Biotest

Ezekiel Bread and Cereal

Chris,

This may have been brought up before, sorry if I missed it. What is your opinion on Ezekiel bread and cereal as a carb source? I know its not gluten free and you don’t mention it in your Basic Carb Guide, but do you think it is an acceptable source of carbs?

Thanks

No, not if you believe that wheat is bad news. (See the book Wheat Belly for all the info and draw your own conclusions.) While it fixes a few problems with bread, it should still be avoided. Luckily, you can buy rice-based breads and almond-flour based breads and pastas. These are a much better choice. Most of the time you find them sold frozen in health food stores, but even Walmarts are started to carry them.

Thanks Chris.

I was always under the impression that some people were ok with eating wheat products while some people have to totally stay away from it. Does everyone have problems with wheat? I know when I eat wheat products I feel fine afterwards. Are there specific symptoms to look for if you are allergic to wheat?

I will have to pick up a copy of Wheat Belly.

It’s not an allergy for most people, and there is a difference between a regular person and a true celiac. A non-celiac doesn’t have to panic if he gets a little gluten here and there, but most people do better avoiding it.

However, everyone is negatively effected, just to a different extent. For example, you don’t have to have an intolerance or an allergy to get the affects of the exorphins, which trigger cravings and overeating. It’s an appetite stimulant basically. The effects on the brain, all very negative, are well documented.

Here’s a good summary that takes about 15 minutes to read.http://thehealingproject.us/2012/09/22/book-summary-wheat-belly-by-william-davis-md/

The author of that book is too down on carbs in my opinion. Hard trainers need carbs. But he’s right about one source of carbs: wheat. But it’s easy enough to avoid or minimize.

Thanks Chris… I have already ordered the audio version of Wheat Belly and I am on the second chapter. Very interesting information by Dr. Davis. I never realized all the negative affects that wheat and gluten can cause even if you are not allergic to them. I will now strive to eliminate all forms of wheat and gluten out of my diet and see how my body reacts.

I have always had that little bit of excess fat around my waist no matter how good my diet was and how much training I did. I now wonder if this is caused by the wheat and gluten that was in my diet?

With that being said, do you think Indigo would also help with my quest to get rid of this excess fat that only seems to accumulate around my waist?

About 30% of people experience withdrawal symptoms when they get rid of wheat since it targets the opiate receptors. Only takes about 4-5 days to get over it though. I doubt you’ll experience that. That mainly applies to heavy daily bread/pasta/cookie eaters.

[quote]Blaiser wrote:
I have always had that little bit of excess fat around my waist no matter how good my diet was and how much training I did. I now wonder if this is caused by the wheat and gluten that was in my diet? With that being said, do you think Indigo would also help with my quest to get rid of this excess fat that only seems to accumulate around my waist? [/quote]

That a very powerful and effect combo: Indigo-3G and better carb choices. Probably just what you need to finally zap the trouble spots, and repartition the cleaner carbs toward muscle gains instead of fat storage. That’s been my favorite part of Indigo: being ABLE to eat plenty of carbs again and build muscle instead of just gaining fat. I just increased the non-wheat carbs.

I may have shot you this before, but here’s a good carb selection guide for Indigo users: <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1617"target=“new”>Indigo Carb Guide

I believe the only wheat containing products I eat are (or should I say was) Ezekiel products. I will occasionally have a cheat meal which will contain wheat (bread, pizza, etc).

I will have to give Indigo a try. I am waiting for CTs new layer program to come out so I can decide if I want to purchase the Plazma stack with Indigo or just purchase Indigo on its own.