Biotest

Fast, Easy Rice Pudding

This is my go-to meal when I’m cramped for time or need to take a meal with me to work or for travel.

1. Pre-cook some rice. Jasmine is best for this recipe. A dedicated rice cooker is a great investment. $14 at Walmart, cooks it perfectly every time and shuts it off when it’s done. Takes only 13-14 minutes.

2. Place however much rice you want in a storage container. I use a stainless model called a LunchBot.

3. Top with Metabolic Drive. Use Low Carb or Muscle Growth Formula, whatever suits your dietary needs. Grow! Whey will work too. You can find all those here: http://www.t-nation.com/store/supplements/

4. If using vanilla Metabolic Drive, I like to add a ton of cinnamon, but use what you like. Apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice, which come in little pre-mixed containers in the spice section of any grocery store, work well too. Or use chocolate protein powder and add PB2 (powdered, defatted peanut butter.) Use however much you need for your goals.

5. Store in fridge. When you’re ready to eat it, add a small amount of water or unsweetened almond milk and stir. Don’t overdo the water. It’ll require less than you think once you start stirring. Ice cold water is best.

6. Eat, enjoy, thank me later.

Closer look at the LunchBot. I have two of these. Very handy. And no worries about eating plastic.

And here it is before adding water or almond milk.

About how much rice/protein powder would you say you use on average? Just looking for a ballpark figure to not overdo it the first time.

Thanks.

I suppose it’s about two cups of cooked rice. I use 2-3 scoops of Metabolic Drive.

Note: If you’re going to eat it the same day you make it up, you can add the water early then refrigerate. Works well, and actually soaks up any excess water.