Biotest

Favorite Shake Recipes

Perhaps Chris can make this a “sticky”. I got some of these ideas from another V-Diet success and LOVE the first one on my list best!
EVERYONE CHIME IN AND GIVE US YOUR CREATIVE IDEAS!
~variety is the spice of life~

1. 1-scoop banana cream Metabolic Drive
    1-scoop vanilla Metabolic Drive
    1/2 tsp. instant decaf coffee
    couple drops vanilla extract

2. 2-scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive
    1 tsp. instant decaf coffee
    few drops hazelnut extract

the above two are my favorites and I have them everyday. #1 for breakfast and #2 for dinner.

1. 1 scoop strawberry Metabolic Drive
    1 scoop vanilla Metabolic Drive
    few drops almond extract

2. 2-scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive
    couple drops orange extract

**another Summer idea
During the summer I LOVE making Crystal Lite popsicles and the Metabolic Drive makes great pudding pops. I use one scoop for my shake and one scoop for a couple of pudding pops. I remember in Chris’s blog he wrote about a 30calorie treat…mix Metabolic Drive with water, ice and crystal lite for a slushy icecream effect.

Tips for Newbies... Add Yours!

It’s amazing how small, non-caloric additions can change the taste and texture of a V-Diet shake. The password, of course, is non-caloric. You don’t want to add in extra calories. On that note:

1. Manipulate ice and water amount. Makes a huge difference. During my V-Diet I’d always make my last shake of the day super thick with lots of ice and very little water. I’d eat it with a spoon. It was nice to use utensils at least once per day.

2. Cinnamon. Good for you, too.

3. Apple pie or pumpkin pie spice blends.

4. Peppermint extract in vanilla shake.

Note: I did my whole V-Diet and later experimentations with only chocolate and vanilla. The other Metabolic Drive flavors weren’t available back when I formulated the diet. Today’s V-Dieters have a lot more options.

I walked to school in the snow too. Uphill. Both ways. Fighting off coyotes. And el chupacabra once. But that’s another story…

great suggestions guys thanks!

Thanks so much for your additional input, Chris.

I bought licorice extract (anise) and want to try that in my vanilla shake as I am a HUGE black licorice fan.

I love the idea of peppermint in my vanilla flavor. I haven’t found the apple pie spice blen yet but I do have the pumpkin pie one and it is GREAT.

Peppermint in my morning shake with Chocolate Metabolic Drive & flax…kind of like a Mint Chocolate Chip milkshake!

el chupacabra… that’s just wrong :slight_smile:

so as I’ve said I’ve started this and lasted 2 days a couple times before; just restocked all of my Metabolic Drive, Surge, and supplements - taking large amounts of a no-name fish oil for the next couple days until my extra tub of Surge and Flameouts get here; but I’m adjusted for calories until then… I just had:

2 scoops Orange Cream
two shakes ground ginger
2 drops orange extract
a few shakes Allspice

Yes, allspice - dunno why I like it. This reminded me so much like an Orange Julius I’m almost upset I got more Vanilla than Orange this time. I’m terrible with pictures and measurements - no real support here - but I’m on day 4 this time and think I broke the hurdle finally! - so I may actually start a thread this time.

Hey thanks everyone. I was looking for some ideas to get out of the bordom of just chocolate and vanilla. I figure these are still the two most versatile. I guess I am always afraid to mix something and can’t stand it and dumping it down the drain. Don’t want to waste the product and money is tight.

fitnesslady

Check out Davinci’s syrup site. Blueberry syrup in Vanilla or Strawberry shakes is very good. Just watch out as a couple of the their sugar free syrups have calories.

Next on my list to order… PANCAKE SYRUP?!

:slight_smile:

GREAT INPUT everyone! Here’s another idea:

Diet Orange pop
2 scoops Vanilla Metabolic Drive

walla!!! you have a creamsicle. tastes great!

or

Diet Rootbeer
2 scoops Vanilla Metabolic Drive and

((((drum roll please)))
rootbeer FLOAT!

Does anyone else have their favorite recipe to share? and where in Canada could I find ‘Apple Pie Spice Mix’?

here’s the do-it-yourself version:

* 4 parts ground cinnamon
* 2 parts ground nutmeg
* 1 part ground cardamom

man, the orange creamsicle thing sounds great.

[quote]downwardog wrote:
here’s the do-it-yourself version:

* 4 parts ground cinnamon
* 2 parts ground nutmeg
* 1 part ground cardamom

man, the orange creamsicle thing sounds great.
[/quote]

Thanks so much for that great spice mix!

I pretty much live on crystal lite popsicles right now. More for the variety of texture it provides
and they are fun!

btw, my favorite recipe is still the first one you posted and concocted:
the one with vanilla, banana pp and instant coffee…it tastes just like a cheat drink from Starbucks!!! what a great way to start or end my day…OR BOTH!

2 scoops choc
coconut extract
2 tbsp milled flax=

german choco goodness

WOW!!!gonna try that one.

The bannana and orange cream flavors I wasn’t too fond of at first but adding a little spice to them (and blending them not just shaking in a shaker cup!) has been very helpful.

I have been told to be careful with nutmeg as it can have a slightly intoxicating effect, though I haven’t seen any real research or evidence to that effect… I honestly think maybe they had nutmeg in their spiked eggnog :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow sweet shakes, I don’t workout enough to merit shakes…YET!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
It’s amazing how small, non-caloric additions can change the taste and texture of a V-Diet shake. The password, of course, is non-caloric. You don’t want to add in extra calories. On that note:

1. Manipulate ice and water amount. Makes a huge difference. During my V-Diet I’d always make my last shake of the day super thick with lots of ice and very little water. I’d eat it with a spoon. It was nice to use utensils at least once per day.
    [/quote]

This is what made me fail the first two times I started - I was just shaking the shakes and flax together and slugging them down. This time has been so much better I had super thick chocolate yesterday morning and sat down to breakfast with my whole family eating what amounted to ice cream; my kids kept getting bites from me :slight_smile:

I’m going downstairs from my office now to politely ask my spouse to buy me some almond and peppermint extracts - I don’t care for peppermint usually but I’m going to give it a try.

[quote]Steve8867 wrote:
Wow sweet shakes, I don’t workout enough to merit shakes…YET![/quote]

i will drinks your shakes!!

[quote]krinsh wrote:
I have been told to be careful with nutmeg as it can have a slightly intoxicating effect, though I haven’t seen any real research or evidence to that effect… I honestly think maybe they had nutmeg in their spiked eggnog :P[/quote]

OMG! you are hillarious! and I think you hit the nail on the head…

[quote]bodyfx wrote:
2) 2-scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive
1 tsp. instant decaf coffee
few drops hazelnut extract
[/quote]

I tried this today, but the instant coffee crystals didn’t dissolve all the way. Any tips? Do you mix them with hot water first? Thanks!