Biotest

End of 1st Week, Feeling Over-Trained

Hi Chris, thanks for answering my last question about ab exercises.

I am on day 7 of the V-diet. I’m 6’5 35yo, started @ 258 lbs 29% bodyfat and lost about 5lbs so far.I’m doing intermediate weight lifting routine and novice v-burn.

Tomorrow is my 4th weight lifting session overall, but I feel sore in pretty much ev8ery single upper body muscle and somewhat exhausted from lifting. I’m not sure if it’s over-training per se or just me not being adapted to the new routines/schedule/diet, but my question is whether I should continue with the program or have an easier workout tomorrow. I don’t have motivation problems with going through with the program, but worried that it might not be the best idea to over-train in the course of it.

What’s your opinion? Is it even possible to over-train and should I ignore soreness and training fatigue? Thanks.

If it’s just fatigue and soreness push through it, you’ll adjust.

It’s very hard to “over-train”. Now if you’re talking about pain then that’s a different story. If it’s soreness and fatigue just push through it.

Few backup questions.

1. Is this the first program you have done in the past 12 months?
  2. Do you have and are taking all the supplements that the v-diet calls for?

Well, like corst said, "If it’s just fatigue and soreness push through it, you’ll adjust"
Just follow the v-diet to a T.

Second, if this was the first program you did in over a year you should expect to be sore, should go away in about a week. I personally would have trained a week or 2 with my regular food intake ( cleaning it up ofcourse). Then went straight into the Vzdiet.

Although I can understand the lack of patience and wanted to do it asap. The V-diet sounds very promising. I myself will try it in the future. Prob next year after the winter bulk…

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
If it’s just fatigue and soreness push through it, you’ll adjust.

It’s very hard to “over-train”. Now if you’re talking about pain then that’s a different story. If it’s soreness and fatigue just push through it.[/quote]

I agree with this fully.

Thanks for the responses guys.

To answer the above questions:

• I’ve been doing 2 months of starting strength program before that (based on ‘starting strength’ the book). I’ve seen improvements in my strength and body composition, but my weight remained almost constant on it, hence I decided to go for v-diet.
  • I use all v-diet supplements minus the HOT-ROX.

Sounds great, how do you feel after each workout?

I don’t weigh myself at all, there’s so many factors involved. I wouldn’t even look at myself (body) in the mirror but once every 2 weeks.

Your not gonna change over night and i feel alot of beginners make this mistake and give up.

Just push thru the pain and finish out the program. I’m pretty sure you will be excited with the results. Also you should take before and after photos, transformation pictures always bring a crowd.

“Within me lies the soul of a gladiator, and the heart of a lion.”

“Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes.” -Chinese proverb

“Champions Are Made When Nobody Is Watching”

“Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you”

[quote]mketodd wrote:
Sounds great, how do you feel after each workout?
[/quote]

I much prefer the after-feeling of the SS workouts, eg heavier weights and longer times between sets. SS has you do back squats 3x a week compared to just once a week front squats on the v-diet intermediate program. After an SS workout I feel almost high for the rest of the day (mainly because of squats), but since the idea behind V-Diet exercises is different as I understand it, I am not complaining or anything, gona stick to it :wink: