Biotest

Flourless Pizza. Finally


#121

Good stuff, TorqIt! Cast iron rules.


#122

Thought I would add a picture of one I made last week. MMM!!


#123

[quote]Soulja wrote:
Thought I would add a picture of one I made last week. MMM!!

[/quote]

Holy crap, that looks good!


#124

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]Soulja wrote:
Thought I would add a picture of one I made last week. MMM!!

[/quote]

Holy crap, that looks good!

[/quote]

Thanks. The kids and wife scarfed it down in less than 5 minutes. I happened to find some pepperoni style Canadian bacon to go with the turkey pepperoni. Great combo!


#125

Wow, Soulja! Got the recipe for that one? That looks like my kind of pizza!


#126

Buffalo chicken pizza. Recipe: http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/2011/01/buffalo-chicken-pizza.html


#127

[quote]iamthesamurai wrote:
Wow, Soulja! Got the recipe for that one? That looks like my kind of pizza![/quote]

Oh, it nothing complex, I just made the crust per the recipe and layered in order with Great Value Pizza Sauce (doctored up), cheddar cheese, Canadian Bacon, green peppers, red onions, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni.


#128

[quote]floridagirl wrote:
Buffalo chicken pizza. Recipe: http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/2011/01/buffalo-chicken-pizza.html[/quote]

Nice Florida girl! I love your website too.


#129

Enchiladas with tortillas made using the cauliflower pizza crust recipe. I used no fat cheese in the crust and low fat cheese for the topping. Filled em with grilled organic chicken, pickled jalapenos, onions and a buttload o’ spinach. Of course I drowned them in red enchilada sauce.

Yeah…I don’t think I’ll ever need regular tortillas again for anything…ever


#130

[quote]kingsley6 wrote:
Enchiladas with tortillas made using the cauliflower pizza crust recipe. I used no fat cheese in the crust and low fat cheese for the topping. Filled em with grilled organic chicken, pickled jalapenos, onions and a buttload o’ spinach. Of course I drowned them in red enchilada sauce.

Yeah…I don’t think I’ll ever need regular tortillas again for anything…ever[/quote]

That is bloody brilliant.

Nice!


#131

I was so excited I cut out my slice before I could think to take a picture. Just hamburger and sausage on top, classico sauce, a buttload of cheese.

I grated the cauliflower. Not fun- but it worked. I’m getting a ricer for sure though. This is going to be a staple.


#132

Shoogie-baby -

Just popping in to say this cauliflower pizza thing is ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.

Thanks!


#133

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Shoogie-baby -

Just popping in to say this cauliflower pizza thing is ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome.

Thanks![/quote]

Good deal!

I eat two or three of these a week. Fuck salad. THIS is how you eat vegetables!


#134

Made an extra extra large cauliflower crust pizza last week the same time I made my oopsie crust pizza. I like my crust crispy and well done.


#135

Dang. Soulja, how do you get yours so crispy? Can’t even tell that’s cauliflower.


#136

[quote]Perpalicious wrote:
Dang. Soulja, how do you get yours so crispy? Can’t even tell that’s cauliflower. [/quote]

I have one of those potato ricers and squeeze the heck out of the cauliflower to get the practically all of the water out. With the cheese is the crust, I up the parmesan, so that its half mozza and half parma. I also put the pizza pan in the oven while its preheating and put the the crust on a hot pan. Lastly, I use the convection feature on my oven and let it cook a little longer than the recipe calls for. The slices are not floppy at all and hold up better than real pizza.


#137

[quote]Soulja wrote:

[quote]Perpalicious wrote:
Dang. Soulja, how do you get yours so crispy? Can’t even tell that’s cauliflower. [/quote]

I have one of those potato ricers and squeeze the heck out of the cauliflower to get the practically all of the water out. With the cheese is the crust, I up the parmesan, so that its half mozza and half parma. I also put the pizza pan in the oven while its preheating and put the the crust on a hot pan. Lastly, I use the convection feature on my oven and let it cook a little longer than the recipe calls for. The slices are not floppy at all and hold up better than real pizza. [/quote]

Great tips here!


#138

Hi Chris -

Do you think this dough, or the coconut flour version could be used to make a deep dish chicago-style pizza ?


#139

[quote]zahmad wrote:
Hi Chris -

Do you think this dough, or the coconut flour version could be used to make a deep dish chicago-style pizza ?[/quote]

That usually means think and chewy, and both can work here. I’d give the edge to the coconut/flax crust since it actually rises and puffs a bit.


#140

Yea and dont cook as long either, I found that if i shorten the cooking time by about 2 minutes on each side it is a bit better and plyable. But this is personal preference coming into play here.