Biotest

Female Cyclist Ready to Get At It

I guess a little background would be a good place to start…I am a cyclist first, lifter second…I have always been into lifting but cycling is my first love…

long story short I have to take a month - 2 months off of cycling for personal reasons and have always toyed with the idea of the Velocity Diet but the opportunity never came around where I could actually do it, Im also getting married this summer and want to drop those last few pounds to look absolutely stunning in my wedding dress…

Day #1 Measurements
Height: 5’11

Weight: 159.6 (That time of the month, expect some water weight to drop right away)

BF% from the scale: 22.6%

Ride: 2008 Quintana Roo Lucero ( yes I know a tri bike, but for cruising I like being aero)

Neck: 14
Chest: 35
Upper Belly: 27
Hips: 31
Thigh: 20
Calf: 14

Also, Here are some “before” pictures

Day #1 Back

Day #1 Front

Day #1 Calfs

My Goal Body: I don’t know who she is but I want to look like her…

Great calves! I dont think your far off goal body!

Side note: That is a great bike…I am jealous haha

I agree with time2getbig, you are pretty close to your goal. This diet initially and then some smart training and eating and you should be there quickly.

OK so as I sit here and sip on my first shake of many over the course of this 28 day journey + 14 day transition, I have to say I’m excited…I’m excited to see what will come of this I’m excited for the challenge.

I think a big help of going through this is that this forum will kind of be like my A.A…when the time comes when I’m feeling low and defeated I know I can come here and “talk through it”

Anyone else on day 1 today?

Welcome to Day ! I am on Day 7…HSM day:)

As I read your post I realized that I have not been on my bike in two months (that whole work thing got in the way). My ride is a 2007 Look 565…Love it! Did an awesome trip last April in Corsica - amazing scenery (an alot of hills). I just may have to do my nepa today on the bike.

Stay strong!

Welcome. You’ll need to gain muscle too to look like the girl in that pic, but I’m thinking you’re going to do that on the V-Diet given the weight training program and the lack of cycling.

Keep us posted!

[quote]Cyclist618 wrote:
OK so as I sit here and sip on my first shake of many over the course of this 28 day journey + 14 day transition, I have to say I’m excited…I’m excited to see what will come of this I’m excited for the challenge.

I think a big help of going through this is that this forum will kind of be like my A.A…when the time comes when I’m feeling low and defeated I know I can come here and “talk through it”

Anyone else on day 1 today?[/quote]

I’m on day 1 as well and must say I’m excited to not get on my bike for the next 6 weeks because when I do, not only will I be lighter but I have a feeling my bike is going to be stronger. It makes me giddy to think of how well I could do during my next triathlon.

And yes, utilize the forums, that’s what they are there for. I remember how important it was to interact with supportive people during Bartl, V. 1

I made some amazing friends because of it too :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for hopping in…Day #1 is in the bags…I’ve been reading through days 2-5 are the ones you have to watch out for…well, I welcome them with open arms…

Bartl, I was actually thinking about that last night as I was out with my friends, all of them enjoying nice ice cold beer and wings. I just kept telling myself how much faster and overall quicker I will be once I drop a few pounds…Also, how much more in control of my bike I will be while climbing.

Heres to a great Day #2 everyone…

Soon your bike will be v-powered (I couldn’t resist). Your gonna rock this thing. Its amazing how much muscle you can put on while on this “diet”. I might have to see if there’s any air in the tires its only supposed to be 101 here today.

Workout #1

Bent-Over Barbell Rows
WU set, 5 @ 100, 5 @ 100, 5 @ 110, 5 @ 110 ( Next time I’m going to up the weight)

Overhead Squat ( went light on these)

Dips ( never did these so went unweighted)
4x5

Ab Roll out ( I had no clue how to do these and had to ask someone to show me)
I have my own routine with planks, medicine balls, and others but felt like a tool doing these today since I had no clue how to do them hahaha but man did they work me like a horse

[quote]Cyclist618 wrote:

Bartl, I was actually thinking about that last night as I was out with my friends, all of them enjoying nice ice cold beer and wings. I just kept telling myself how much faster and overall quicker I will be once I drop a few pounds…Also, how much more in control of my bike I will be while climbing.

[/quote]

Now imagine bartending at a restaurant and watching people eat scrumpshish pasta dishes, the best calamari on the planet while me shoving mojito’s and martini’s down there throats. Ahhhh, glutony…

OK so minor dilemma or not really one at all, I just got word that my tests I took came back great and better than what we could have wished for…which means I can begin to cycle again…

I believe I will be a V-Diet failure…the urge and want to go out and cycle and cycle hard or hop on the trainer for 2 hours is going to be to great…

With regards to the V-Diet lite plan, are you able to do cardio / cycling ?

[quote]Cyclist618 wrote:
OK so minor dilemma or not really one at all, I just got word that my tests I took came back great and better than what we could have wished for…which means I can begin to cycle again…

I believe I will be a V-Diet failure…the urge and want to go out and cycle and cycle hard or hop on the trainer for 2 hours is going to be to great…

With regards to the V-Diet lite plan, are you able to do cardio / cycling ?[/quote]

absolutely not! Shugs has talked about it extensively as hard cardio on this diet will do more harm than good. I feel your urge to want to get back and ride, but you have to decide if you want to train on your bike or work on dropping some pounds to make you a lighter, more effective rider.

I think if you get lighter but can maintain strength it will increase your power output making you more efficient and faster. Also it will definitely increase climbing ability.

You are pretty lean though so who knows lol

Anyways, it is hard to stop riding but I try to think about how fast I could be if I was lighter haha