Biotest

First Day

This is my first day on the V-Diet. I have been a runner for many years, but am not very lean at this time. Recently I gained nearly 20 lbs with bad eating habits that arose out of frustration from working hard and never seeing results. I am the person described by the creators of V-Diet who spends an inordinate amount of time doing cardio but looks the same as I did 10 years ago with no improvements.

I am 36 years old and am starting the diet at 65" tall and 145 lbs. I will be lifting weights for the first time in 15 years. I am very confident in the program but less confident in my ability to stick to it. I really want to change my habits for the long term. I am tired of putting in so much effort to exercise then sabotaging it with bad eating habits. It’s such a waste! Here’s to day 1!

I read that as 6’5 and 145lbs the first time and was like DAMN!

good luck ^^

Question about running… is it okay to jog every day? I thought that I read that we shouldn’t run, but I am used to jogging on a regular basis. Any advice?

The photo is me prior to the recently gained twenty pounds. I am afraid to even snap a photo of myself now. I might have a crisis if I do!

Yeah, dont jog.
Long walks are cool but nothing strenuous that gets your heart rate too high.

Its only 6 weeks. Walk instead of joggin for that time.

They say not to do anything above and beyond the workouts provided and the NEPA walks because you’ll drain yourself out. You’ll end up using your muscle for fuel which slows down your metabolism.

Megan, we are starting on the same day.

I am about to go on my NEPA Walk and plan to update my log this evening.

Good luck and I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

A note on cardio from Charles poliquin

charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article.aspx?ID=25