Biotest

Finibars or Metabolic Drive Bars?

It appears the main difference is that one is a carbs focussed bar whilst the other is a more traditional protein oriented bar, as well as the caloric differences of course.

Well, there’s actually a much bigger difference in the purpose and the choice of each ingredient that goes beyond the mere macros.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/finibar-competition-bar"target=“new”>Finibars are designed to use before and during competitions or to fuel up for tough workouts.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-bars"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive Bars are made to use as snacks or meal replacements.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with having a Finibar any time of the day if it fits your diet plan. (I actually had one as a midnight snack last night.)

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Well, there’s actually a much bigger difference in the purpose and the choice of each ingredient that goes beyond the mere macros.

<a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/finibar-competition-bar"target=“new”>Finibars are designed to use before and during competitions or to fuel up for tough workouts.

<a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-bars"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive Bars are made to use as snacks or meal replacements.

That said, there’s nothing wrong with having a Finibar any time of the day if it fits your diet plan. (I actually had one as a midnight snack last night.)
[/quote]

Hmmmmm, ordered a few boxes of Metabolic Drive bars today… may also give the Finibars a try as a preworkout meal :smiley:

i use them both and as Chris mentioned Metabolic Drive Bars are typically a snack or MR. Finibars are higher in carbs and Finibars process a bit faster.

Chris has mentioned this several times in the past, so I am not saying anything new here, but Finibars can be used post workout too as they are anti-catabolic in nature. I usually have a Finibar and MAG-10 post workout because it is very convenient and oftentimes I am not hungry after my early morning workout. Also, MAG-10 is absorbed so quickly that you shouldn’t worry about the Finibar slowing the absorption of MAG-10.

[quote]pietrafitta wrote:
Chris has mentioned this several times in the past, so I am not saying anything new here, but Finibars can be used post workout too as they are anti-catabolic in nature. I usually have a Finibar and MAG-10 post workout because it is very convenient and oftentimes I am not hungry after my early morning workout. Also, MAG-10 is absorbed so quickly that you shouldn’t worry about the Finibar slowing the absorption of MAG-10. [/quote]

Interesting… I’ve been having solid foods away from the MAG-10 post. Typically that holds me over for an hour or two.

Think I’ll get some FINiBARs later next month when I’m not so restricted on calories.

Most of the time, we suggest having Mag-10 by itself, between meals or post-workout to get the “protein pulse” effect. But it’s almost impossible to mess up Mag-10; it just goes right in you. So coaches like John Meadows often have their clients make a snack out of Mag-10 and a handful of nuts, or Mag-10 and a bar. Mag-10 + Finibar is an easy post-workout meal too if you’re busy.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Most of the time, we suggest having MAG-10 by itself, between meals or post-workout to get the “protein pulse” effect. But it’s almost impossible to mess up MAG-10; it just goes right in you. So coaches like John Meadows often have their clients make a snack out of MAG-10 and a handful of nuts, or MAG-10 and a bar. MAG-10 + Finibar is an easy post-workout meal too if you’re busy. [/quote]

Man, I should have posted this thread up earlier before I made my order this morning (and it was a huge order, stocked up enough to last through to the fall most likely). 4 boxes of MD bars in there… Well, upside is that 4 boxes of MD bars will last roughly a month so, next order will be a bunch of FINiBARs!

Had one of the MD bars today from my order that arrived. It’s a damn good bar.

Soooooooooooooooooo looking forward to ordering the FINiBARs soon and getting a taste of those.

@ Biotest:

Why you guys made two Chocolate based Metabolic Drive bars is beyond me. They both taste too similar. Whats up with that?

I agree I wish we had peanut butter Metabolic Drive bar or something with not so much of a chocolate taste.

Down to 2 boxes of Metabolic Drive bars… coming up on time to try out the Finibars :smiley:

I regularly eat two Metabolic Drive bars with a glob of coconut oil for a quick meal.

I’ve tried having Finibars as a meal, but they don’t fill me up the same way – which is the point – so it typically results in me eating an unholy amount of Finibars back to back to back. I love 'em pre-hockey, though, because of their ease of digestion.

A peanut butter or lemon (who remembers?!) flavored Metabolic Drive bar would be outstanding.

If I eat another chocolate FiNiBAR, I’m going to poop the wrapper. Restock on Peanut Butter should be within 6 weeks per Edward. 6 weeks more of pooping chocolate FiNis!

[quote]brandon76 wrote:
If I eat another chocolate FiNiBAR, I’m going to poop the wrapper. Restock on Peanut Butter should be within 6 weeks per Edward. 6 weeks more of pooping chocolate FiNis! [/quote]

I feel yah. Made a restock order a few days ago, obviously had to settle for the choco flavour.

Ate a chocolate fini this morning. I like it. Really like it.

Been using the Finibars for my pre-workout snack once I wake up an hour prior to training. Sits in the stomach well when combining with Micro-PA protocol,

[quote]SBT wrote:
A peanut butter or lemon (who remembers?!) flavored Metabolic Drive bar would be outstanding.[/quote]

Wow, I remember those! Man, I’ve been through every incarnation of Metabolic Drive bars over the years. I actually miss the old Rocky Road and Cookie Dough flavored ones from around '09/'10. Those were seriously my favorites.

I would knock off two at a time when I didn’t have time to sit down and eat. (and sometimes, even when I did have the time -lol)

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]SBT wrote:
A peanut butter or lemon (who remembers?!) flavored Metabolic Drive bar would be outstanding.[/quote]

Wow, I remember those! Man, I’ve been through every incarnation of Metabolic Drive bars over the years. I actually miss the old Rocky Road and Cookie Dough flavored ones from around '09/'10. Those were seriously my favorites.

I would knock off two at a time when I didn’t have time to sit down and eat. (and sometimes, even when I did have the time -lol)

S[/quote]

Why, why are these not still available?!? Lemon sounds friggin amazing!