Biotest

Fat Guy Getting Some Velocity

So, yes, I’m fat. Clinically Obese. I have high blood pressure, high triglycerides, and I am a type 2 diabetic. I take medications to treat all my obesity related ailments, but I honestly don’t know how long I have to live. It’s not like I’m at deaths door or anything, but my family history tells me I have about 10 years left unless I change my life.

I am one of those fat guys that can tell you everything you need to know about fitness and weight loss, as I’ve reviewed and tried countless programs. I got turned onto lifting iron in high school and reading M & F AND MuscleMag. Then I graduated to Muscle Media and even stuck with the mag when they changed their name to Muscle Media 2000. I loved trying out new programs in my home gym that my brother and I set up. We loved lifting, and I got big. Then I started working for a living and partying too much and I got big, but in a bad way. This isn’t an excuse, but just what happened.

Now its 20 years later. I’m 40 and fat and dying. My dad died at 55 because he was overweight, as did my uncle, as did my Grandfather. Can I change my apparent fate?

I’m so pissed at myself for letting things get so out of control. I’m officially a statistic and a symbol for the national epidemic of our country and it drives me crazy. I let myself become a cog in the engine that is corporate america, which advocates one to live to work instead of working to live. Again, not an excuse, but a reality I see everyday of folks simply going through the motion of their daily lives without passion or planning.

Simply waiting for retirement and hoping that they can finally live when they get there. I saw Shawshank Redemption for the umpteenth time last week and a quote from that movie has been ringing in my ears ever since. “It comes down to a simply choice really. Get busy living, or get busy dying.”

So I am going to get busy living. Part of that was to look up an old freind which is the T-Nation. The last time I was here was when the forum was just getting set up. A far cry from what it is today. I actually had some success on the T-Dawg diet and see some similarities between it and the Velocity Plan. The first step is to start planning. I plan on ordering the supplements and shakes and shopping for the other items not sold by Biotest, and then beginning the program that following Monday. I figure with shipping that I would probably begin full throttle on 7/23/12.

Some of you reading this may think I shouldn’t embark on a program like Velocity, but I agree with the sentiment that you have to shock your system into action to get results, and that is what I intend to do. I’m going to post my before pictures soon, which will be embarrassing, but should be a good motivation. Until next time…

Glad you’ve decided to do something about it.

What are your stats? Weight, height etc?