Biotest

First Round of Plazma and Mag-10

Hey guys,

I’m a 22 year old male (195, 15%BF), and have been training seriously for a little over a year and a half. Having lost 35 pounds of fat, and put on 10 in muscle, I think I’m on the right track. However, I am now graduated from college, have a real job, and can now put more focus on my training, and admit I had been following the “bro workouts” before discovering T Nation. As a result, I have grown tired of the usual “bro-supps” and have purchased my first round of Biotest products.

My diet is pretty basic as far as lunch and dinner go, grilled chicken, sweet potatoes, veggies, almonds, etc…, it’s just the morning/ pre workout and post workout nutrition that I’m stuck on.

I have purchased Plazma and Mag-10 as my first products, and have a few questions regarding them.

1. I work out early in the morning, so with Plazma, should I just take a serving of it, then take the serving during my workout and that’s it for pre workout nutrition?

2. Is the Mag-10 a sufficient post workout supplement, or should I purchase the Metabolic Drive protein as well.

3. Are these good enough, or am I lacking somewhere in supplementation?

These cover the majority of my questions. Thank you in advance for your replies!

Hey

I’m sure others will respond, but here’s my take:

1. Yes, as far as I’ve read, one serving of Plazma before and one during should have you covered for ‘pre’ and ‘intra’.

2. Mag-10 definitely is. Metabolic Drive isn’t really for the post-workout period. It’s half micellar casein – the **slowest **-digesting protein. Use MD between meals and/or before bed, if you decide to purchase it.

3. ‘Good enough’? Good enough for what? Most people on this site will tell you that peri-workout nutrition is the most important, and, seeing as you’ve covered it, your stack is probably ‘good enough’. There’s always other stuff that you can add if you’re looking for other benefits, though (Flameout for overall health + joint health, Micro PA for some extra strength + growth, Superfood for overall health, etc.).

1.I work out early in the morning, so with Plazma, should I just take a serving of it, then take the serving during my workout and that’s it for pre workout nutrition?

I work out at 6am. I wake up at 4:30 I normally have one serving of MAG-10 upon waking up to break the catabolic state (MAG-10 is absorbed super fast). Before leaving for the gym I have 1 to 1 1/2 serving of PLAZMA (which is about 25 minutes prior to my session) and then have another 1 to 1 1/2 serving during the session, finishing it about 2/3rd into my workout.

2.Is the Mag-10 a sufficient post workout supplement, or should I purchase the Metabolic Drive protein as well.

Don’t think of it as post-workout nutrition. When you use pre and intra there actually is no real “need” for post-workout nutrition. The PLAZMA will have the basics covered: the protein in it where sent directly to the muscles that were trained so they have what they need to recover after the session and the carbs from PLAZMA were either used preferentially for fuel during your workout (thus sparing muscle glycogen) or available to restore the used up muscle glycogen.

That having been said I had my best muscle mass gains when I added 1 or 2 serving(s) of MAG-10 about 15 minutes after the session and then having a FINiBAR 30-45 minutes after the MAG-10.

See it as a Good, Better, Best gradation. PLAZMA by itself peri-workout is good (better than “other” strategies), PLAZMA + MAG-10 = better and PLAZMA + MAG-10 + FINIBAR = best

MD is a great meal replacement/snack protein to increase your daily protein intake but it’s not designed for peri-workout nutrition.

3.Are these good enough, or am I lacking somewhere in supplementation?

ALWAYS invest in peri-workout nutrition before thinking about adding other stuff in there. Improving/maximizing your peri-workout protocol will always be the most beneficial thing you can do