Biotest

Fell Off the Wagon, Haven't Gotten Back On

Hi all. I competed in my first figure comp back in July 2008, then ate everything that wasn’t bolted down for 2 months following my comp. I managed to put on 12kg in that time… then gradually the weight crept on until I stabilised at 20kg over my comp weight for the past 18 months or so!

Medically I am in my “healthy weight range”. I train every weekday in the gym, like a good figure competitor does in the “off season”. Thing is I’ve let this thing go on way too long. Haven’t been able to break the binge cycle that started two years ago following my comp. I’ve started prepping for two comps since, and quit both halfway through the prep because I just couldn’t get my head around it all again.

Comp or no comp, the moral to the story is that I don’t like what I see in the mirror… and I think life is way too short to spend a single day hating what I see in the mirror.

A friend from America told me about the Velocity Diet. I have to say I was skeptical… but more so extremely concerned that it was a starvation diet, would result in a sluggish metabolism and general fatigue. But, I’ve sat down over the past week and have read every word on here about the diet (still working through the forums!) and have to say I am intrigued. So, what have I got to lose other than some ugly fat?

It’s one month out of my whole life, so herein starts the experiment! I am doing this properly, so, as soon as my Biotest supps arrive (ordered tonight, should arrive by the end of the week), I will take my before shots and measurements, weigh in, and log it all so I remain accountable through the whole thing… :wink:

Good Luck!!

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Good Luck!![/quote]

Thanks Marzouk! :slight_smile:

Righto then… It started today. And I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at a lot of things… the Metabolic Drive tastes amazing (I bought Vanilla and Chocolate just to break the day up), the Superfood is not as bad as I assumed from some comments in the forums (in fact I hardly notice it when mixed into the Vanilla MD) and the only time I got hungry today was at 1730, but it wasn’t enough to make me climb walls! I know it’s only day 1, but if this is what it’s going to be like, I dare say this will be easier than the final weeks comp prep! :wink:

Other than that, I started my day with a 45-minute walk on the treadie at an average of 6.25km/h. Will do the Day 1 resistance session tomorrow - didn’t do it today because I trained chest yesterday so am still recovering from my DOMS.

This morning I weighed 76.7kg, and I took some pics (a bit hard when I live by myself, but will be fine as long as I take the final ones in the same fashion). I have to say, I was already unhappy with how I look right now, but to see it in a picture is really a wake up call… I knew this already as I have previous experience with progress pics… I guess I’m just shocked I let myself fall back this far.

Well… still deciding whether to put the “before” pics up… for now I’ll just take my tape measurements and decide later.

Congrats for signing on with us V-dieters. You should def. post your before pics. they will help keep you in check when you start feeling weak. Everytime you logon and see those pics. you will remeber why you are here and that it is only 1 month to a new you. You can do it and together we can push past and resist the roadblocks awaiting in the following weeks. I am only on day 2 myself today, so I will be here cheering you on.
GOOD LUCK!!

[quote]Lynz86 wrote:
Congrats for signing on with us V-dieters. You should def. post your before pics. they will help keep you in check when you start feeling weak. Everytime you logon and see those pics. you will remeber why you are here and that it is only 1 month to a new you. You can do it and together we can push past and resist the roadblocks awaiting in the following weeks. I am only on day 2 myself today, so I will be here cheering you on.
GOOD LUCK!![/quote]

Thanks for your support Lynz! :slight_smile:

Well… here they are, my 28-days out pics. As I said, I live by myself, so they’re just done holding the camera out in front of me. Not full-body shots, but I know I will see a difference in my torso and arms. Please excuse the sexy beige sports bra… I was just about to go to the gym! hehe

So yeah, they’re shocking to me, they are not attractive, I am fat. Don’t say I’m being hard on myself - I am not a fan of sugar-coating things. I am fat. Junk food is junk food. Let’s call things what they are and just face up to them!

This morning I weighed 76kg - 700g down from yesterday. Now, before anyone tells me I shouldn’t weigh every day because it will “do my head in”, please rest assured I actually prefer it this way and it’s just a habit for me now.

Unfortunately I have a lot of experience with weight loss (particularly during my comp prep) and I actually find my head is done in if I DON’T know what I weigh each morning! Obsessive? Perhaps… the important thing is that I acknowledge my weight fluctuates from day to day by up to one or two kg, depending on water/carb/salt intake and what time of the month it is!

Tape measurements:
Neck: 33.5cm
Chest (upper, under armpits): 90cm
Chest (lower, across nipples): 96cm
Arm (upper): 35.5cm
Arm (lower): 29cm
Waist (Bellybutton): 86.5cm
Waist (largest point): 93cm
Hips: 97.5cm
Leg (upper): 62.5cm
Leg (lower): 42cm
Ankle: 24cm

I forgot to measure around my shoulders… meh, I think I have enough numbers to compare!

Oh, and I am 169cm tall… yes, medically this puts me into the overweight category (not in the healthy category, yes… I was blissfully unaware I’d slipped back and become “overweight”!).

Day 2 done… sleep well and train hard tomorrow everyone! :slight_smile:

…and here is one from the side - I bloody look pregnant! Bleeuggghh!!! Yes, enough to make me VERY angry! I am only 28 years old, and I used to look amazing, very annoyed at myself for letting it get to this.

Only one thing to do about that, and that’s to do something about it!

To put things in perspective, here is a pic of what my torso looked like in July 2008! Just a slight difference… :-/

Hi all - this morning I weighed 74.8kg, so that’s a scale loss of 1.9kg since Tuesday. I am feeling tighter all over, my fat feels jelly-like - which only means it is on the move! All in all I am pretty happy. It is only day 4 and whilst I am still enjoying the shakes I think I may have hit a mini version of The Grind (as Chris calls it) already. One small thing I have noticed is that my teeth are sore - could this be from not chewing (am off to search the forums now for an answer to this)?? Good thing is I do want to stick it out, I am keeping the positive self-talk up. For example:

This morning, alarm went off at 0500. Inner Fat Erica whispered, “Mmmm… bed is so comfy and warm… skipping your NEPA walk won’t make much of a difference, you’re on the Diet 100%, so just forget it.”

Outer Fit Erica snapped back, “no, you have to do your walk, you know you’ll feel bad later…” then she quickly cut herself off and changed her language, saying, "what I meant to say was, “no, I want to get my arse out of bed and take one step closer to getting my figure back!” And with that, I was off! :slight_smile:

Please note: Whilst I actually look like Fat Erica and not Fit Erica right now, it is important that I believe I am fit, you know, all that Law of Attraction stuff! :wink:

I hope you are all having a fantastic week - one more day of work left for those of you in the US, my weekend has just started… so this will be the test of my strength. I am going to save my HSM for Sunday - I think if I have it any earlier it could start an avalanche of eating when I am bored during the day/evening!

Holly shit, now i understand why you called your thread that. You looked mean! Keep going i’m sure you can get it bk!

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Holly shit, now i understand why you called your thread that. You looked mean! Keep going i’m sure you can get it bk![/quote]

:slight_smile: Thanks Marzouk… I know I can… it’s so good to have those pictures as my goal, because they are me!

Well it’s Saturday here in Aus, I weigh 74.5kg, have just had my first shake of the day (starting to get a bit hard to get down) and am now off to the gym for a workout and then a walk around the lake here in Canberra - 5km.

This morning I weighed 74.5kg. No loss from yesterday, but that’s ok, because I had every shake, ate nothing off plan and did my training and NEPA walk. :slight_smile:

I also had my first social situation challenge last night. Some mates wanted to catch up for a drink at the pub. In the past if I was in comp prep or another dieting phase I would’ve politely declined and spent the night in. But last night I really wanted to see these guys so I went, drinking my ‘dinner shake’ right before I left. I drove and picked them up on the way (first level of safeguard that I couldn’t drink alcohol - that’s how little trust myself with the temptation!), then during the two hours we were there I drank a long black coffee and a glass of soda water. We had such a fun time catching up I didn’t even notice I didn’t have a glass of wine or a beer in my hand! Go me! :-)))

Now off to the Sunday markets, the gym and then to the cinema to see “Eclipse”… a few shakes to pack for my day out! :wink:

This morning I visited the Sunday markets with some other mates… it was -4 deg celcius… they were drinking mulled wine and eating Ethiopian curries and Mexican cheesy tacos… I sat with them while they were eating, drinking my water and just enjoying the conversation - then I walked around the markets with them with a long black coffee in my hand, as we walked past all the fudge, cake and fresh bread stalls… thing is, it didn’t bother me at all, and I found myself actually wondering why I would want to put that stuff into my body - almost zero nutritional value!

It was the strangest feeling - in the past, during comp prep or any diet I would be in the same situation and feel deprived and like I was missing out on “life”… but this morning I somehow felt ‘clean’ by not having that food in my body, and I walked out of there with a smile on my face, knowing that I was leaner than when I first walked in! :wink:

Then there was the movie… wow… I took my shake in with me, drank it, and for the first hour of the film I was fascinated at how much people were eating! Out of the corner of my eye I couldn’t help but notice how much the woman’s hand next to me went from her popcorn, chocolate and frozen coke to her mouth… the constant munching and scrunching of packets… it was feeding time at the zoo! It actually made me feel a bit sad - why do we feel the need to eat when we watch a movie? Perhaps it is just another bad habit that we need to break??

Sooo… I procrastinated all day on doing my V-Burn… got home from movies at 1900, was sooooooo hungry I could eat the ar*e out of a dead horse, but then remembered that my life is too short to spend any of it hating what I see in the mirror… so I got my gym gear on and headed downstairs, put the 2007 Annual Ministry of Sound on and did it - went through 5 times and almost lost the HSM I haven’t yet eaten! Ha! Now I am happy that I’ve kicked all goals for the weekend, I am off to take my dog for a walk and then cook my salmon, sweet potato and broccoli and finish off the night with some fresh strawberries! YUM!!!

Sounds good, glad your sticking to it, you should have no problem finished the whole diet!

[quote]Marzouk wrote:
Sounds good, glad your sticking to it, you should have no problem finished the whole diet![/quote]

Thanks Marzouk! I’m actually finding it to be a breeze! :slight_smile:

Well… lesson for today kiddies… we all know the 7 P’s right? You know… prior preparation and planning prevents p*ss poor performance? Yeah… well… in my day job I am actually a professional logistician, however I’ve managed to run out of Metabolic Drive!! :frowning: However, I will defend myself by saying that it wasn’t entirely my fault - I ordered it with plenty of time to arrive before I ran out. Today when I got home it hadn’t arrived, so I thought I’d call the supplier… he apologised and said it hadn’t yet been sent because they were stocktaking on Friday! AAARrrrrggghhh!!! I said, “well, that’s no good for me is it mate, I planned to receive new stuff today when I ran out!” So, the lovely guy put one tub into Express post for me and I’ll receive it tomorrow… which I guess is better than Wednesday or Thursday!

So, what am I doing in the meantime? Well, being a good little weightlifter I always have a good WPI in stock in my pantry… so I am just going to have to improvise, adapt and overcome with what I’ve got. The macros are quite different, and I’m a little stuck as to how to translate Metabolic Drive servings into my “Other Protein”… I know that ‘calories in’ is always important when trying to drop fat, however I know that we also want to maintain muscle at all costs, so is it more important I keep the protein grams the same?? For example:

On Metabolic Drive, with the plan I’m on, I’m drinking 9 scoops a day, to give me 990 calories and 180g protein.

If I shoot for 990 calories of “Other Protein”, I get 6.5 scoops a day, for a total of 229g protein.

If, on the other hand, I shoot for the same amount of protein - 180g - then I’ll get 5 scoops for the day and only 775 calories.

I am thinking I’ll go for the same cals, which will just give me more protein, but at least I won’t be putting myself into too much of a caloric deficit and needing to guess to make it up with nut butter (now that could be dangerous for me!)…

The other factor is that by having the same calories I am only getting half the grams of carbohydrate, so at worst I guess tomorrow I may just find myself more hungry and perhaps feeling a little bit drained…

Or am I just thinking into it too much? It’s only for a day?

1/4 of the way there! :slight_smile: Starting to like what I see in the mirror again… just! :wink: Will post stats tonight. I hope everyone else is going great guns!!!

1/4 of the way there! :slight_smile: Starting to like what I see in the mirror again… just! :wink: Will post stats tonight. I hope everyone else is going great guns!!!

Side shot

Side shot

Sorry for the multiple pictures, I don’t know why my posts appeared more than once, and now I can’t work out how to delete the duplicates??