Biotest

Errico's V-Diet Log!

Ummm, just recieved my order today.

Going to start the V-Diet on MONDAY!

I’m totally unprepared. Any suggestions as to what I should do over the weekend? nothing. ok.

Why are you waiting until Monday? Just askin’

Be sure to read the Cool Tips and FAQ and stickied topics in the forum. Might want to play with the workouts a little, test out new exercises, make sure you understand the training program, etc. Get your weight and tape measurements too, buy your milled flax and natural PB, etc.

Keep us updated.

[quote]Icarus wrote:
Why are you waiting until Monday? Just askin’[/quote]

I don’t know. Mon, Wed, Fri sounded good for the workouts and I’ll pick Sat or Sun for the V-Burn challenge.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Be sure to read the Cool Tips and FAQ and stickied topics in the forum. Might want to play with the workouts a little, test out new exercises, make sure you understand the training program, etc. Get your weight and tape measurements too, buy your milled flax and natural PB, etc.

Keep us updated.
[/quote]

Will do. I haven’t looked yet but I’m pretty sure I’ll find milled flax somewhere but if I could mill my own would that be ok? I’d just put flax seeds into my blender… I have this kind of blender: http://www.blendtec.com/videoplayer.aspx?sku=TB-621-01&video=Discover_benefits(640x360).flv

And I’m assuming that a natural nut butter like Almond butter would be ok too? I could make my own… :slight_smile:

Hey welcome on board!! Never really looked for flax seed before this thing but its all over the place down here. And I read somewhere that any nut butter should be ok. I think I saw somewhere that someone else was doing that. I’ll try to remember who it was and link it in here.
Ps Icarus - wicked cool Avi

Ok, here we go.

Measurements:

Height: 6’5"
Weight: 229.4 lbs
Neck: 16 1/8"
Shoulders: 48"
Chest at nips: 43.5"
Waist - at largest: 44"
Hips - at largest: 45.5"

I’m not going to bother with my arm or leg measurements. They don’t concern me.

Had my first shake this morning. Banana flavor. Not bad. Had the second one around lunch. Sick of it already. I’m glad I ordered 3 different flavors. I’m going to have to make all three throughout the days so I don’t get bored or used to one flavor.

Time to work out…

oh yeah, pics. Ummm. Next post for sure.

I’m sorry but I’m already on the verge of freaking out.

Trying to finish the last shake of the day and it’s just not wanting to go down.

Regardless of the ‘flavor’ they all have the same taste, same smell… I know that sounds paradoxical.

How am I supposed to go through 27 more days of this.

FRAK I’m so negative right now!

They could taste like wood, think of it like that. Honestly MD is the best tasting protein out there, with no chalk-like feeling in your mouth

Day 2

Not giving up.

I made my 2nd, 3rd, 4th shakes yesterday with less water than required. Maybe they were just too thick. Gonna water them down today and try to drink them quicker.

Look forward to working out tomorrow. Yesterday’s was good except I think I used too little weight for squats.

On another note: There was a post on another topic by a lady who said she’s experiencing really bad breath and (cotton mouth?) or something like that. I don’t know about bad breath but I sure got that morning breath this morning. Haven’t had something like that in a long time. Anyone else experience a glove on their tongue when they woke up after drinking protein shakes all day?

I have it all day. Cleaning my teeth at least three times a day at the moment. It sucks, but it’s not for long, dude. I’m on day 16 and have had it from the start.

[quote]hammerhead70 wrote:
Ps Icarus - wicked cool Avi[/quote]
Thangyewverramudge

I buy flax and mill it once a week in my Cuisinart doohickey. You can buy it at just about any grocery store in the bulk section.

Sometimes the shakes are hard to get down, but it’s all part of the game. I understand about the “sameness” of them, even if they are different flavors. You only have 26 1/2 days left. See? The number is already much lower than it was when you started.

[quote]Woppa wrote:
I have it all day. Cleaning my teeth at least three times a day at the moment. It sucks, but it’s not for long, dude. I’m on day 16 and have had it from the start.[/quote]

Ok, as long as I know it’s a by product of the diet and will go away when it’s done… it will won’t it? :}

[quote]
Icarus wrote:
I buy flax and mill it once a week in my Cuisinart doohickey. You can buy it at just about any grocery store in the bulk section.[/quote]

Alright, good to know. That’s what I’ll do when my bag of flax runs out.

Day 3

Just finished my workout. Now working on my Dinner shake and Surge…

I don’t think my form for Romanian Deadlifts was very accurate. Felt like I was working out my lower back. I tried to adjust but it probably ended up NOT being a RD.
Plus I was also using dumbbells. Time to purchase a barbell.

Standing Shoulder Press showed me how weak I was when required to lift straight up.

Lat-Pulldowns seemed much easier. Bought this Home Gym before starting the V-Diet, it’s a pully system gym. I’m using every weight on there for the lats and according to the chart it only equals 138 lbs. Gonna have to dismantle it to add more weights…

Side plank was fun. Nuff said.

Anybody feel like more time has passed than actually has? It’s Day 3 but feels like a lot longer. bleh

Morning of Day 4

Woke up with a sore throat.

Question: In regards to how the V-Diet affects body PH - Is it an Alkaline or Acid diet?

I can see a difference in the mirror. Minor, yet, major enough reason to keep going.

Since we are ingesting so much protein, I believe it’s acidic (if I recall PN correctly). But, I might have that backwards.

I get a pump in my lower back whenever I do RDLs, is that what you are getting? I don’t think you are doing them wrong from what you are talking about.

[quote]errico wrote:
I’m sorry but I’m already on the verge of freaking out.

Trying to finish the last shake of the day and it’s just not wanting to go down.

Regardless of the ‘flavor’ they all have the same taste, same smell… I know that sounds paradoxical.

How am I supposed to go through 27 more days of this.

FRAK I’m so negative right now!
[/quote]

I realize this was a while ago but mix the shakes with tea or coffee…Im telling you it rox. Especially with the vanilla protein powder. I havent read anything about tea being a nono, seems like as long as there are no calories its fine. Chai or rooibos tea are good, coffee…espresso…take your pick, and you get a boost of caffeine. Stay strong, good luck :wink:

[quote]Icarus wrote:
Since we are ingesting so much protein, I believe it’s acidic (if I recall PN correctly). But, I might have that backwards.

I get a pump in my lower back whenever I do RDLs, is that what you are getting? I don’t think you are doing them wrong from what you are talking about. [/quote]

I assumed it would be acidic.

Looking at the video in the training program it seems to show the guy bending his knees at the same time he bends down but he’s jutting his hips back.
What muscles do RDL’s focus on? Glutes and hams? I don’t want a back injury.

[quote]Lady Of Mercy wrote:
I realize this was a while ago but mix the shakes with tea or coffee…Im telling you it rox. Especially with the vanilla protein powder. I havent read anything about tea being a nono, seems like as long as there are no calories its fine. Chai or rooibos tea are good, coffee…espresso…take your pick, and you get a boost of caffeine. Stay strong, good luck ;)[/quote]

Thanks. I’ve got a little espresso maker my dad left. I’ll have to make some in the morning and use it in my chocolate shake.

The teas sound like a good idea too. Will have to look for the fruity ones to go with strawberry…