Biotest

First Day on the V-Diet

So here’s my story. I have spent the last few years dealing (actually not dealing) with emotional fallout following a long term relationship breakdown. I have gone from 185 lbs to 229 lbs by basically giving up on myself. Anyway I woke up a few weeks ago and realised how pissed off I was with myself. So decided to get off my arse and do something about it.

Started looking for a programme to help me loose the weight I had put on and get back to living my life and came across the V-Diet. After reading as much I could about it I was really impressed and figured this was exactly what I needed to kick start my weight loss. So a few weeks later here I am starting the diet and day one is nearly over. So far so good and with the five shakes I feel like I am eating all the time! So hi to everyone on the forums and I’ll keep you posted on how I get on.

Awesome. Welcome aboard.

A man I have a great deal of respect for says the best thing you can do is get your heart broke when you’re young.

He says that when it happens late in life, it often causes irrepairable damage.

When you’re young, you bounce back quicker, you learn that it’s not the end of the world, and you move on.

Don’t know where you’re at in life, but choose to see this a positive move in the right direction.

Looks like you’re on your way.

To building a better you…

[quote]reactiontm wrote:
A man I have a great deal of respect for says the best thing you can do is get your heart broke when you’re young.

He says that when it happens late in life, it often causes irrepairable damage.

When you’re young, you bounce back quicker, you learn that it’s not the end of the world, and you move on.

Don’t know where you’re at in life, but choose to see this a positive move in the right direction.

Looks like you’re on your way.

To building a better you… [/quote]

Thanks for the comment.

Day two and still on track. Took a walk at lunchtime as part of my NEPA, so far today have walked for 90 minutes at a decent pace.

I am off to the Cinema shortly to see True Grit, which I am looking forward to. Normally going to the cinema equals soft drinks, popcorn, sweets etc. but not this time! I have changed the time of my shakes slightly to fit one in just before I go out and am taking a large bottle of water with me.

Great job on putting some time on NEPA. I am walking about 3 miles a day total. I wish it was nicer outside and I would walk more.

Sounds like you are very determined and wish you the best.

[quote]BBestUCanB wrote:
Great job on putting some time on NEPA. I am walking about 3 miles a day total. I wish it was nicer outside and I would walk more.

Sounds like you are very determined and wish you the best.[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words. I know what you mean about the weather - we had a really cold December, but fortunately at the minute where I live in Liverpool its pretty mild at the minute so its okay to walk its just a pity its goes dark about 6pm.

Day three and still on track. Managed to successfully negotiate the cinema last night so feeling good about that. Have got all my other supplements but still waiting for my HOT-ROX Extreme to arrive, should hopefully be here tomorrow. At the minute my kitchen is looking like a supplement shop with all the Biotest products!

Keep up the good, try and get some pics and stats on here, give us a better idea of how ur doing.

Didn’t post yesterday had a really bad day. First off constipation struck - Note to self Fiber tablets are not optional!! Secondly took HOT-ROX for the first time and had a bad reaction, started feeling nauseous and light headed. Result of all this missed a couple of shakes as just couldn’t face eating. Eventually managed to have the bedtime shake and took myself off to bed early.

Woke up this morning absolutely starving and late for work. Had the breakfast shake and decided to move my workout to later in the day and went for an hour’s walk at lunchtime instead. Felt better for getting some fresh air and then had a good work out after finishing work at 5pm. So feeling much better now and back on track. I feel like yesterday was a really bad day and if I managed to get back on track after that then I can cope with the rest of this diet. Anyway decided to lay off the HOT-ROX for now, may try it again in a few days time but if I do I will take it with a shake.

I have found the fiber to be a balancing act. Personally, I think I am using a lot of fiber and a HECK of a lot of water. I see semi-solid on occasion.

But hey, if we are happy with the progress some things are worth it.

Day eight and still on track. Did my weigh in on Sunday morning and had lost 5 lbs which I think is a good solid first week so pleased with that and we’ll see what the next 3 weeks brings.

V-Burn challenge on Sunday for the first time. OH MY GOD i was sweating and could hardly move afterwards. After the first go round had to drop the number of reps on the press up’s to 5 as just couldn’t do the full 10 (I know it’s embarrassing), managed to do the rest of the reps and circuits and finished it in 35 minutes. Took a shower afterwards and could hardly lift my arms above my head -:slight_smile: Am still aching a bit from it today but didn’t affect the workout too much. Hoping to see an improvement next week when I try it again.

Nice Progress! Keep it up!

Way to decide to make a positive change. That V-burn challenge is no joke! Keep at it!

[quote]staypositive wrote:
Hoping to see an improvement next week when I try it again. [/quote]

You will, and you’ll be surprised at how much better you get.

Firstly thanks for all of the positive comments it really helps to keep the spirits high.

Day Nine and my stomach seems to be finally adjusting to this diet. For the past eight days stomach has just not felt right, have pretty much felt queasy all the time but not today just felt like normal. Which is a great relief because I was wondering if I would have to go through the whole 28 days feeling not quite right.

On another positive note had a good hour walk from the Pierhead in Liverpool up to the Philarmonic Hall, great views over Liverpool when you get to the Phil and a nice sunny day as well. Was definitely quicker on the walk today so starting to notice an improvement there. Finally to top off a good day my cd of The Hold Steady’s ‘Stay Positive’ arrived from Amazon -:slight_smile:

Keep on Keeping on!

I have done shakes and such for so long it never bothered me. But I must confess, When I open my container and get a good WIFF, after downing 12 days worth of shakes. I think about, only think about, getting queasy.

I am interested in seeing how that reaction is around day 20!!

Stay Positive!

[quote]L1FRDOG wrote:
I have done shakes and such for so long it never bothered me. But I must confess, When I open my container and get a good WIFF, after downing 12 days worth of shakes. I think about, only think about, getting queasy.

Stay Positive! [/quote]

Ha ha I will. The shakes are pretty new to me so maybe that’s why it took some time to adjust. Felt good today and had a good workout and made sure I stuck to the 40 sec rest between sets & exercises. Must admit have been in a good mood generally -I am sure the fish oil is playing a large part in this. Now that my stomach has settled down I might try the HOT-ROX again tomorrow.

Staying Positive!

[quote]L1FRDOG wrote:

Stay Positive! [/quote]

This is exactly how I feel at times haha.

Another day over and tried the HOT-ROX again. This time took it with a shake and it worked out fine so going to carry on with it now and build up to 2 twice a day. Finally managed to get some pictures onto the computer so i’ll try and upload them in next day or so