Biotest

Flourless Pizza. Finally

Forgot to mention that recipe was for 4-5 lbs. of ribs.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
BTW: Chris: I used that pan on saturday night and riced the cauliflower.

I’d say it takes the 95% to about 99%.

I could pick up a slice and hold it properly, however it was still slightly softish. Deliciously soft… was soo good.

Nom, nom, nom![/quote]

I’m assuming you’re using a run-of-the-mill potato ricer? I have read that it does remove excess moisture but how would it work in this case? Google didn’t give me an answer. Using this also removes the need to mash the cauliflower, yes? I want to make it for my girlfriend this weekend.

Well Chris mashed his- I riced or food processed mine.

Normal Potato Ricer yes.

If you ricer or process you don’t need to “mash” and umm not sure how you take excess moisture out of the potatoes, but the extrusion process will help remove water from the cauliflower.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
Well Chris mashed his- I riced or food processed mine.

Normal Potato Ricer yes.

If you ricer or process you don’t need to “mash” and umm not sure how you take excess moisture out of the potatoes, but the extrusion process will help remove water from the cauliflower.

[/quote]

I meant how does it remove the moisture from the cauliflower haha but thanks anyways for the quick response.

Well you’re squeezing the cauliflower through the tiny holes, the water in the cauliflower will press out a bit.

Nothing drastic- but every little bit helps.

[quote]Madman2 wrote:

Here’s one to get you started, courtesy George Stella (he lost 265 lbs. without surgery) and Food Network:
.[/quote]

Very cool! Will be giving this a shot soon.

Hey… looks really familiar…

I was making cauliflower tortillas during my V-Diet. I’ve been messing with the recipe for over a year now and have found that pureeing roasted cauliflower and not skimping on the cheese is the key to a tortilla/pizza crust that holds fast.

I’ve received quite a few emails regarding different HSM’s on my Absolute Determination v-diet thread. Feel free to keep them coming, I’m more than happy to share my recipes.

Chris- for the bbq sauce look up a recipe online, replace brown sugar with twin brand brown sugar and replace molasses with Blackstrap Molasses.

With the blackstrap molasses you do not need to use what the recipe called for it is very strong on taste.

If the recipe called for 3 TB spoons of molasses I’d probably say use 1/2 teaspoon of blackstrap.

Per 2Teaspoon of blackstrap: like 8 carbs and 32calories. Super concentrated molasses-.

eightprops, that looks great.

To quote from your V-Diet thread: http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_logs/absolute_determination_started_316 read a few posts down for the tortilla :slight_smile:

Roasting them is a good idea, will def make these soon this way ( hadn’t even thought about tacos, but have made garlic bread with them )

I am TOTALLY going to try this next week. If this works, my wife will LOVE it. I was thinking (and someone else seems to have confirmed) that more egg would help it stay together. I also think that the thinner you get it, the less gooey it would be. I’m going to try it out on this crazy flatbread maker my brother got me. Its basically a waffle iron but completely smooth, and smashes stuff down really thin. I’ve made some very good “tortillas” on it out of Indian chickpea flour. I bet it will work great for this (or make a huge mess!). Only one way to find out!

[quote]eightprops wrote:
Hey… looks really familiar…

I was making cauliflower tortillas during my V-Diet. I’ve been messing with the recipe for over a year now and have found that pureeing roasted cauliflower and not skimping on the cheese is the key to a tortilla/pizza crust that holds fast.

I’ve received quite a few emails regarding different HSM’s on my Absolute Determination v-diet thread. Feel free to keep them coming, I’m more than happy to share my recipes.[/quote]

Will be stealing the tortilla idea for sure! That would open up a whole lot of menu options. Hmm, fish tacos.

Thanks!

[quote]sarguy wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

FYI, a quote from Alton:

“I’ve struggled with weight all my life, and probably always will. But I was on my most recent book tour I was shocked by the number of overweight families,” he says. “People would come up to me and say, ‘Oh, we love the Food Network.’ Well, no (expletive); did you eat the TV? There’s only four of you and you can’t ride in an elevator together. I’ll probably make fat people angry, but we need, as a culture, to be ashamed. It’s not healthy.”[/quote]

That is probably the best and truest Alton Brown quote I’ve ever heard. Where did you find that one?[/quote]

I forget where I got that. I think foodnetworkhumor.com, or a link on that site.

unreal, cant wait to try it

Last night’s flourless pizza, baked on a pizza stone…

…and topped with avocado and Canadian bacon.

How was the crust since you processed and used the stone? Better?

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
How was the crust since you processed and used the stone? Better?[/quote]

I was in a hurry so I didn’t change much this time, just did a light steaming and used the stone. Crust was better. Didn’t matter much, the GF and I just ate it with a fork anyway. We’re too cool for plates. :wink:

Wow, thank you, thank you, thank you! During the V-Diet the ONLY thing I craved consistently was pizza and lasagna. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), my body reacts terribly to wheat, so even pizza or pasta as a cheat is unpleasant. This totally satisfies ALL my cravings!

I made it last night for my boyfriend and me. I agree the crust could be a little firmer, but the taste is incredible. I made two batches so we could have leftovers for today’s lunch. Next time I’m thinking of mixing a little flax into the cauliflower crust to absorb some of the moisture and add a little omega-3.

Once again, THANK YOU! This recipe is amazing!

Honestly I prefer the family style dinner myself where you sit down with an empty plate and the food is in front of you to pile on.

Unless it’s steak, then I want the whole porter house on my plate :slight_smile: