[center][b]Low-Carb Flatbread & Pizza Crust [/b] [/center]
I love it when one recipe will make two things. It's like killing two birds with one stone... and then getting to eat those birds.
This recipe makes a great pizza crust and a great flatbread or cracker substitute. Check it out:
2 cups almond flour
2 omega-3 enriched eggs
1 cup of low-fat shredded cheese of choice (mozzarella and parm blend is great for pizza; cheddar is good for flatbread. Up to you.)
Dried herbs of choice (basil, oregano, garlic, etc.)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make the Stuff
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix everything together, then make a big "dough ball" out of it.
Smash onto a pizza pan sprayed with olive oil, or place on a parchment paper-lined pan for easy clean-up. Smash thinner for flatbread; leave thicker for pizza crust.
Bake for around 15 minutes, longer if you prefer it crispier, even longer if you want it black and charred, but I don't recommend that.
4. If making into pizza, add toppings and put it back in the oven until everything melts together (5 to 10 minutes). If making flatbread, use a pizza cutter to cut into whatever shapes you want.
Here's my favorite way to use it:
[center][b]Mexican Pizza [/b] [/center]
1) Make crust as described above, only use cumin, dried cilantro, or whatever Mexican spices you prefer.
2) Instead of pizza sauce, use canned enchilada sauce. Look for the kind that doesn't use flour. Use as much as you want.
3) Top with lean ground beef or turkey that you've pre-browned in a pan.
4) Top with Rotel Mexican blend (canned diced tomatoes), sliced canned chilies, and your favorite low-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend.
5) Return to oven for a few minutes to melt everything together.
NOTE: Like this? Checkout our new recipe section HERE and add your own!