Biotest

Every Other Day

Okay, so obviously this wouldn’t be the V-Diet, but here’s my idea:

I know I can last one day on the V-Diet because I have. How much of a benefit do you think one would derive from doing the strict V-Diet one day on, then eating whatever HSM’s they wanted the next day, and repeating this for 56 days (so that you’ve done 28 TOTAL days of the V-Diet plan)?

My initial guess is a 50% loss of fat is the best that can be hoped for, as compared to what one would have lost on the real V-Diet (= 100%). This is assuming one does not eat more than they normally would on their “off” (all solid meal) days in an effort to “make up” for lost calories the previous days. However, I don’t think this would be a problem, for me at least, since the shakes made me feel so full in the first place.

I know I would derive some benefit from this approach, by gaining lean muscle, since I don’t take in enough protein on an average day.

So, my main question is, would the reduced calories and carbs on the “on” days facilitate any fat loss, or would the “off” days counter any progress?

To be clear, I believe the V-Diet works, but I’m toying with this idea for my particular needs.

This is just supplementing a normal diet with protein shakes.

It ignores the entire idea behind the mental change that comes with the V-Diet.

Your ‘particular needs’ seem to be the need to not be strict with yourself and not to exert willpower.

so to answer your question.

you would benefit from it because:

1. presuming you didnt go mental on junk food on food days, yould end up being ina calorie deficit overall and creep your way towards fat loss goals.

2. you would get more protein than your normal diet alone ?

You would lose out because:

1. you get to spend the time and effort and money on the V-Diet, without its serious fat loss results
  2. you havent effected lasting change to your attitudes to food as noted by previous V-Diet graduates.

How about a V-Diet “Lite”, as discussed in the FAQ:

Meal 1: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive shake
Meal 2: Healthy solid meal
Meal 3: Healthy snack
Meal 4: Healthy solid meal
Meal 5: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive shake

You won’t get the benefits or super fast results of the V-Diet, but it’s an easy enough way to shed a few pounds.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
How about a V-Diet “Lite”, as discussed in the FAQ:

Meal 1: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive shake
Meal 2: Healthy solid meal
Meal 3: Healthy snack
Meal 4: Healthy solid meal
Meal 5: Low-Carb Metabolic Drive shake

You won’t get the benefits or super fast results of the V-Diet, but it’s an easy enough way to shed a few pounds.

[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for the thought, maybe.

However, what do you think the benefits of my idea vs. the V-Diet “Lite” would be? Clearly there would have to be at least a few pounds of fat loss with one day on/off.

Dear Dorothy Dix,

Thank you for the new diet plan which will cut about 20lb of useless fat off my ass. I know it works because I have seen all the people who have succeeded on your forum.

However, I don’t want to put in the effort to get the results so want to do it half assed.

Will this work.

Signed,
Fence Sitter.