Biotest

First Day Struggles

Chris,

I have never been much of a food lover and only eat about one meal per day and the rest of the day I drink water. I will have my occasional “hungry” days, but maybe only once a week. With that being said, I think that I am consuming more calories on the velocity diet than I would be on a normal day. I have had a difficult time finishing the shakes. My breakfast took 3 hours. I am just now finishing “lunch” and then I have my “snack” before I work out and my surge while I work out… All of this will be within the next 2 1/2 hours. Needless to say… I feel so full it is almost sickening. Is this normal or a common experience?

Thank you for your input! I have attached a silly picture of the product in my kitchen… My husband and I are doing the program together so we have a TON of supplements!

Well, being full on a rapid fat loss diet isn’t bad thing, right? Sometimes it takes a day or two to get the timing down right.

We built it a little wiggle room: you can delete one scoop of Metabolic Drive per day from any shake you’d like. But drop calories too low and you risk metabolism slowdown, muscle loss etc.

What are your stats? Weight, age, height, activity level etc. Never known someone to need to lose fat that only eats one meal per day.

Not sure why it takes you 3 hours to drink a shake. Takes most people 2minutes. Just drink it down (mixed only with water).

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Well, being full on a rapid fat loss diet isn’t bad thing, right? Sometimes it takes a day or two to get the timing down right.

We built it a little wiggle room: you can delete one scoop of Metabolic Drive per day from any shake you’d like. But drop calories too low and you risk metabolism slowdown, muscle loss etc.

What are your stats? Weight, age, height, activity level etc. Never known someone to need to lose fat that only eats one meal per day.

Not sure why it takes you 3 hours to drink a shake. Takes most people 2minutes. Just drink it down (mixed only with water).

[/quote]

I was worried I would be hungry before I started so I am pleasantly surprised that I am not starving. I had to take my time with the very first shake, the second one went down much quicker; I just get full after about half, so I had been waiting about 45 minutes between finishing the other half. Although I do not eat many meals throughout the day, I have many smaller portion meals or healthy snacks throughout the day. My whole family went on the velocity diet; Myself, Husband, mother-in-law, father-in-law, grandmother-in-law, aunt-in-law and mother-in-law’s friend. I am 21, 5"11, 135 and I work out three to four times per week. I went into this with no intentions of loosing large amounts of fat, since there is not much, but there is definitely some areas that I hope the diet works on!

Thank you for your quick response! I appreciate it!

Cool, keep me posted here and we’ll tweak a few more things if needed.

First day kinda sucks. It’s not that its hard. I just am bored as hell. eating a meal is nice to sit down and take time. A shake I just want to get it over with. I feel like in a few days I will hate this. Has anyone experimented with spices in the shakes? Maybe hot sauce or veggy juices?

I am 12 to 13 percent bodyfat at 205. 35.5ish waist. Want to get back to 32 or a little lower like I was a few years ago.

[quote]anwi15 wrote:
First day kinda sucks. It’s not that its hard. I just am bored as hell. eating a meal is nice to sit down and take time. A shake I just want to get it over with. I feel like in a few days I will hate this. Has anyone experimented with spices in the shakes? Maybe hot sauce or veggy juices?

I am 12 to 13 percent bodyfat at 205. 35.5ish waist. Want to get back to 32 or a little lower like I was a few years ago. [/quote]

I was out and about all day today between work and my workout and then visiting a cousin who is in the hospital, so I was not bored nor did I crave anything because I was so full. After my workout, I drove home and by the time I got home I was shaking and starving. It was very difficult to be in my kitchen and see the food that was up there while making my shake.

I made it as quickly as I could and I am REALLY looking forward to my almond butter tonight before bed! It is the weirdest thing… I decided to experiment a little bit with the shake I just made before logging on. I did the vanilla protein and decided to blend it with ice and a little bit of cinnamon just for a slightly different taste. It is delicious! I am not sure if it will mess up the diet, but it sure makes a difference. I was also thinking about different mixtures to do. When I need two scoops of he protein I thought about one strawberry and one banana, or one chocolate and one strawberry, also one banana and one chocolate. I think there is quite a bit of different things that you can do with what is given to us, we just need to be creative with it.

I just did my stats tonight before my workout and I had no concept of body fat what so ever. I am only 11%, so I am not planning to loose too much, although I would love to see a slight change in my waist size.

I am doing it with 7 different people, so we are all trying to keep each other motivated and on the right track, but it was so hard to be in my kitchen tonight. Food that I do not even like (like a hot dog) sounded so good… very weird!

Good luck and keep me updated :slight_smile:

It’s okay to add no-calorie spices like cinnamon, peppermint extract, or ginger to the shakes. Just nothing that adds calories.

So I made a couple small changes, the flax I got said fine. well it looks like mashed up nut powder. gross as hell. I put a scoop in a lettuce leaf and douse it with hot sauce and roll it up and eat the whole thing. its bearable.

I think it works better than the recommended fiber. that stuff sucks and gets gummy and then sticks to my mouth. Is there another kind anyone uses? what about metamucil or other fiber drink. these horse chewables suck!