Biotest

Fiber Supplement Help

Hi Guys,

The Velocity Diet recommended Fiber Choice tablets are not available here in Australia where I reside. I went to the local GNC store to get an equivalent, but all they could offer me was a jar of Psyllium Seed Husk capsules. The only nutritional information listed on the jar is 500mg of Psyllium husk powder, no sugar, no starch, no artificial colours, no artificial flavours, no wheat, no soy, no dairy, yeast free.

I then went to the local supermarket to see if they had any other options and found Nature’s Way Easy Fibre chewable tablets (orange flavour). The nutritional information per 2 tablets (4g) is as follows :

Calories : 21
Protein : 1.01g
Fat : 0.05g
Carbs : 3.3g (Total including 2.3g of sugar)
Fibre : 4g
Sodium : 0mg

Ingredients : Inulin, dextrates, sucralose, silicia, citric acid, natural flavour, natural colour, sorbitol, magnesium sterate.

Now I realise these are not sugar free like the Fiber Choice tablets that are recommended and they are only slightly higher in calories, so these should be an ok alternative shouldn’t they? I think I’d much rather have the Easy Fibre tablets than the Psyllium seed husk capsules as I imagine chewing on a couple of the orange flavour Easy Fibre tablets will help a bit with satiety.

Does anyone have any thoughts / comments?

Don’t see why you couldn’t have them, as long as you include the calories in your calculations. I bought some Nature Made Fibreclear soluble fibre for my diet, as there are no tablets or anything similar here in Qatar

put psyllium husk in your shakes. drink the shake within 30 mins or it becomes all chunky

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.