Biotest

Favorite Metabolic Drive Shake Recipes

We get questions about this a lot, so let’s put some recipes here. My current favorite:

1. Take your leftover coffee and freeze it in an ice cube tray.

2. Blend up a <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-low-carb"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive shake: 1 scoop chocolate, 1 scoop vanilla. Instead of using water, use almond milk.

3. Add coffee-cubes and a little organic heavy cream. Dash the top with cinnamon if you’d like and find a straw.

Options:

Instant coffee or espresso powder will do the trick too, but it’s summer now and the coffee-cubes are nice. Also, if you don’t have almond milk it still works great with water.

What’s your favorite Metabolic Drive shake recipe?

Coffee cubes… damn you Chris, damn you. Why have I never thought of this idea.

My favorite has to be…

1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 cup frozen organic blueberries
1 scoop vanilla Metabolic Drive
1 scoop Biotest BCAA’s
2 tbsp organic peanut butter
1 tbsp organic chia seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 handfuls organic spinach

This shake not only tastes amazing, but it is full of awesome, puts hair on your chest and could potentially put an end to world hunger! That’s one hell of a shake my friends!

Has anyone tried cashew milk?

[quote]Bullyson wrote:
Has anyone tried cashew milk?[/quote]

Haven’t seen that yet. I tried coconut and almond-coconut milk but didn’t like it. Even though it wasn’t artificially flavored coconut, it reminded of that fakey blue snow cone flavor we had as kids.

[quote]American Muscle wrote:
My favorite has to be…

1 cup vanilla almond milk
1 cup frozen organic blueberries
1 scoop vanilla Metabolic Drive
1 scoop Biotest BCAA’s
2 tbsp organic peanut butter
1 tbsp organic chia seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 handfuls organic spinach

This shake not only tastes amazing, but it is full of awesome, puts hair on your chest and could potentially put an end to world hunger! That’s one hell of a shake my friends!
[/quote]

That’s a powerhouse shake right there! I never got into the habit of adding greens to shakes myself. I just use <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/superfood"target=“new”>Superfood when I want that. I think it was coach Chad Waterbury who’d blend broccoli and spinach into his Metabolic Drive. He loved it.

I haven’t had a solid MD shake in a while, mmm.

I’d have to go with

Vanilla MD
Fresh ground penzy’s cinnamon
Sugar Free Toffee flavoring
Almond milk
Ice Cubes

Blend

Awesome recipe Chris.

Forgot the leftover coffee, I’m making a whole pot just to freeze! Lol.

1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla Metabolic Drive with almond milk
2-3 tablespoons lime juice
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
Tastes like filling to lemon meringue pie

Coconut Blueberry Smoothie

This one is great for breakfast on a hot summer morning.

1. Two scoops <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-low-carb"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive vanilla and 1 serving of <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/superfood"target=“new”>Superfood blended into about a quarter of the water you’d normally use. You want this one thick.

2. Blend in FROZEN blueberries. (I never measure amounts, just dump them in.)

3. Stir in unsweetened coconut flakes. You’ll have to get these from a health food store. I’ve never seen the unsweetened kind at a regular grocer.

4. Top with a few more whole blueberries.

5. Eat with a spoon.

Options

1. Replace frozen blueberries with any other frozen fruit: strawberries, pineapple, mangos, a variety blend etc.

2. Add about a tablespoon of high quality coconut oil when blending. The better the quality the better it’ll taste, so if you get a chunk of coconut oil it’ll be enjoyable.

High-Protein Goop

Not a shake, but a great use for <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-low-carb"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive.

Ingredients

1 scoop Metabolic Drive, Low Carb
1 tablespoon of coconut flour
Splash or two of either heavy cream (or almond milk for a “lite” version)

Directions

Stir everything together and eat it. That’s it.

Tip

Use just enough cream or almond milk to form a paste. Use more or less depending on the thickness desired. Less for cake frosting, more for pancake topper.

Variations:

Add a splash of Da Vinci peanut butter flavored syrup, or any flavor you want. (This is what I did with the batch you see here in the pics, hence the tan coloring.)

Use chocolate, vanilla, banana cream or strawberry Metabolic Drive for tons of flavor options.

This may be the most decadent, yet completely healthy thing, I’ve ever made.

Excellent idea for mug cake frosting…

Cherry-Vanilla Shake.
(not the most creative, but it’s good for a change of pace and satisfies a sweet tooth.)

Blend:
7 scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive.
~50 oz water (1500 ml … or a 3/4th the big jug)
1/2 capful high quality vanilla extract
handful of frozen cherries
2 heaping scoops of luciene
2 scoops super food
1 scoop of creatine malate. (adds surprising tangy flavor)
Fill the rest with ice.

(If blender doesn’t hold all that, shake up the Metabolic Drive and 40 oz of water, then blend 10 oz of water and the rest of the ingredients and add it to the rest)

Makes 3 servings (10:00, 1:00 and 4:00) for while I’m at work.

My version of the one Chris posted at the beginning of this thread.

I made 3 shots of Espresso yesterday and put in my 500ml nalgene bottle which I left in the freezer (notice the dark side of bottle). I forgot about it. When I pulled the bottle out this morning to poor into my shaker cup, SURPRISE it wasn’t going to pour. LOL

So I added:

Unsweetened Almond Milk
2-scoops of Chocolate Metabolic Drive
1 Tablespoon Bulletproof MCT oil

After shaking the drink was still really thick…added some water. Doesn’t take long for the espresso to melt…remember I am in Hawaii…kind of HOT here.

OH YEAH!!! This is sweet goodness all around!

Mahalo Biotest/T-Nation and Tim Patterson. You make eating healthy so easy and very TASTY!

Not a shake but I love just throwing a scoop of the chocolate into a bowl of oatmeal, sliced apples and almond butter. Quite simple but tastes and smells delicious.

[quote]money24 wrote:
Not a shake but I love just throwing a scoop of the chocolate into a bowl of oatmeal, sliced apples and almond butter. Quite simple but tastes and smells delicious.[/quote]

That sounds great. I don’t think I’ve had a bowl of oatmeal without Metabolic Drive in years. Beats those flavored oatmeal packets and 10X as supportive for our gym goals.

my favorite shake right now is

1/2 scoop banna Metabolic Drive
1/2 scoop Strawberry Metabolic Drive
1 banna
5 strawberries
1/4 cup blue berries
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4-1/2 cup motts apple juice (depends on how sweet you want the shake) i prefer 1/4 cup
1/2 cup cubed ice (4-5 cubes)

and blend

its a big filling and satisfying shake with a good amount of mixed protein and good amount of carbs and taste fucking delicious and the thickness is brought by the egg whites…

2 scoops Vanilla MD
1 Banana
Lots of cinnamon
1/2 Cup of oats
2 TBSP of almond butter
2 TBSP of Hemp Seeds

This is my go to breakfast on non training days, or my halfway through work shake. It seems really simple but i love the combo of banana and cinnamon, it never gets old to me.

Orange Creamsicle

Ingredients:

2 Servings Metabolic Drive, vanilla
16 oz. Unsweetened plain or vanilla almond milk or water
1 capful Biotest Intensified Liquid Favoring System, orange (<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/intensified-flavors"target=“new”>Intensified Flavors here)
One-half cup plain Greek yogurt
Handful of ice

Directions:

Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy.

Option:
Leave out the ice and blend the other ingredients. Freeze in popsicle molds.

16oz Water - Ice Cold
2 Scoops Vanilla Metabolic Drive
Dash of Biotest Intensified Liquid Favoring System, Lemon
1/2 tsp of MCT Oil

OH YEAH!!!