Biotest

Enough is Enough, and it's Time For a Change!

Before Photos:

Front

Okay, I’m a day late posting this, but I did my measurements and photos yesterday.
Name: Zach
Height: 5’11.25"
Weight: 220 lbs
Neck: 16"
Shoulders: 25"
Chest - Upper: 41.5"
Chest - Lower: 39.5"
Waist - at Navel: 42.5"
Waist - at largest: 43"
Hips - at largest: 44"
Upper Arm - L: 14.25"
Upper Arm - R: 14.5"
Upper Leg - L: 25"
Upper Leg - R: 25.75"
Lower Leg - L: 15.5"
Lower Leg - R: 15.5"
Ankle - L: 10"
Ankle - R: 10"

Hmm… trouble with uploading pictures

Back

Side

Day 1

Shakes, supplements, etc. aren’t bad. The eating part of the Velocity Diet I feel like I can do no problem. Not gonna lie, Vanilla by itself is just bleh. Good when mixed with natural nut butter or the milled flax seed though.

Monday’s exercises aren’t bad either. Squat weight was fine, but I feel like I could increase the weight a tiny bit for rows and even more so for dumbbell bench press. Misunderstood how long I should be doing planks, so I’ll fix that as well. Otherwise I’d say first day was great. I’m more motivated than ever. Thanks Chris

Keep your eyes on the prize and you will be shredded before you know it. Good luck with your goals!

good luck man, you’ll be there before you know it!

Thank you both. By the way dshroy, excellent choice in music. RATM = Favorite Band

ha me too. thats good to hear, i blast that during my workouts!

yo zgrant it’s good to have you on board my man. Keep posting here and keep up the good work.

Day 2

Well, I’d be lying if I didn’t say that the second day was tougher than the first. Already sick of the shakes, but hey, it’s cool. Makes me look forward to that HSM even more.

Speaking of the HSM, I’m starting to put together what I’d like to make (I’ll have it Friday after my workout). I’m thinking of having a tuna steak with steamed asparagus and broccoli, a small baked potato, and a salad consisting of romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and vinegar (which I believe was the recommended dressing, will double check).

I went to the school gym to check everything out to make sure my workout for Day 3 was doable. I asked a staff member about the one exercise I wasn’t sure about, deadlifts, to check about form and technique. Being a more hands-on learner, having someone show the lift to me in person and then have me do it to make sure I knew what to do made me feel a hell of a lot more comfortable about the workout. I’m psyched.

Just a side note: I read Chris’ article titled "2 Habits You Must Break. Highly recommended read for anyone on the diet. As a Psychology major going into his Junior year, I have to say that it really hits home. If memory serves me correctly another applicable, psychology term for the V Diet is cognitive dissonance. If you’re unfamiliar with the term, I suggest looking it up.

Thanks to all who have posted their support so far. I greatly appreciate it

Day 3

Today was tougher than the day before. The shakes really have made me have a greater appreciation of our sense of taste and smell. If by some chance I ever do this diet again, I will make sure I don’t buy the Raspberry Surge flavor. God is that awful.

Yesterday’s workout was tougher than Monday’s, but I could do it, and that’s what matters. I knew I got a better workout in. I had to cut down on weight for deadlifts because my form was suffering during the 3rd set. Everything else was fine.

I decided to tell me closest friends about going through the V Diet. I was hoping I wouldn’t get any skeptical responses, and in the end I didn’t get anything but support. This diet is truly pushing me to my limits, and I think it will make me a better person - physically and mentally - by the time I’m through.

Day 4

I decided to be creative with the shakes. After reading some of the posts and articles on here, I decided to mix different flavors of the shake. For instance, I mixed strawberry with chocolate and threw in ice for one of my shake snacks.

Not a bad combo if I say so myself. And yeah, I know, not really “creative” persay, but I only ordered three flavors (Neapolitan).

For my NEPA I had walked from my apartment to the University Fitness Center (about a mile). Walked for a mile on a treadmill at a 2.5 incline (took 20 minutes), and then walked back to my apartment.

The only tough thing about Day 4 was at night. It’s not that I was hungry, but I was “daydreaming” about all the foods I’d like to eat. That kept me from falling asleep on time. So I pissed myself off for thinking about the foods. Got my mind on something else, and I was good.

Day 5 is HSM day. Already have it planned out:

• Tuna Steak (on George Foreman Grill)
  • Small portion of Brown Rice
  • Steamed Asparagus and Broccoli
  • Salad consisting of Romaine lettuce, Spinach leaves, Cucumbers, Cherry tomatoes, and olive oil/vinegar dressing.
  • Dessert will be a small cup of blueberries and raspberries

I think good choice on small brown rice portion instead of baked potato. Don’t forget to try Sweet potatoes! Good luck–

I’m just starting day 3 - so I feel your pain… Really looking forward to HSM day.

ha already planning the hsm. and yeah i have never eaten a sweet potato before this diet. try it you should love it if you like reg potatoes.

Day 5

Figured I’d type this up now since I will be at work. As mentioned before, Friday was my HSM day for the week. Posted is the finished product. I think for a college kid I didn’t do half bad.

I also had the Friday workout today - Sumo deadlift, Incline Bench Press, Wide Grip Pulldowns, and plank hold. Everything was A-Okay for the lifting. Also got in plenty for my NEPA with walking in the mall and to the gym.

The support I’m getting from my friends is really refreshing and motivating. I’m not gonna lie - I do still have thoughts of guilty pleasure foods. But I have yet to cheat (and do not intend on doing so either).

Tomorrow I plan on getting some of my NEPA in by walking to and from work. Then go for a walk around campus an hour or two after I get out of work.

Day 6

I really felt like I was in the “swing of things.” As in I can do the shakes, the walk, everything, without an issue. There was, however, a snag today. I had work from 8am to 4pm, and so I packed everything in my gym bag to bring to work with me so I could have make my shakes. Or so I thought.

So I’m opening my bag to put my water jug in the fridge when I notice I’m missing something… my blender bottle. I was so pre-occupied getting all of my supplements and all of that that I forgot the most essential piece. Luckily for me, a friend of mine wasn’t doing anything, and so he helped me out by picking up the bottle for me.

Besides that, everything else went fine, as I had said before. Hung out with my fraternity brothers and some other friends, most of which were drinking. More than ever I have motivation NOT to drink. I just feel like drinking, for the most part, is a giant waste of cash.

If anyone is actually reading this… any suggestions for drinks throughout the day? I don’t mind drinking water, but I was curious as to whether or not there was anything else I could use so I could have a variety.

[quote]ZGrant wrote:

Speaking of the HSM, I’m starting to put together what I’d like to make (I’ll have it Friday after my workout). I’m thinking of having a tuna steak with steamed asparagus and broccoli, a small baked potato, and a salad consisting of romaine lettuce, spinach leaves, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes with olive oil and vinegar (which I believe was the recommended dressing, will double check).

I havent even started the diet yet (8/24 start date) and am already planning my first HSM… it seems that we have a big family get together that day and we will be taking our own grub to throw on the grill!

You mentioned drinks in another post… I have seen mention of sugar free Crystal Light. Might be a good alternative to water.

Keep up the good work!

[quote]ZGrant wrote:

If anyone is actually reading this… any suggestions for drinks throughout the day? I don’t mind drinking water, but I was curious as to whether or not there was anything else I could use so I could have a variety.[/quote]

I am reading it. Go with water.

[quote]jeffthemaximum wrote:
ZGrant wrote:

If anyone is actually reading this… any suggestions for drinks throughout the day? I don’t mind drinking water, but I was curious as to whether or not there was anything else I could use so I could have a variety.

I am reading it. Go with water.
[/quote]

Gotcha. I saw in other logs people mentioning using crystal light, and while it’s tempting I’m getting one of those “sixth sense” vibes about using it.

Thanks!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.