Biotest

E_ROCK's V-Diet

Well I have committed myself to the V-diet starting today 5/12/08 and I am determined to stick to it as a personal challenge to myself.

About me:
22 years old
6’2
218lbs
genetically on the muscular side

I’m not sure how realistic it is but my goal is to get down to 200lbs. I typically have a strong stomach and plan to prove that I have the strong will power as well.

My calorie requirements come out to be about 1500-1800 which seems pretty close to the sample V-Diet in the write-up. The only thing that concerns me is the 21 fish oil capsules 3 times a week!? This seems pretty scary as the serving size is 2… Anyway, I plan to follow the sample diet as copied below except i will be using ON 100% casein and I will be taking the HOT-ROX:

Tuesday / Thursday / Sunday

5 Metabolic Drive shakes made with ice cold water, spread evenly throughout the day

4 servings of milled flax seeds, added evenly over several shakes

21 salmon oil capsules

Monday / Wednesday / Friday

5 Metabolic Drive shakes, spread evenly throughout the day

4 servings of milled flax seeds, added evenly over several shakes

1 serving of Surge after weight workouts. (Half can also be sipped throughout the workout, with the other half slammed right after.)

No salmon capsules on this day.

Saturday

1-2 servings of old fashioned oatmeal with 1-2 servings of blueberries.

3-4 Metabolic Drive shakes, spread evenly throughout the day.

For my workouts I plan to follow a program from the “Body Sculpting Bible for Men” which basically goes with the 4 superset method (4 pairs of alternating exercises for a total of 8). I will also be running to and from my gym which is about 1.5 miles each way.

I would love any and all encouragement or advice.

Good luck! I’m going on day 4 and it’s gotten a lot easier. HOT-ROX helps with the hunger pangs.

E-ROCK, it looks like you’re following a very old version of the diet. I can tell by the 21 fish oil caps. Today we use Flameout at only 4 to 6 per day.

We also have official workouts designed just for V-Dieters. See this thread for the latest updates and handy links:

http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2125931

wirewound, thanks for the words of encouragement. People don’t always realize what a few positive words will do when all you get is crap from your friends/family. I am doing this for me and me only and no other force can bring me down. Best of luck to you as well.

Chris, after reading up I am going to see if i can find some Flameout in a local store. If not, would it be ok to supplement with fish oil until my order could be shipped or would you suggest another source of good fat?

Also, do you think my runs to/from the gym are overkill? I really don’t want to eat away at muscle but I also don’t want to wuss around with my cardio and not reach my fat loss potential.

Im off to find a measuring tape and Flameout!

Day 1:

I was absolutely amazed at the taste of the shakes (vanilla). It’s like drinking cake batter and the milled flax seed adds a pleasant texture that is really nice for a change. I am used to the cheap whey protein from sams club and now this seems like I am on vacation.

I did get started a little late though because I slept in and now I am trying to get all my shakes in before I go to bed tonight. I know it’s only day 1 but I feel fantastic (and really full). I failed to get out and find Flameout so I am probably a little light on my fats but hopefully I will get that taken care of tomorrow.

I ran to the gym this evening to get in a workout and they had changed their hours for the next 3 weeks and were just closing. I just ran home and did some bodyweight exercises but I plan to hit the gym tomorrow.

Day 2:
214.6 lbs

Today went pretty smoothly. I have “eatin” my meals on schedule and still feel pretty good. I did make the mistake of taking HOT-ROX before my workout and it tweaked me out big time. I had taken a 2cap dose this morning for the first time and felt just fine but when i was working out this evening my little heart was working overtime.

I have learned the hard way to listen to my body so I ended up lightening my weights for the second half of my workout to avoid passing out. It kinda got a little scary so I ended up walking home instead of running. All-in-all good day. See yall tomorrow!

Day 3:

I am still going strong. I didn’t make it to the gym today because I spent practically all day helping some friends of mine move into storage. No problems with HOT-ROX either. Being really busy actually helped get my mind off of my body and the same ol flavor of every shake and the day flew by before I knew it.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.