Biotest

Flourless Garbanzo Bean Brownies

Here’s one of my wife’s delicious dessert recipes, free of sugar and flour.

Garbanzo Bean Brownies

1 Can Garbanzo beans, drained
3 eggs, omega-3 enriched preferred
pinch of salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbs coconut oil (melted and cooled slightly so you don’t cook your eggs, or melted pasture butter)
1/3 - 1/2 cup Stevia (or any other sweetener to desired level of sweetness)

Blend or food process, then add to greased pan and bake on 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes (toothpick test to see if it’s ready).

Dani’s Tips:

• I like to grease the pan using oil and then add a dusting of a few tbs of chocolate Metabolic Drive to make sure it doesn’t stick.

• To sweeten, I used about 1/3 cup of Stevia and then several packets of the Splenda

• You can add a couple tbs of instant coffee for a mocha flavor.

Any pan will work. Dani used a small foil loaf pan, hence the shape of this batch.

whats the verdict on em? They look delicious!

I’m sure Dani will tweak them and try some new variations, but these were damn near perfect. I could’ve eaten the whole batch.

Props to Dani for these! I happened to have all that stuff in my kitchen and made some immediately haha. Delicious!

so you don’t cook your eggs, or melted pasture butter)

Is there supposed to be butter in this recipe?

[quote]jewishthunder wrote:
so you don’t cook your eggs, or melted pasture butter)

Is there supposed to be butter in this recipe?[/quote]

Butter is an option if you’re not using coconut oil. Note the “or” in the recipe.

The syntax confused the shit out of me. I’m tired. They are being made as I type this! My whole apartment smells like coconut. mmmmm

you think substituting whey for the sweeteners altogether would taste ok? ie. no stevia

[quote]jhowlette wrote:
you think substituting whey for the sweeteners altogether would taste ok? ie. no stevia [/quote]

You need some sweetness of some kind. A flavored whey protein like Grow! would work okay.

Black beans are awesome too.

I was so intrigued at the ingredients in this one that i had to try it and i’m soo glad i did. I almost ate the entire batch as i was cutting them into squares, thank you Dani & Chris for putting these types of recipes together and sharing them with us.

Glad you like it, Eazy!

Chris, I tried making this recipe(gotta try to bring something for Christmas dinner) Saturday and it was an unmitigated disaster. I put all the ingredients in my vitamix and the result was a thick paste that was almost a solid and certainly not pourable. Do I just add water or maybe leave the liquid from the can of beans in the food processor?

You may have over-processed. Add a little almond milk next time if needed. Also, make sure your coconut oil isn’t cold. If you mix it with other cold stuff it could become a solid again.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.