Biotest

Flax Seed Powder OK?

Hi there guys. Well I’m getting close to this month payday when I will order the stuff I need for course of Velocity Diet and I got a question about the Flax seed.

Is it ok to use Flax seed powder or is it better to keep it milled? Found that my local health shop has a flax seed powder which seems to be easy for me to add to my shakes but I’m worried it might have lost some of it goodness.

Also for any UK dieters, where did you manage to find good fiber tablets? The two local stores I have visited hasn’t had any chewable tablets. One store had Benefiber which has been recommend here but it was in powder form. Would this still be ok? Although it would be nice to have something to chew on a daily basis :slight_smile:

One final question, natural peanut butter I haven’t been able to find this locally so was thinking would it be ok to have some almonds instead? I like the taste of almonds and to have a few to chew at night sounds damn lovely to me but not sure if it’s ok?

Sorry for so many questions and if they have been asked before.

Thanks
Jump

Milled is the way to go, tough it out. I can’t remember the exact reasoning but I believe the nutritional absorbtion of the powder isn’t as good as the milled seeds if memory serves me right.

Take the milled, I just put 2 tbps in my mouth and wash it down with some water. I didn’t like it in my shakes either.

[quote]Jumping wrote:
Is it ok to use Flax seed powder or is it better to keep it milled? Found that my local health shop has a flax seed powder which seems to be easy for me to add to my shakes but I’m worried it might have lost some of it goodness.
[/quote]

I have only read that whole flax seeds cause poor absorption, I can’t imagine why flax seed powder would be any worse than milled flax seeds.

[quote]Jumping wrote:
Also for any UK dieters, where did you manage to find good fiber tablets? The two local stores I have visited hasn’t had any chewable tablets. One store had Benefiber which has been recommend here but it was in powder form. Would this still be ok? Although it would be nice to have something to chew on a daily basis :slight_smile:
[/quote]

The way you get extra fiber isn’t too important, just make sure there is no added sugar and a reasonable amount of calories. Fiber Choice tablets do taste great though, like candy.

[quote]Jumping wrote:
One final question, natural peanut butter I haven’t been able to find this locally so was thinking would it be ok to have some almonds instead? I like the taste of almonds and to have a few to chew at night sounds damn lovely to me but not sure if it’s ok?
[/quote]

Almonds are fine, but for full liquid diet effect, you need an almond butter. If you can’t find it, throw some almonds and salt in a food processor.

Fibre Choice Powder 320g - £12, thats the standard price anywhere you go. 6g = 5g fibre = 5kcals

I am using Waitroses’ Own Crunchy PB it’s pretty good.

ASDA and Holland and Barret both do peanut butter that�??s great for the diet (basically anything that is just peanuts as the ingredients is cool I think), and most health food stores (like real foods) will have the kind of milled flax you need. You could try some children’s chewable vitamins or if you get really desperate as I did on my second go, just chew some gum.

I did use the fibre choice powder, just put it in a glass of water when I needed to hold on for a while until the next shake. The gum is only a few calorie and I found I started to grind my teeth loads so I just try to do a little more nepa. Any more UK questions?

Holland and Barrett are doing 500 fish oil caps for £11 which is a sweet deal, shame I already have mine.

I noticed there is a difference in EPA / DHA loading in the 250 capsule size vs. the 500 size (I don’t think this is always the case though!)
Usual dosage for 1000mg:
EPA 180mg
DHA120mg

But latest batch of 500capsule bottle:
EPA135mg
DHA95mg
in other words they’re about 76% strength!

Thanks for all the info guys. I’ll take a trip to the local H&B see if they have the Milled Seeds, PB and fiber choice left in stock for me to pickup.

Then it’s just a matter of ordering the rest of the supps and start the grind :slight_smile: