid from the “dough” balls but holy fuck was it ever good finished product. No need to ever eat real pizza again. Attached a pic for your viewing pleasure.

Great lookin’ pizza, Tyler!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Great lookin’ pizza, Tyler![/quote]

Thanks pal! Solid alternative to a delicious off-limit food!

Finally got around to making Chris’s pizza, cauliflower yo! Turkey bacon and low fat bacon, threw in the 2 tbsp of coconut flour. My Ricer is made in china and I have a wicked grip. I do not own a ricer anymore. Squeezing with my hands worked well enough. So delicious. I actually felt bad eating it. Like I was cheating.

[quote]andrew_live wrote:
Finally got around to making Chris’s pizza, cauliflower yo! Turkey bacon and low fat bacon, threw in the 2 tbsp of coconut flour. My Ricer is made in china and I have a wicked grip. I do not own a ricer anymore. Squeezing with my hands worked well enough. So delicious. I actually felt bad eating it. Like I was cheating.[/quote]

Except you weren’t and it was so yummy!

Seriously, it’s good stuff! I love to eat this pizza

I don’t know how you guys all get the crust to work. I can’t seem to, it sticks to everything I cook it on. I tried this once on a pizza grate and it got stuck in all the little notches and wouldn’t come out. I did it another time on a baking sheet and it stuck to that even with greasing it up. I guess the next step is a non-stick pan into the oven…

@Greek: Parchment paper. FTW!

[quote]GreekGodX wrote:
I don’t know how you guys all get the crust to work. I can’t seem to, it sticks to everything I cook it on. I tried this once on a pizza grate and it got stuck in all the little notches and wouldn’t come out. I did it another time on a baking sheet and it stuck to that even with greasing it up. I guess the next step is a non-stick pan into the oven… [/quote]

My wife and I make this at least once a week. Greatest idea ever. We also use the pizza pan with the little holes. Parchment paper would probably work great, but what I do is take it out when it is almost done baking (crust only), and use a thin spatula to kind of “cut” between the crust and the pan and free it up. I make sure it is completely free of the pan, then put it back for a few more minutes. Then, do toppings and bake again.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
@Greek: Parchment paper. FTW![/quote]

Alright, I thought that too… Next Round coming soon. Thanks Chris!

I like your suggestions too Thrower. I’ll see how it works with parchment paper.

Did it again and it turned out ever better: first, boiled it, then mashed it with an awesome wire metal masher. Strained it by putting it in between a lot of paper towels and ringing it out. Added two eggs, but I think 1 egg plus some egg whites would have been smart. Added garlic and herb seasoning with the oregano.

The only thing I wish I had done: added a bit of coconut flour and flipped the pizza after it cooked and before I covered it with toppings.

Have you guys thought about using a dehyrdator? I’m not expert, but I think you could at some stage in this process, put that crust in a dehydrator and have a much better product.
Also, even cheap dehydrators are flat and round. They are perfect for drying out a pizza crust. Just put some tinfoil under it, if the bottom is scored, and dehydrate until it is dry enough to match the right consistency.

Jussayin’.

First attempt. Peppered chicken with onions and mixed peppers and herb seasoning.

Half eaten.

I have been going wheat free for last 2 weeks, so this was absolutely amazing. Added mixed herbs and coconut flour to the crust which was delicious. Crust was a bit soft and fell apart easily, but just ate it with a fork. Was surprised at how filling only half the pizza was. I can easily demolish 12 inch pizzas from takeaways and still be hungry. Will be trying tuna pizza next I think, as well as experimenting with some other recipes on here. I have bought in some almond flour as well to try some different recipes. I was really happy with the pizza.