Biotest

Flax Seed Instead of Flax Meal?

Hello,

I’m thinking about doing the Velocity Diet as of next week. I was wondering if there is anything that I can replace the flax meal with. I was thinking maybe dry roasted flax seed??

why?

The taste of the flax meal is rather horrible. I like the taste of the Metabolic Drive but the flax meal totally ruins it

try soaking it a few minutes before adding. My understanding with Flax seed – is that you do not get nearly the same nutritional benefits if the seed is whole – something to so with the husk - being really strong.

for what it is worth – try adding a packet of splenda – i am fixing to get flamed…

thanks…have you tried the V-Diet yourself

Remember, what you want is milled flax seed. Not whole and not meal (a fine powder.)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen “dry roasted” flax. And I think that might even damage the healthful properties of it.

this is what i do to make it a bit better:

1. add water in blender (i use 8 oz. with a single scoop of Metabolic Drive)
  2. add flax (2 tbsp)
  3. add Metabolic Drive (again, usually one scoop)
  4. add bunches and bunches of ice (around 5-6 big cubes)
  5. blend for 45-60 sec. on a mid speed
  6. chug

this should make the shake thick and more like a slushie, and help evenly distribute the flax. plus it doesn’t tend to sink into a big pile of ugg-ness waiting for you at the end of the drink…
hope it helps.

This is all I found. Please tell me if this is right one.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Remember, what you want is milled flax seed. Not whole and not meal (a fine powder.)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen “dry roasted” flax. And I think that might even damage the healthful properties of it.

[/quote]

What about Organic golden sprouted flax. Costco sells this flax sprout ground into a consistency resembling saw dust. The mfg claim is it has 30% more health attributable properties than milled flax seed (right off the label) with 3,400g of Omega 3’s per serving.

I’m not sure about the sprouted organic stuff, but make sure you get the MILLED not Meal. There is a big difference between the two. When I did the diet (i’m in second week of transition now) I screwed up and got the whole seed the first time. Very, Very bad mistake. It will go right through you and I’m sure not get any benefit from it. Hodgens Mill at wal-mart and I’m sure other stores is what I ended up with after the first 3 days of the diet.
Hope this helps some.
One other thing, if you did buy the whole seed I believe you can grind it with a coffee grinder and it will work fine.

^^Yes, electronic coffee bean grinders take care of flax seeds extremely well on the finest setting. Although I am not a V-Dieter, I have used my own milled flax seeds in protein power balls (props to jehovasfitness for these).

Okay the taste is not that bad. Is it okay to use it with hot water?