Biotest

FA3 on the V-Diet?

Chris,

I’m prepping for my first V-Diet. I have plenty of FA3 from my last Biotest order and I was wondering if it would be OK to include some in my first V-Diet.

I’m a big proponent of doing other people’s plans exactly as prescribed, but FA3 is such a damn good product that I feel like I should really ask before excluding it for 4 weeks.

Other than that, I look forward to starting this sucker soon!

FA3 is great stuff, no doubt.

Here’s my suggestion: Add FA3 and cut out the natural peanut butter. Or, add some FA3 and cut out half the PB. You get the idea.

If I were writing the V-Diet, this is something I’d probably do anyway.

Keep us posted!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Here’s my suggestion: Add FA3 and cut out the natural peanut butter. Or, add some FA3 and cut out half the PB. You get the idea.

Keep us posted!

[/quote]

Should I then be trying to balance it so that I’m getting the same total number of fat cals between the two?

[quote]Xab wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Keep us posted!

[/quote]

Should I then be trying to balance it so that I’m getting the same total number of fat cals between the two? [/quote]

You can take up to 12 FA3 capsules per day, preferably split into three doses. That max dose of 12 is 87 cals per day.

You can probably go higher than that with the V-Diet, given the fat content is pretty low not counting the supplemental fatty acids. So, sure, keep calories in mind, but “ballpark” is fine.

The only real advantage of the nut butter over capsules is that people just enjoy it a lot with their last shake of the day.

One other thing -

I used to have a lot of gut issues, but when I added glutamine to my post workout mix, it greatly increased recovery and gut health. I was about to start using it regardless, but since it is an AA, it does technically have calories. So I’m not sure. Should I continue to use glutamine?

[quote]Xab wrote:
One other thing -

I used to have a lot of gut issues, but when I added glutamine to my post workout mix, it greatly increased recovery and gut health. I was about to start using it regardless, but since it is an AA, it does technically have calories. So I’m not sure. Should I continue to use glutamine?[/quote]

If you think it works it’s fine, though cals should be minimal if it’s the pure supp. Basically, make sure it’s not something jacked with sugar and other stuff and you’re good to go.

Instead of starting a new thread, I’ll just ask here:

Since I’m wanting to start on a Thursday, how should I shift my workouts? Do the usual Friday one on Friday and bump the rest back accordingly, or do Mondays on Friday and keep it like that?

Or should I wait until Monday to begin? (Don’t say to do this!)

[quote]Xab wrote:
Instead of starting a new thread, I’ll just ask here:

Since I’m wanting to start on a Thursday, how should I shift my workouts? Do the usual Friday one on Friday and bump the rest back accordingly, or do Mondays on Friday and keep it like that?

Or should I wait until Monday to begin? (Don’t say to do this!)[/quote]

Ouch, that’s too much like math. My brain can’t process it!

Seriously, it’s up to you. Just think of the V-Diet workouts as Workout 1, 2, & 3 plus V-Burn Challenge, rather than Monday, Wednesday, etc.

As long as you follow the guidelines - 3 days per week weights, not back to back, etc. you’ll be fine.