Biotest

Felt nothing from the V-Burn Challenge

doing the intermediate program

I just completed the V-Burn Challenge today and i did not feal much from it.

My heart was pounding for maybe 5 minutes afterwards. I did it as fast as i could. I did not feel like i burned enough calories. Is this normal?

I also know that i am not supposed to do NEPA on the V-Burn Challenge Day.

The idea is not to burn calories necessarily.

Now, I’m not doubting you directly, but when I personally put someone through a V-Diet workout or V-Burn, many who claimed before it was “too easy” find that can’t even finish. Usually this means they were doing something wrong before, not following rest period guidelines etc. So make sure you’re doing it correctly. Sadly, I find most people just aren’t doing the workouts right (and that’s partially our fault for not explaining them well.)

The most common mistakes make with the V-Burn are 1) resting between exercise or 2) not doing the whole thing 6 times as instructed (circuits: 6).

But if you’re doing the V-Burn perfectly and just an extraordinary athlete, then feel free to add a NEPA walk afterward.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
The idea is not to burn calories necessarily.

Now, I’m not doubting you directly, but when I personally put someone through a V-Diet workout or V-Burn, many who claimed before it was “too easy” find that can’t even finish. Usually this means they were doing something wrong before, not following rest period guidelines etc. So make sure you’re doing it correctly. Sadly, I find most people just aren’t doing the workouts right (and that’s partially our fault for not explaining them well.)

The most common mistakes make with the V-Burn are 1) resting between exercise or 2) not doing the whole thing 6 times as instructed (circuits: 6).

But if you’re doing the V-Burn perfectly and just an extraordinary athlete, then feel free to add a NEPA walk afterward.

[/quote]
Im confused at this 6 times thing.

The vburn challenge has a total of 8 exercises. According to the Training program i am supposed to do each exercise 10 reps each right? Once i am done with all 8 exercises i am done right?

It’s a circuit. You do it six times. The plan says “circuits: 6.” Here, I copy and pasted this from the V-Diet plan:

Reps: 10 per exercise per circuit
Circuits: 6
Rest: 0

A1 Jump Squat
A2 Hand Walkout - from knees or toes
A3 Single-Leg Deadlift - arms out to sides
A4 Push-Up - clap
A5 Rope Jumping or Jumping Jack
A6 Reverse Lunge- twist
A7 Pike Push-Up
A8 Squat Thrust

I think he’ll be amazed at the affect doing it five more times with no rest will make.

First time I did the V-Challenge, I completed 4 circuits and was DONE! Haha