Biotest

Feline's V-Diet Log

My supplements arrived this morning and, after the weighing, measuring and photos I’m already one shake down.

Stats are:
Weight: 175 lbs
Waist: 36.5 inches
Belly (widest): 38inches
Chest: 40 inches
Right arm: 12.75 inches
Left arm: 12.5 inches
Right thigh: 24.25 inches
Left thigh 24.5 inches
right calf: 15 inches
Left calf: 15.25 inches

I enjoyed the first shake, which seems like a good start, and after this post I’m going to bag up my supplements for the day before heading to the office.

Front picture

Side picture.

Day 1 Training:

Did my usual mobility drills on getting up. These are due to an old shoulder injury and very low intensity.

Weights:
Dumbbell Squat (40 reps, 45 seconds rest between sets): 37.5 kg
Dumbbell Bench Press (40 reps, 45 seconds rest between sets): 20kg (each dumbbell) used neutral grip due to shoulder issues
Dumbbell Row (40 reps, 45 seconds rest between sets): 20kg (each dumbbell)
Front plank (45 seconds rest between sets): 55 seconds, 35 seconds

I also added in some very low intensity rotator cuff work (again due to the shoulder injury). I can’t see this having any negative effect on the diet, but if I find it hard at any session then I’ll drop it.

Shoulder rehabilitation
Lying l-flyes: 5kg 1 set of 10 reps each side , followed by 1 set of 6 reps each side, no rest between sets.

NEPA is going to be later, although I have already had two 10 minute fast paced walks, to and from my office to the gym.

Ended up having two walks, one 30min and one that was meant to be 30 min but was actually 40 because I was enjoying it so much.

Feeling good so far.

Finished the first day feeling very good and having got all of the shakes in.

Enjoyed the first one today as well, so I feel I’m well on my way for another good day.

Looking forward to following your progress! Stay strong!

Yesterday went well. Everything correct on the diet and feeling pretty good.

I had two 30 minute NEPA walks, and went out and danced a bit of Salsa as well. I think with Salsa I’ll have to be mindful of when it is and isn’t NEPA. Dancing very fast songs with lots of turns for me as well as my partner, or lots of intricate pretzel moves could easily push over into more intense exercise. So, when I’m doing Salsa as NEPA I’ll stick to slower songs, or more basic moves.

First shake out of the way this morning, and really looking forward to getting to the gym.

Big realisation about my eating habits while walking yesterday as well. I’m hugely motivated by a desire to not waste money when it comes to food. I tend to overeat a lot at places where you pay once and eat all you want, and at free buffets. Also, sometimes when I’m away from home I’ll go for the less healthy option because it’s cheaper.

I’m definitely going to stay aware of this, and I know how I can use it to my benefit on the V-Diet. If I’m tempted to do something against the diet then I’ll just think about all the money I’ll have wasted on supplements if I don’t get the full benefit.

Another good day so far.

Gym session went well:

Romanian deadlift: 50kg for 50 reps, 45 seconds between sets.
Underhand grip lat pulldown: 35 (whatever the units are on the machine; lbs, kg, furlongs per fortnight?) for 50 reps, 45 seconds between sets.
Standing shoulder press (changed to neutral grip due to shoulder issues): 12.5kg (per dumbbell) for 50 reps, 45 seconds between sets.
Side plank: 45 seconds per side, 45 seconds rest, 30 seconds per side.

Also added in some low intensity rotator cuff work:
Lying L-flyes: 5kgs for 10 reps per side then another 10 reps per side without rest.

Later on I did a 40 minute NEPA walk, and I’ll probably do another 20-30 minutes this evening.

Day 3 went well, including another 25 mins of NEPA walk for a total of 1 hour 5 mins. So far day 4 has been just as good.

Everything went well for day 4, including a 1 hour NEPA walk.

This morning gave me a bit of extra motivation:

I’d walked from the Metro to my office (about 5-10mins fast paced walk) carrying my gym kit and cooler bag with powders for V-diet stuff for the day. Admittedly, it isn’t that heavy, but with it being in two bags, and the cooler having a couple of ice packs, it has some weight to it.
I was wearing a suit and tie, and the walk was really easy even at a fast speed in warm weather. I got to the office and got into the lift, and just as I hit the button for the 7th floor, another guy came rushing in.

He was wearing trousers and a short sleeved shirt, and I could see that he’d only rushed from the door of the building to the lift (5 yards or so) but he was really out of breath. He commented on how hot it was in the lift, something which I (even having taken my first HOT-ROX of the day before setting out) didn’t feel at all.

This serves as the perfect example of why I’m doing this. To not be him.

Gym session went well:

Sumo deadlifts: 70kg for 40 reps with 45 seconds rest between sets.
Incline bench presses: 17.5kg (per dumbbell) for 40 reps with 45 seconds rest between sets.
Wide grip pulldowns: 40 setting for 40 reps with 45 seconds rest between sets.
Front plank: 45 seconds then 45 seconds rest then 30 seconds.

Also low intensity rotator cuff work:
Lying L-flyes: 5 kg for 10 reps each side followed by 8 reps each side with no rest.

Then I walked back to the office, had my Surge, waited 10 minutes, did 40 minutes NEPA walk, waited 10 minutes then had my next shake.

The front plank seemed hard and I didn’t manage as long as I would have liked, but other than that a good session.

Finished off the NEPA for day 5 with a 25 minute walk, for a total of 1 hour 5 minutes.

Things are still going well, and I’m looking forward to the HSM later today.

Very good day 6.

NEPA was 1 45 minute walk and 1 35 minute walk, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

HSM was: Steak, salad (beetroot, spinach, rocket, onion), boiled vegetables (cauliflower, carrot, broccoli), a very small portion of brown rice and 4 small strawberries.
It was delicious, I spent 40 minutes really savouring it, and afterwards I was really full. I’m feeling really strong now, and looking forward to the v-burn challenge tomorrow.

keeps it up man! the grind is just around the corner. :slight_smile: …push on through.

Another good day so far.
V-burn challenge took me 15mins 10 seconds and I recovered pretty quickly from it.

I’ve also noticed that my shoulder is in even better condition than when I started the V-Diet. It could just be another week of rehabilitation, or the combination of good protein and supplements with this particular training programme helping it. Either way I’m feeling good.

Start of day 8 and I’ve weighed and measured to get:

Weight: 169lbs
Waist: 35 inches
Belly (widest): 36inches
Chest: 39.75 inches
Right arm: 12.5 inches
Left arm: 12.25 inches
Right thigh: 23.75 inches
Left thigh 24 inches
Right calf: 15 inches
Left calf: 15.25 inches

Side

Back

Today’s training session:

Dumbbell Squat: 40kg for 40 reps for 40 seconds rest between sets.
Dumbbell Bench Press (neutral grip): 22.5kg (per dumbbell) for 40 reps with 40 seconds rest between sets.
Bent-over Dumbbell Row: 20kg (per dumbbell) for 40 reps with 40 seconds rest between sets.
Front Plank: 50 seconds then 40 seconds rest then 20 seconds.
Lying L-flyes: 5kg for 10 reps each side, then 5kg for 9 reps each side with no rest.