Biotest

Energy is Tapped. Advice?

I’m on day 4 of the V-Diet and my energy is just gone. Any recommendations? The HOT-ROX don’t even do anything. I feel like I could put my had down and sleep for 2 or 3 days.

Are you using the full HRX dose?

Even with the full dosage for me, I still have low energy so I’ll have a cup of coffee. Kinda helps.

Without knowing more, this is hard to pinpoint. For example, usually when I hear this I find out later the person has changed things up a lot: supplements, training program, etc.

Assuming you’re doing everything by the book, and this isn’t related to something else entirely, then I’d just say that you will soon adjust. And remember, it IS an extreme fat loss diet. I wouldn’t expect everyone to feel just perky the whole time.

I’m on day 11 & I gotta tell you, I clicked on your thread just b/c it said pancakes.

I don’t really even eat pancakes, but that’s day 11 for you.

My energy is usually good unless I forget to take my midday HR does. Maybe you’re spacing your doses out too far? I try to take the 2nd dose right at 6 hours.

I remember feeling just like that last year when I was on a really low carb diet. Just felt like nodding off all the time…

I’m on day 4 of the V-Diet and I haven’t felt that way yet…I figured I would by now. I was carb cycling for a few weeks before this, so maybe that helped. Were you really binging hard on the high carb stuff before you started the V-Diet? Maybe this is related to the crash…

In fact today I haven’t taken the HOT-ROX at all because I’ve had trouble sleeping and wanted to see if it was the HOT-ROX causing the problem, and I just realized I haven’t felt sleepy at all today…I thought I would.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

Without knowing more, this is hard to pinpoint. For example, usually when I hear this I find out later the person has changed things up a lot: supplements, training program, etc.

Assuming you’re doing everything by the book, and this isn’t related to something else entirely, then I’d just say that you will soon adjust. And remember, it IS an extreme fat loss diet. I wouldn’t expect everyone to feel just perky the whole time.

[/quote]

I am 100% by the book. Full dose of HOT-ROX, too.

[quote]Tech9 wrote:
Are you using the full HRX dose?

Even with the full dosage for me, I still have low energy so I’ll have a cup of coffee. Kinda helps.[/quote]

We can do coffee on the V-Diet?

[quote]PANCAKES wrote:
We can do coffee on the V-Diet?[/quote]

One cup but no cream or sugar.

Even with that - and this is my 3rd time around - the lack of energy still gets to me. So it’s not just you!

Thanks for the help. It’s appreciated.

I did the V about 6 weeks ago, but I stopped 5 days in because my knee wasn’t quite ready for cardio (I had a partial replacement in December). I don’t remember feel this pathetic,but I did have one hell of a workout this morning at the gym. Maybe that is what is kicking my ass.

[quote]PANCAKES wrote:

I did the V about 6 weeks ago, but I stopped 5 days in because my knee wasn’t quite ready for cardio (I had a partial replacement in December). I don’t remember feel this pathetic,but I did have one hell of a workout this morning at the gym. Maybe that is what is kicking my ass.[/quote]

What kind of workout?

And cardio? Um, there is no cardio on the V-Diet.

Are you sure you’re 100% by the book?

I would add in the following:

1.) Arctic Krill Oil 10grams
2.) Yang R Ala (4 caps morning and lunch)(good source of carnitine and alpha lipoic acid)
3.) Vit E 400iu
4.) Pantethine Supreme 1 tab 2xdaily (this will support natural test production (someitimes levels dip in the afternoon and this can leave you feeling run down)
5.) licorice supreme 1 breakfast 1 lunch
(this will extend the 1/2 lie of cortisol to ease the load on your adenals)
Without knowing omre about your training it would be tough for me to make speciic recommendations but I might suggest being sure you are keeping your workouts under 45min and limit ss cardio. Good luck.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
PANCAKES wrote:

I did the V about 6 weeks ago, but I stopped 5 days in because my knee wasn’t quite ready for cardio (I had a partial replacement in December). I don’t remember feel this pathetic,but I did have one hell of a workout this morning at the gym. Maybe that is what is kicking my ass.

What kind of workout?

And cardio? Um, there is no cardio on the V-Diet.

Are you sure you’re 100% by the book?
[/quote]

Well, not cardio - NEPA walk. I’m doing the Intermediate workout, and hit #2 today.

Positive I’m 100% by the book. I just mis-typed.

I should also note that I’m a chronic masturbator, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I should also note that I’m a chronic masturbator, so maybe that has something to do with it.[/quote]

that’s hilarious!

[quote]

I should also note that I’m a chronic masturbator, so maybe that has something to do with it.[/quote]

That can’t be it. TRUST ME…

Day 4 sucked ass for me as well. Day 5 was a little better and day 10 sucked too. It just comes and goes. One day is great, the next sorta sucks. Just like real life, except you don’t get to chew on anything. Hang tough PANCAKE and tomorrow will be better.

Yes, I felt completely drained for about 3 days, then drained at certain times of the day on days 4 and 5 - I started only feeling drained a few hrs after my most recent shake. Last few days have been much better (I’m on day 8 now).

If I had to guess, you probably operate on a higher carb diet normally and the lack of carbs/blood glucose is a bit of a shock to the system. Stay the course and your body will make the adjustments.

The shitty sleep thing has been standard operating procedure for me. My sleep goes to hell the first 4-5 days and then I adapt. Nap when you can and realize that you might need some extra sleep. Listen to the body in that regard, but not in the “get me off of this diet” regard.

It’s an opportunity to exercise absolute control over your body. Take it as such.

Hey, I am feeling tired too. I do think it has something to do with the whole less carbs thing. I’m hoping I’ll adjust soon. All I want to do is sleep too…lol! I’m not even taking HR because of my thyroids…Carbolin 19 is what I am taking.

Yeah I felt absolutely wrecked right around day 3 or 4. I still do start to feel like absolute shit a couple times a day, and then I look at the clock, and see that its 10 minutes past meal time. I don’t understand how people can skip shakes(I’ve seen a few posts), my belly is full all the time on this diet, but I NEED all the shakes in the day or else it is not good.

I felt the same way. Added some caffiene (yes on top of the HR) and felt loads better by the start of week 2.

week one concluded yesterday for me. my energy has gone up considerably since I posted this thread, thank aunt jamima.

I’m done 4.7lbs after week one. We’ll see if the weight loss picks up this week. Seems like a lot of people are losing more during week one, but it’s not apples to apples.

My highlight was going to the Cavs (I’m in Cleveland) game 2 against the Hawks with club seats. My wife horked down nachos, the guy I work with that went with us was belting down beers and I just sat there and drank water. I was proud of myself. Sporting events usually a recipe for 15 beers, hillbilly food and a poop bomb lobbed at the opposing team. (I did still get off a poop bomb directed at Josh Smith for his constant mean muggin)

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.