Biotest

Female V-Dieter

Well today is day 2 and i am so light headed!! This is going to be a tough 4 weeks.

My stats:
age - 28
weight - 240
height - 6ft
largest part of belly - 44.5
hips - 46
upper thigh - 28
calf - L 19.25 R 18.5
ankle - 10
chest - 49
ribs - 38.5
shoulders - 49
upper arm -15
neck - 15.5

I have basically put on 50lbs in the last five years and have struggled to lose it. So this is it i have to do this!! I hope this forum will offer me support and answer any questions i have.

After reading over the diet i used the formula for losing over 35lbs. However withthis formula i don’t get 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Is this ok? My calories on non-workout days come to 1360 and roughly 1660 on workout days.
The HOT-ROX are making my stomach burn and my face flush, is this normal? Do i have to take them on an empty stomach?

I will post pictures tonight and by doing so i hope that it will mentally push me to complete these 4 weeks and beyond.

Any help greatly appreciated.

tina-T

Welcome Tina!!

The light-headedness is to be expected. You are probably drastically cutting your calories. It will get better within a couple of days. It WILL be tough but its a matter of how badly you want it. Don’t give an inch. At all. Follow the program to a T and you will do great.

HOT-ROX has that effect. Just keep your fluids up. I take one on an empty stomach, then have a shake within 20 mins of taking it.

I know it’s hard, but posting pictures is so important! I look forward to reading and seeing your progress!

Hi Kurlie,

you are doing great!! I read your progress when I was going through this website. Congrats!! Yeah, those HOT-ROX pills are something…I do drink a lot of water, probably too much…my body must think I am trying to drown myself, haha…

Honestly this is about the hardest part of the journey. By around the end of the week you’ll be wondering what all your belly aching was about :slight_smile: By the third week I forget I’m on a diet!!

Keep it up, it’s a rewarding experience not just in weight loss but change of eating habits, an achievement to stick to something for four weeks and so on.

Good luck!

OK, I just did my first workout and drank my first post workout shake and let me tell you - that is the sweetest and the nastiest thing i have ever tasted… I do like sweet stuff but this was too much… even for me! :frowning: Last time I had such a hard time was when i was probably 5 and forced to take some gross medicine…

I will probably hate chocolate for the rest of my life…BUT I will suck it up and get on with it… However, if anyone knows any trick how to make it not so sweet, please let me know!!! :slight_smile:

I know it is quite early but I am already looking forward to my solid meal. I can’t wait to eat some kind of green leafy crunchy lettuce as opposed to a piece of cake or chocolate.

Thanks for the supportive words!

Ooops! I have more pictures but i don’t want them to be lying sideways. Does anybody know how to rectify this?

[quote]tina-T wrote:
Ooops! I have more pictures but i don’t want them to be lying sideways. Does anybody know how to rectify this?
[/quote]

they’re saved on your computer that way.

go to a photo editing program and just rotate it, then re-save and attach

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
tina-T wrote:

they’re saved on your computer that way.

go to a photo editing program and just rotate it, then re-save and attach[/quote]

Tina,

Thought I’d help you out with the first one!

Also, a couple of thoughts: Not sure how to cut the sweetness, but if you like coffee, adding a little instant to a chocolate or vanilla shake can be a nice change in the mornings.

Another little tip is to flavor your water with a little mint or something for variety.

As for the HOT-ROX, you didn’t mention how many you are taking at a time, but it’s a good idea to start with just one and gauge the effects, working up to two if needed.

Kudos to you for posting a pic and making a decision to do the diet. It won’t be easy at times but stick to it and you’ll be pleased with the outcome.

[EDIT]Duh, I just realized you were talking about the sweetness of PWO drink and not the shakes. For Surge, you could mix it in two doses, and use a little more water to dilute the sweetness a little. Since the PWO window doesn’t close immediately, you could do one right after your training session and the rest 30 minutes later. Hope that’s helpful.

[quote]tina-T wrote:

I will probably hate chocolate for the rest of my life…BUT I will suck it up and get on with it… However, if anyone knows any trick how to make it not so sweet, please let me know!!! :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Are you using chocolate Surge? I’ve heard thats awful. I’ve also read to stay away from Root beer flavor too I believe I’ve heard it refered to as ‘ass beer’ ; ). The original, imo, tastes like Angel food cake batter. I have the Wild Rapberry and when mixed with extra water reminds me of crystal light.

Good luck-stay strong.

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
tina-T wrote:

Are you using chocolate Surge? I’ve heard thats awful. I’ve also read to stay away from Root beer flavor too I believe I’ve heard it refered to as ‘ass beer’ ; ). The original, imo, tastes like Angel food cake batter. I have the Wild Rapberry and when mixed with extra water reminds me of crystal light.

Good luck-stay strong.[/quote]

Chocolate Surge is the most delicious thing on this planet :smiley:

yeah, my post workout shake has chocolate flavour… I will try to get that wild raspberry one next time, thx for your tip.

Also, does anyone know the answer I asked in my intro - question about the amount of protein needed per pound of body weight? I would hate to find out that it is not enough protein for a successful weight loss… :-((

Trying the pics again!!

[quote]tina-T wrote:
After reading over the diet i used the formula for losing over 35lbs. However with this formula i don’t get 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Is this ok? My calories on non-workout days come to 1360 and roughly 1660 on workout days.

yeah, my post workout shake has chocolate flavour… I will try to get that wild raspberry one next time, thx for your tip.

Also, does anyone know the answer I asked in my intro - question about the amount of protein needed per pound of body weight? I would hate to find out that it is not enough protein for a successful weight loss… :-(([/quote]

According to the V-Diet for Women article on MWA you should be getting about 1,700 kcal on your non-training days and 2150 or so on training days. So yes, your protein could be a little low.

ok, this time the photos worked out well…

Today is my 3rd day…quite tough but those pictures above are very inspiring to REALLY stick to something this time! It is hard though - I have 2 kids I have to feed few times/day and that takes a lot of discipline not to even lick the spoon covered with jelly. I think that my belly is getting a little bit more flat…quite encouraging although it is probably just my stomach shrinking…

I am tempted to jump on the scale but I think I will try to do it only once a week.

Xeneize, that amount of calories you mention I get when I use the basic formula. However, I did the formula from the website which you use when you want to shed more than 35 lbs and that came up as 1360/ 1660 cal a day…
but i don’t know now…?

[quote]tina-T wrote:
ok, this time the photos worked out well…

Today is my 3rd day…quite tough but those pictures above are very inspiring to REALLY stick to something this time! It is hard though - I have 2 kids I have to feed few times/day and that takes a lot of discipline not to even lick the spoon covered with jelly. I think that my belly is getting a little bit more flat…quite encouraging although it is probably just my stomach shrinking…

I am tempted to jump on the scale but I think I will try to do it only once a week.

[/quote]

Absolutely!! I know exactly where you’re coming from! I nanny two little ones, and am with them ALL day long. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all the snacks in between! Everyday that passes without cheating is a milestone! I leave work and my pants are covered in all the crap/food from wiping my hands off on them. I’d rather have it on my pants than in my mouth!

I’m sure you are slimming down already! My stomach was getting flat within just the first few days as well. It’s a real motivator!
I suggest only getting on the scale on the day of your HSM. Your weight fluctuates so much in just a week, it will drive you crazy.
Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Ok I have made a boo boo… since I still am trying to figure out how this forum works and how to post any comments ( actually that one is easy) BUT how to reply to the answers I receive - I wanted to reply to couple of people who got back to me an I clicked on “report post” under their pictures…

I replied very nicely thinking that my answers will go to them but as soon as I sent them I realized that it probably went to the “centrum” where we can report some fishy comments…I AM SO SORRY, I SINCERELY APPOLOGIZE AND I DID NOT MEAN ANYTHING BY THAT, it was just a simple very stupid mistake! I am going to send an e-mail to them explaining what I have just done.
SORRY!!

[quote]tina-T wrote:
Xeneize, that amount of calories you mention I get when I use the basic formula. However, I did the formula from the website which you use when you want to shed more than 35 lbs and that came up as 1360/ 1660 cal a day…
but i don’t know now…?[/quote]

Yes, I saw the over 35 lbs. formula. Your numbers are correct, but I don’t have personal experience with that formula. Maybe Shugart will weigh in with a better answer.

[quote]tina-T wrote:
Ok I have made a boo boo… since I still am trying to figure out how this forum works and how to post any comments ( actually that one is easy) BUT how to reply to the answers I receive - I wanted to reply to couple of people who got back to me an I clicked on “report post” under their pictures…

I replied very nicely thinking that my answers will go to them but as soon as I sent them I realized that it probably went to the “centrum” where we can report some fishy comments…I AM SO SORRY, I SINCERELY APPOLOGIZE AND I DID NOT MEAN ANYTHING BY THAT, it was just a simple very stupid mistake! I am going to send an e-mail to them explaining what I have just done.
SORRY!![/quote]

It’s not a problem at all, no harm done.

The easiest way to reply to someone’s post is to click the “Quote” button in the bottom-right of their post.

You’ll then see their post, and you can write your message in the same box.

[quote]Mod Jump’n Jack wrote:
tina-T wrote:

SORRY!!

It’s not a problem at all, no harm done.

The easiest way to reply to someone’s post is to click the “Quote” button in the bottom-right of their post.

You’ll then see their post, and you can write your message in the same box.
[/quote]

Good work so far tina and yes we all make mistakes the first time, especially with the internet!!

You’ll find everybody here pretty helpful and supportive so don’t hesitate to ask questions.
Are you getting support from friends or family with this diet or are you going into solitary for a month? It can be tough with others eating around you but you just need to stay focused and keep your eye on the final goal - it will all be worth it in the end.
Keep up the good work!!