Biotest

Enough L-Leucine from Protein?

I noticed the L-Leucine supplement was not in my shipment. A friend of mine told me that it has been taken out because of the amount of L-Leucine in the protein powder is sufficient. Is this correct?

[quote]dwilcox351 wrote:
I noticed the L-Leucine supplement was not in my shipment. A friend of mine told me that it has been taken out because of the amount of L-Leucine in the protein powder is sufficient. Is this correct?[/quote]

Well yes and no.

L-Leucine is out of stock so it was not included.

The L-Leucine is also more muscle insurance, it’s not really needed for the V-diet. Its more so people don’t worry about muscle loss ( which they don’t have to without it anyhow )

There is a world-wide shortage of quality leucine. Also, you were not charged for it. Corst is correct above too.

I was just checking out the forums for this very question, to figure out why we didn’t get leucine this time. I did the V-Diet a while back with great results. Went to do it again, but got pregnant shortly after receiving the shakes/supplements. My husband used all the shakes and Superfood.

I still have the leucine, though it’s almost two years old (I just opened it Monday). I am in horrible shape and I’m giving V-Diet another go-around. I’ve been taking the leucine that I have. Is it worth it to take as a 66’’ female at 185 pounds with 42% body fat? I obviously have more fat to burn than muscle to retain at this point, but I figured the leucine would help what little muscle I do have.

It’s fine to take, but not a necessity. Earlier versions of the diet didn’t even contain leucine. It’s mainly added as “muscle insurance” for the heavily muscled male.

So glad to find this thread with answers…just got my shipment yesterday and when I went to plan my meals, discovered the diet called for Leucine and there was none included in the package I ordered. I was wondering why it was included in the diet, but not the package…now I know. I was thinking I was going to have to order it separately and then wait for it…glad to know I’m good to go! :slight_smile: