Biotest

Fainting During the V-Diet


#1

Just about 30 minutes ago, I got up out of my chair to take a piss and I noticed that my vision was getting dark and blurry. A second later I just collapsed on my kitchen floor. I am getting all the nutrients and calories so what the hell is up with this?

It’s a feeling like my blood pressure is dangerously low.


#2

Are you using the correct Biotest supplements? The only time I ever experienced anything like this was after a set of squats on the V-Diet, although I just sat down and it went away.

If everything is done correctly with the proper supplements, I have no idea what would cause this.


#3

Yeah. I have no idea what is going on. It’s like this pretty much every time I get up unless I sit down quickly again.


#4

[quote]wecndo wrote:
Yeah. I have no idea what is going on. It’s like this pretty much every time I get up unless I sit down quickly again.[/quote]

Post how many shakes you’ve taken etc.


#5

Started at 170 lbs this Monday.

7 servings (1 scoop) of Metabolic Drive Vanilla
3 servings of milled flax seed
2 servings natty pb

That’s it in the way of solid foods, but I have taken all the necessary supplements and about 12 BCAA a day on top of that.


#6

Well the food isn’t actually solid, so that’s all in the way of “nutrients.”


#7

Yikes. I had to gag down 6 shakes. I’m sorry, but I have no idea why you’d be fainting.

Have you ever stood up to fast and almost passed out before?


#8

I know the feeling of what it’s like, but I had never actually passed out. It’s happened a couple of times today as well, which has never happened before either.

Just hope it doesn’t happen during my workout tomorrow nervous laugh.


#9

[quote]wecndo wrote:
I know the feeling of what it’s like, but I had never actually passed out. It’s happened a couple of times today as well, which has never happened before either.

Just hope it doesn’t happen during my workout tomorrow nervous laugh.[/quote]


#10

I think I found a good solution…

add a little SALT to the shakes. I hadn’t even realized how low my intake was compared to most days


#11

I actually ate salt randomly throughout the V-Diet because I figured it couldn’t hurt as sodium was low, wonder if this prevented fainting attacks for me.


#12

I had the same experience before. I didn’t faint but sensation of blacking out, whenever I got up fast. Solution: don’t get up fast.


#13

A truly profound statement. I’ll work on it.


#14

[quote]wecndo wrote:
Just about 30 minutes ago, I got up out of my chair to take a piss and I noticed that my vision was getting dark and blurry. A second later I just collapsed on my kitchen floor. I am getting all the nutrients and calories so what the hell is up with this?

It’s a feeling like my blood pressure is dangerously low.[/quote]

I often experience the same when I’m on low carb diets. But comsuming extra salt and koffein pills helps on it :slight_smile:


#15

It does sound stupid, but it really might just be that you got up too fast… I’ve never actually fainted but some people actually do this on purpose.

It’s called POOPing aka Passing Out On Purpose. You breathe heavily while squatting down, then stand up quickly. You pass out and I guess get some sort of “high.” Never tried it and never will.

Anyway, I agree that it most likely has nothing to do with the v-diet and more to do with getting up too fast.


#16

Getting up fast…sure. But the chance of it occuring does increase when you’re low on carbs and you’re not used to it.


#17

#18

#19