Biotest

Dustin's V-Diet Log

Got my stuff in yesterday and started today. I didn’t get the flax seeds until today after work, though, so the lack of fiber got me pretty hungry earlier today. The hunger isn’t too bad, though. I have one more shake for today with peanut butter. I’m mad, though. I left the chocolate flavored protein at work! I was wanting that reeses tasting shake before bed. Oh and is it me or does superfood make the shakes taste just a tad unpleasant? lol

my starting stats are:

height: 5’8.5"
weight: 160 (yeah i know i’m just barely before the cut off)
bf %: don’t have calipers and don’t trust the scales but i’m guessing around 15%

i’m going to try to get measurements tomorrow. i didn’t have time this morning to look for a measuring tape.

my goals are just to have that visible six pack. about 9% bf. i’m hoping i can reach that, but it’s going to be tough.

here’s my starting pics

:shakeshead:

I have no idea why you’re doing this diet. And even though the diet program itself said you were too light, you’re doing it anyway. I assume you just “lied” to the V-Calculator?

How about this: What is the creator of the V-Diet said that you don’t need this diet? Would that convince you?

Okay, here goes:

The V-Diet is not for you.

well i weigh 158 but its only 2 pounds so i figured it wasn’t that big of a difference. is it unhealthy to do the diet at my weight? i’m takin in over 1300 calories on none workout days.i read that anything under 1200 is unhealthy, and i’m still above that. i’m not trying to argue at all i just want to know why its not for me.

[quote]baughshreddz wrote:
well i weigh 158 but its only 2 pounds so i figured it wasn’t that big of a difference. is it unhealthy to do the diet at my weight? i’m takin in over 1300 calories on none workout days.i read that anything under 1200 is unhealthy, and i’m still above that. i’m not trying to argue at all i just want to know why its not for me.[/quote]

It just looks like you could cut up with some small changes in training and diet. No need for the big guns (V-Diet). You just don’t seem to have enough muscle under there to show off. I’m afraid if you lost 10 to 15 pounds on the V-Diet you’d be very disappointed in how you looked. Remember, Gus – the guy in the V-Diet intro photos – was 210 when he started. You have like 30 to 40 pounds less muscle, so you’re just going to look skinny and gaunt instead of ripped and muscular like Gus.

I’m not saying to bulk up and get fat. Go ahead and cut down to single-digit body fat, but you really don’t need the V-Diet to do it. That should be EASY because you just don’t have much body fat. So get rid of the little bit of fat you have then focus on muscle gain. My “Get Big Without Getting Fat” article in the archives might be just what you need: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/get_big_without_getting_fat&cr=

ok. yeah i was wanting to cut up first because of all the stuff i’ve read by dr. Berardi and some others saying that if you’re above 15% bodyfat then most of your weight gain will be fat if you try to put on weight. and the convenience of the V-Diet appealed to me because i’m living at my dad’s house while i do my unpaid summer internship.

my step mom run’s a daycare from the house and the kitchen is always a huge mess so cooking is definitely a pain. so just mixing up shakes sounded great for my current situation.

but i appreciate the help. i’m going to take your advice and try something else. now i have about a year supply of protein instead of 6 weeks! lol

[quote]baughshreddz wrote:
ok. yeah i was wanting to cut up first because of all the stuff i’ve read by dr. Berardi and some others saying that if you’re above 15% bodyfat then most of your weight gain will be fat if you try to put on weight. and the convenience of the V-Diet appealed to me because i’m living at my dad’s house while i do my unpaid summer internship.

my step mom run’s a daycare from the house and the kitchen is always a huge mess so cooking is definitely a pain. so just mixing up shakes sounded great for my current situation.

but i appreciate the help. i’m going to take your advice and try something else. now i have about a year supply of protein instead of 6 weeks! lol[/quote]

There ya go dude, good for you.
Yeah, when author’s write some of those articles while the #s may pertain to you, going by a picture is much more valuable. If Berardi were to see a picture of you, he would probably give you the same advice Chris did. All you gotta do is workout hard and eat some good food slightly above maintenance. You’ll add some muscle to your frame that will give you a better look

so i shouldn’t even try to cut right now? just eat above maintenance and eat clean? if i do that i want to put on as little fat as possible. i’m thinking limiting the carbs to just veggies. high fat, moderate protein, and only carbs will be around my workouts. that sound good?