Biotest

Feedback on Supplement Routine?

After a fair amount of twisting/tweaking/torquing, I’ve got a shelf full of supplements and a 6x per day regimen. And while everything appears to be helping, it is a bit burdensome. I can and will continue doing what I’m doing if it appears to make sense, but I’m also open to the idea that I’ve simply gone off the deep end with supplements and that I can simplify my life by cutting back here and there.
Here’s my schedule…
5 AM

• Eat Finibar
  • Take Vyvanse (for ADHD)
  • Take B12 (bloodwork showed just under the bottom range even with supplementation)
  • Take 500mg Phosphatidylserine (helps with cortisol levels - which mine are too high)
  • Take 2x Biotest Alpha Male
  • Take 2x Biotest Rhodiola
  • Drink half a serving of Mag-10

5:30 AM

• Start sipping 1.3 scoops Plazma as I walk into the garage to start lifting and try to finish it by 6:30-6:35 AM

6:45 AM

• Finish workout and walk back into the house

6:55 AM

• Eat a piece of fruit, usually a medium-sized banana
  • Drink 1 scoop of Protein (~16g whey protein isolate & ~14g micellar casein) mixed with…
  • 2 scoops Collagen Hydrolysate
  • 2 scoops Biotest Micronized Creatine (10g)

7:45 AM

• finish the other half of the Mag-10

8:30-9:30 AM (approximate)

• eat breakfast

Noon - 1:30 (approximate, depends on the day)

• lunch

1-2 hours after lunch

• 2x Alpha Male
  • 2x Rhodiola
  • 2x ZMA

4 PM-ish

• Afternoon snack

6 PM-ish

• Dinner
  • Multivitamin
  • Fish Oil
  • Biotest Curcumin

9:30 PM

• Take 500mg Phosphatidylserine (helps with cortisol levels - which mine are too high)
  • Take Vitamin D3 (5000 IU)
  • Take Boron 2x 2mg each
  • Take 3x Rez-V
  • Take a melatonin (optional)
  • Drink 1 scoop of Protein (~16g whey protein isolate & ~14g micellar casein) mixed with…
  • 2 scoops Collagen Hydrolysate

That’s 18 different supplements with some of them being taken 2x per day. It’s kind of ridiculous.

My bloodwork shows that my Total T levels are less than optimal and my free T is low while my SHBG is far too high. Hence the Alpha Male, Rhodiola, Rez-V, Boron, ZMA, and Vitamin D.

So, again, I’m definitely willing to axe some of this stuff if it makes sense to do so. But, I’m also willing to continue as laid out here. Just looking for some advice…

Also, does anyone recommend the Finibar as an afternoon snack or should I just leave it for a pre-workout meal?

Thanks!
Jonathan

What is your actual current goal and priority? Fat loss, muscle building, increasing strength, etc. Supplements are great and can be effective, but you don’t need to use everything at the same time.

For example, a couple of things that stand out:

• The half-serving of Mag-10 before training isn’t doing a ton compared to the Plazma, which is much more specifically for training.

• You can drop the creatine serving to just 5g, not 10. It’s a much more standard dose and just as effective.

• The whey/micellar protein at 6:55 and then the Mag-10 at 7:45 is redundant. One or the other delivers a better hit of protein the body needs. I’d go with just a full serving of Mag-10 (since we removed the half-serving before training).

• The ZMA can be moved closer to bedtime instead of lunch since it can help with sleep.

The thing with removing some of the supps is that a lot of what you’re taking is what I’d consider “health supplements”, as opposed to more direct training boosters. B12, Phosphatidylserine, Alpha Male, Rhodiola, collagen, ZMA, the multivitamin, fish oil, Curcumin, D3, Boron, and melatonin.

So like, you can absolutely drop some of those depending on how much you believe/feel they’re doing what you need them to do. Try focusing on bang for the buck instead of trying to treat everything specifically. For example, have you noticed a difference using the Phosphatidylserine, either by how you feel or by checking cortisol levels? Do your joints feel better with the collagen compared to without it? Can you do a B12 shot instead of daily supplementation? That type of approach.

Are you testing your bloodwork every few months to monitor changes? You can eliminate some of these and pare down to track what’s most effective for you. I’d probably keep, in order of priority: Alpha Male, Vitamin D, Rez-V, ZMA, Rhodiola, Boron

The melatonin, like you said, is take it or leave it. Some people notice a benefit, others don’t. Like I said, if you move the ZMA towards bedtime, that can help with sleep and would make the melatonin more unnecessary.

Since you’re training at the asscrack of dawn, it’s perfect for pre-workout since it’s designed to digest very easily.