Biotest

Feeling Nauseous

ALSO CHRIS AS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU THAT THEY FEEL NAUSEOUS WHEN STARTING THE V-DIET CUZ THATS ME :frowning: IS THAT NORMAL ??

I just started too - and yes a little nauseous, but I believe it’s a ‘detox’ of sorts…after reading through many threads, I think this is pretty common and works itself out over time. I read the first week is always the hardest. Whenever you change up your habits…your body will respond at first, but it’ll adjust.

thanks melissa :slight_smile: the mint tea helps a bit :)))

Yeah, I just reached for my green tea too :slight_smile: I’m better now than I was this morning :slight_smile: I have no doubts I can do this! Hang in there - and good luck.

It’s very common, mainly from 1) decrease in caloric intake 2) detox 3) your body wants to stay fat.

Drink some unsweetened green tea and extra water. Stay strong for a week and you’ve got the 28 days in the bag.

Thnak you :slight_smile:

HAVE A FEW QUESTION

1. DO I NEED TO DRINK ALL 5 SHAKES ?
  2. WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DONT
  3. IS THE SURGE FOR AFTER WORK OUT OR AT BED TIME
    AND WHATS YOUR OPINION ON THE HOT RACKS DIDNT ORDER IT BUT CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT THEM LOL :)))

Another cause of nausea in some people is taking HOT-ROX on an empty stomach. This happens to me too. I just take it with a shake and it still speeds fat loss but there’s no nausea. Black tea does this too me too oddly.

Also, make sure your milled flax is indeed milled and stored in the fridge. If you’re not used to flax seed, use half of the required amount for a few days until you adjust.

Also, feel free to adjust the water or ice in your shakes to get the texture to your liking.

Aprilluv74: I answered your other questions in the other thread you started.

[quote]aprilluv74 wrote:
ALSO CHRIS AS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU THAT THEY FEEL NAUSEOUS WHEN STARTING THE V-DIET CUZ THATS ME :frowning: IS THAT NORMAL ??[/quote]

For me the nauseous feeling I got in the mornings when I started dry heaving was attributed to the withdraw effects from not eating gluten/wheat products. I don’t think it has to do with anything besides that. READ up on the withdraw symptoms of going gluten/wheat free.

[quote]igloo72 wrote:

For me the nauseous feeling I got in the mornings when I started dry heaving was attributed to the withdraw effects from not eating gluten/wheat products. I don’t think it has to do with anything besides that. READ up on the withdraw symptoms of going gluten/wheat free. [/quote]

That’s a very good observation. Withdrawal from wheat can take 3-5 days. For about 30% of the population, it can be a real drag.

I’m on day 3 of the V-Diet, and am extremely nauseous pretty much all day every day. I know it is not a gluten issue because I have been gluten/wheat free for over 6 months. I’ve also had a significant issue getting all of my shakes in. I feel too full and too sick on my work out days (especially after the recovery drink) to finish all the shakes.

The only thing I’ve found thus far that helps even a little is HCl with betaine pills. I take one about 5 minutes before my shake, and while it doesn’t completely get rid of the nausea, it does help quite a bit. I’ve also cut my water intake significantly so that I don’t feel so full. E.g. I don’t take any of the shakes with more than 10 oz of water. It also helps a bit

lmcfab: Cut you shakes back by 1 for the day if you’re too full. And cut the flax in half. Also make sure your nut butter and flax are kept in the fridge. Lastly, if taking HOT-ROX, take it with food instead of on an empty stomach.

What if you’re having problems week 2 with flax, but you didn’t have problems week one? I have a friend who is throwing up after drinking the flax shakes and can’t keep them down. Is there an alternative to just “sucking it up”?

First make sure your flax isn’t rancid. Most brands recommend storing it in the fridge.

I had one person who couldn’t use flax seed switch to unsweetened coconut flakes. This added some fiber and replaced some of the calories. Replaces some healthy fats too. May be worth a shot.