Biotest

Fajitas. Now With Abs!

I loooove Mexican food but so much of it is pure garbage. That’s why I took it upon myself to come up with a better way to enjoy some occasional Mexican food without feeling like crap the next day!

Xab’s Physique-Enhancing Fajitas

Ingredients:

1 large flank steak. A pound works well to feed 3-4 people.
2 medium yellow onions
2 green bell peppers (or whatever color you want)
2 jalapenos, diced
A squirt of lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of cumin/turemic
One bunch of cilantro, diced

Start a few hours early by tossing the thawed flank steak in a bag with the lime juice, turemic, cilantro, and jalapenos. Let it marinate for at least an hour, but more is better.

When you’re ready to get cookin’, grab a wok or other large pan and put it on medium-low heat and toss that flank steak in, juices and all. Flank steaks cook quickly, so turn it over every few minutes.

While you’re waiting for the steak to cook, grab your onions and bell peppers, and peel/core them. For the onions, you’ll want to cut them in half at the roots on the bottom of the onion. Then put it on its flat side and make cuts so that you end up with long thin strips of onion. Cut those in thirds. Cut your bell peppers in strips as well, then cut those in thirds.

When the steak starts to feel firm throughout, pop it out onto a cutting board and make a small slice in the center to be sure it’s cooked well enough. It usually takes me 8 minutes.

Put the veggies in the pan and turn the heat up to medium-high.

While the veggies are cooking, grab a sharp knife and slice the steak. Instead of going straight up and down, try slanting the knife. It’s a lot easier to get thinner strips of steak like this. Then cut them into more manageable chunks. Steak’s ready!

Now, all you need to do is flip the veggies often. When the onions start to become somewhat clear, they’re ready. Toss the steak in, mix them up, and turn it down to simmer.

Serve it with some of Shugart’s own Hellfire Guac, salsa, or low-fat sour cream. Just don’t put any tortillas in your shopping cart! We have society now, and that has brought along with it forks. Use one!

You can also do chicken fajitas with a few chicken breasts marinated the same way, but I prefer flank steak because it’s pretty cheap and very tasty when done right.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/6/4/642ea_ORIG-drool_for_sale.jpg

[quote]Xab wrote:
I loooove Mexican food but so much of it is pure garbage. That’s why I took it upon myself to come up with a better way to enjoy some occasional Mexican food without feeling like crap the next day!

Xab’s Physique-Enhancing Fajitas

Ingredients:

1 large flank steak. A pound works well to feed 3-4 people.
2 medium yellow onions
2 green bell peppers (or whatever color you want)
2 jalapenos, diced
A squirt of lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of cumin/turemic
One bunch of cilantro, diced

Start a few hours early by tossing the thawed flank steak in a bag with the lime juice, turemic, cilantro, and jalapenos. Let it marinate for at least an hour, but more is better.

When you’re ready to get cookin’, grab a wok or other large pan and put it on medium-low heat and toss that flank steak in, juices and all. Flank steaks cook quickly, so turn it over every few minutes.

While you’re waiting for the steak to cook, grab your onions and bell peppers, and peel/core them. For the onions, you’ll want to cut them in half at the roots on the bottom of the onion. Then put it on its flat side and make cuts so that you end up with long thin strips of onion. Cut those in thirds. Cut your bell peppers in strips as well, then cut those in thirds.

When the steak starts to feel firm throughout, pop it out onto a cutting board and make a small slice in the center to be sure it’s cooked well enough. It usually takes me 8 minutes.

Put the veggies in the pan and turn the heat up to medium-high.

While the veggies are cooking, grab a sharp knife and slice the steak. Instead of going straight up and down, try slanting the knife. It’s a lot easier to get thinner strips of steak like this. Then cut them into more manageable chunks. Steak’s ready!

Now, all you need to do is flip the veggies often. When the onions start to become somewhat clear, they’re ready. Toss the steak in, mix them up, and turn it down to simmer.

Serve it with some of Shugart’s own Hellfire Guac, salsa, or low-fat sour cream. Just don’t put any tortillas in your shopping cart! We have society now, and that has brought along with it forks. Use one!

You can also do chicken fajitas with a few chicken breasts marinated the same way, but I prefer flank steak because it’s pretty cheap and very tasty when done right. [/quote]