Biotest

Extra Single-Joint Exercises

I know this program is very specific and all works together but I am finding that since I do my three weight workouts in the morning before work that I have extra time on my hands at night, which is a miracle since I have a 4, 3 and 2 year old, and that ideal time leads to temptation. I was wondering if it was ok to do a little extra workout in the evening concentrating on single joint movements such as bicep curls or even a bit more ab work?

Anyone?

[quote]bookem wrote:
I know this program is very specific and all works together but I am finding that since I do my three weight workouts in the morning before work that I have extra time on my hands at night, which is a miracle since I have a 4, 3 and 2 year old, and that ideal time leads to temptation. I was wondering if it was ok to do a little extra workout in the evening concentrating on single joint movements such as bicep curls or even a bit more ab work?

Anyone?[/quote]

You can try it, but keep the volume low. Remember, you’re in a calorie-deprived state, so don’t push recovery. Also, do NOT add extra post-training Surge in the evening workout.

In the end I think it’s unnecessary and maybe even risky, but I understand the “extra time” temptations. A better plan is to do foam rolling or take an extra NEPA walk during those times. Still beneficial, no risk of overtraining, burn out, or muscle loss.

Thanks Chris. I will follow your direction.