Biotest

Emilio's V-Diet Log

Ok. So its time to get this log going. I have been anxious to get started and tomorrow is day one for me it seems. I’ll take measurements and weigh myself first thing in the morning.

Cals are going to be:

Lifting Day - 1904
Non-Lifting Day - 1584

These are based on a BW of 240 and using the <30lb equation as the >30lb equation was a bit low in my opinion (1208 and 1450 respectively).

So its looking like

2 Flintstones Daily Vitamins
11 servings of Metabolic Drive
1 Serving Flax (2tbsp)
1 Serving PB (2tbsp)
4 Fiber Choice Tabs
4 Flameout Caps
4 HOT-ROX (two 2pill servings)
3 ZMA before bed
4 Bromaline Pills spread throughout day
1 serving Surge after lifting

Plan is:

Wake up 6am - Shake (2 servings)
Gym - Nepa on Non lifting days/Lifting on lifting days (Surge if lifting)
9 am - Shake 2 servings and 2 fiber choice
12pm - Shake w/ Flax and 2 servings
3pm - Shake w 2 servings and 2 fiber choice
6pm - Nepa (skipped on non lifting days) and 1 serving shake
9pm - Shake w/ PB and 2 scoops
10pm - 3zma/Bed

I plan on lifting on Mon/Tues/Fri mornings. Either way I am in the gym pretty much 7 days a week as its winter and too damn cold(and dangerous as I live in a small apartment complex with lots of idiot drivers) to be doing my NEPA outdoors in the dark.

So thats the plan… HSM will be eaten on Fridays and weigh ins/measurements/pictures will be taken Friday mornings.

I should have my measurements and pictures posted tomorrow evening (i’ll take em in the morning but then I need to rush off to the gym/work). Also, no HOT-ROX tomorrow. I have a physical.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Good luck…i find it funny that you take flinestones vitamins…:slight_smile: i do to, i heart that they are actually better then some of the more “adult” brands.

They taste good so I’m less likely to “forget” to take them. That… and they are cheap and readily available.

Thats why i like the Fiber Choice tabs! Ha!

Ok… today has gone well so far. I have a physical in like 10 minutes (they are coming to my apt!?). Then its a shake and then off to the gym for my NEPA.

Don’t feel hungry really which is good. My weight this morning was 238.2 and that will be my official start weight. Pics and measurements will wait tomorrow morning as I was in a rush to get out the door and just didn’t have time.

One thing I need to focus on though is getting more water as I found myself not drinking as much today for some reason.

Regarding the water…you might not need to drink as much while on this diet for several reasons:

-the shakes have a lot of water in them already
-I assume you are using water to take the supps
-you arent taking in much sodium (and not drinking diet drinks for the most part…or coffee, which is has a dehydrating effect)
-you arent losing water while doing cardio (bc you’re not doing it)
-you aren’t taking in a lot of carbs (Might just be my body, but I need more water to balance the carbs and avoid getting really restless)

just to note so that you can avoid cramping up from over-hydration throughout your workouts

HSM is every 7 days right? Cause I am thinking that might shift my HSM to either weds or thurs…

As for water I usually aim for atleast a gallon if not a gallon and a half a day and shakes and the occasional coffee/tea are nowhere near enough for me.

Things are going well but its only day 2 so we’ll see. I am not hungry at all though which is good.

Ok time for my NEPA

Around the largest part of your belly/love-handle area 43 1/8
Upper leg (thigh 28 1/4
Lower leg (calf) 17 3/4
Ankle 10.5
Chest: Across nipple line 43
Between belly button and nipple line (upper abs area) 40
Shoulders 50
Upper arm 16
Neck 16 3/8

I was wondering what you guys(and girls) think about me using the >35lb calculation. It would put me at 1323/1587 respectively but that seems really low and I worry about losing muscle if I am that low.

Good luck to you!!!

I just started yesterday. Keep us updated…I have a feeling I am gonna need some support from others in the same boat as I get deeper into this!!!

Hope you get all the results you want,

[quote]ActionJackson wrote:
Good luck to you!!!

I just started yesterday. Keep us updated…I have a feeling I am gonna need some support from others in the same boat as I get deeper into this!!!

Hope you get all the results you want, [/quote]

Thanks! I’ll be posting updates from time to time(atleast weekly).

Best of luck!

Good luck
As far as doing the 35 do you need to lose more than that and are you lifting heavy weights?
I guess its a decision you have to make
Keep us posted!!!

[quote]ItaliaCat02 wrote:
Good luck
As far as doing the 35 do you need to lose more than that and are you lifting heavy weights?
I guess its a decision you have to make
Keep us posted!!! [/quote]

Short answer… Yes and Yes

I am a competitive powerlifter so yes I do train with heavy weights (relative to my max). I also do intend on losing over 35lbs but I see this more as a “Kickstart” to my quest to compete in the 198lb weight class so I don’t think a couple extra lbs now are worth the risk of it being muscle and not fat.

As it stands I will keep it at the numbers I am using now unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Oh… and an update.

Today is day… 5

So far so good. Its a very easy diet to follow as long as you can control your urges. Amazingly I have found myself being OK with my cravings as I have a well defined “finish line” to keep in my sights (which for me is the day before thanksgiving!). This not only motivates me but I see it keeping me from going too crazy on Thanksgiving.

Granted, I plan on enjoying myself and eating all sorts of good things. but at the same time I don’t think I’ll be stuffing my face with cakes, pie, and lots of beer which is good.

Had a little mishap in the gym today and hurt my elbow. I suppose when you lower the bar holders on the bench its a good idea to make sure that the stops will actually stop the bar when you are fully locked out… Yeah… I basically tossed a bar (luckily with only 135lbs) right over my head and onto the floor. My left elbow was hurting when I tried to continue that part of my workout so I called it a day as I know all too well the consiquences of trying to “work through the pain.” Its a little sore now but I put some biofreeze on it and will be avoiding putting any stress on it. Hopefully its just a minor strain.

I already have my HSM planned out for weds. Nice salad with an olive oil based vinegrette, steak, and a plain baked sweet potatoe.

Ok…

things are going well. The diet has been a breeze but… my weight… isn’t really moving. Which is concerning for me.

It could be two things. The first being the fact that my “start weight” was lower than usual by about 4 lbs (usually hovering in the mid to low 240s)… or I need to restrict my cals more (down about 200 cals) to reflect the >35lb loss calculation.

I stepped on the scale just a moment ago and I am still above my start weight. Mind you I have been 100% compliant with this diet and I train mon/wed/fri so I am at a loss. Tomorrow is my first HSM (day 7) for me.

Advice?

hsm today

is that your weight today? and do you mean 237?

the thread starter is a troll, to the helpful people helping him stop wasting your time

[quote]Polsen714 wrote:
is that your weight today? and do you mean 237?[/quote]

fixed and yes 237.0

[quote]honest wrote:
the thread starter is a troll, to the helpful people helping him stop wasting your time[/quote]

And I am a troll because? How about you take a second to think before you post.

1. Everything was ordered off Biotest. I’ll even take a picture to satiate your curiosity. Oh… I did buy some HOT-ROX from DPS cause they are literally down the road from me.

2. I’ll post pictures tonight. I never said I was big by any means I just don’t want to repeat my mistake the last time I dieted down and ended up not being happy with how I looked. At the time it was moot though because I had no muscle to begin with (fat to skinnyfat). I just worry that the 1300/1600 calorie numbers would be a bit low even though I do need to shed serious bf.

3. If you don’t like my thread feel free to offer constructive advice. But to come at me for no reason is just pointless.

On the other hand I can see where you are coming from as my orders are not reflected on my profile. I think it may be due to the fact that I ordered my first batch of items through the sister site to get that discount (basically a free bottle of seven when you break it down). I recently ordered a couple more tubs of Metabolic Drive so that should show here as I was sure I was logged in when I placed that order.

And I never did post my pictures but once I get home I’ll post them. For now all I have to show that I am serious are videos from my last powerlifting meet.

Here is my 3rd squat… you can find the rest of the videos on my profile. For reference I weighed in at 232 that morning and yes my bench is really that bad.