Biotest

Elite Pro Minerals Question

I was wondering if the Elite Pro minerals could be used in place of ZMA? It has the same amount of zinc and almost the same amount of magnesium (although in different forms). It doesn’t contain any B6 however, although I get a 20mg. dose of B6 from my daily dose of Power Drive.

This would have the advantage of covering not only the zinc and magnesium, but vanadium, chromium, and selenium as well.

Thanks,

Crowbar

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/elitepro-minerals"target=“new”>Elitepro Minerals basically contains ZMA plus a couple of other things. So sure, if you’re using ElitePro Minerals, you can skip the ZMA.

crowbar I use Elitepro Minerals every night after lifting.Has a bunch of added goodies In It that ZMA dosen’t.It’s a great supplement to use.

Yeah, jp I’ll be jumping on it right after I use up my present supply of ZMA. I’m kind of a supplement hoarder; I hate having to order items constantly, so I tend to stock up on quantities when I buy.

Starting to buy up my rest-of-the-year supply of: Alpha-GPC, Power Drive, Flameout, Superfood, curcumin, creatine malate, Carbolin 19, and Indigo-3G. MAG-10 and Plazma are bought a month or two supply at a time.

Crowbar

I bought Elitepro Minerals for the same reason (ZMA replacement). It’s tough to tell if a supplement like this is working, but like Chris said, I liked the fact that it had more minerals in it than just Zinc and Magnesium.

I can “feel” the elite pro better than just taking ZMA. About an hour after taking a dose of elite pro, I can feel my body start to loosen up, and my muscles relaxing. ZMA -godd. Elite Pro-better. In my opinion.

ZMA for a long time was by far my favorite supplement in use. Now, its ElitePRO. Can’t go without. My sleep, which is dear to me, is always great when I supplement with it. Hope this helps.

sorry to bump an old thread, but is there any reason why ZMA seems to cause vivid/crazy dreams in a lot of people, but Elitepro does not (from my own experience as well)? Is it the B6 in ZMA, or the aspartate forms?

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
sorry to bump an old thread, but is there any reason why ZMA seems to cause vivid/crazy dreams in a lot of people, but Elitepro does not (from my own experience as well)? Is it the B6 in ZMA, or the aspartate forms?[/quote]

We haven’t really seen a trend in this. “Vivid dreams” are often reported by anyone who is able to sleep better than before. Dreaming is basically a side effect of more replenishing sleep, just as lack of dreaming caused by excess alcohol is a sign of poor quality, non-replenishing sleep. So we hear the vidid dreams comment with various things like Z-12, ZMA, and Elite Minerals. Melatonin users reported this as well (except that old-school melatonin tends to stop working in most people.)

I think I will look into this.
Anything for better health!

Chris-What is old school melatonin? What kind should I be looking for? I’ve been using NOW brand
liquid Melatonin 3mg a few times a week.

[quote]ironbull121270 wrote:
Chris-What is old school melatonin? What kind should I be looking for? I’ve been using NOW brand
liquid Melatonin 3mg a few times a week.[/quote]

Just melatonin. I say “old school” because it’s been around a long time. I haven’t used it since Z-12 came out though. Better, more consistent results.