Biotest

D's Velocity Log

Ok, so today was my first day of the V-Diet and it wasn’t as bas as i thought it was going to be. However, i am hungry, but i just keep telling myself its on 28 days! Here are my before pictures and measurements, hopefully there will be a significant change when I’m done!

I go back to work tomorrow which is good because ill be constantly moving and working, however, its going to be quite hard when i cook for a living! I think that part is going to prove to be the most difficult, but ive lost 60lbs already the old fashioned way and im not about to quit now! Id appriciate any support or wisdom along my journey if anyone has any to give!

Weight: 163 lbs.
Neck: 14.5 in.
Shoulder: 43.5 in.
Chest, upper: 37 in.
Chest, lower: 38 in.
Arm, right: 13 in.
Arm, left: 12.5 in.
Waist, naval: 36 in.
Waist, belt: 34.5 in.
Thigh, right: 22.5 in.
Thigh, left: 22 in.
Calf, right: 15.5 in.
Calf, left: 15 in.

before pic

again

Will power! Lots of it! You can do it. I keep telling myself that I can stand on my head for 28 days if it meant a serious changs. You will do great!

N

Hi!

Just a question… have you been lifting before? Heavy weigh lifting does wonder. It helps trim body fat. You are not really heavy so why not concentrate on eating healthy and lifting heavy?

[quote]marycler wrote:
Hi!

Just a question… have you been lifting before? Heavy weigh lifting does wonder. It helps trim body fat. You are not really heavy so why not concentrate on eating healthy and lifting heavy?[/quote]

Hey, i started weight lifting about 2 months before i started the vdiet. but a friend of mine is a body builder and said i should try this program b/c it will help me shed that last bit of “stubborn” body fat that i cant seem to lose. While, at the same time progressing my muscle growth. Im a professional cook and i work in a really high end restaurant in the philly, so that gives me both an advantage, as well as, a disadvantage.

I know how to cook healthy and make it taste great without adding any fat, carbs, etc. However, on the other hand, taste is everything in my daily life, so to not be able to taste anything is quite hard, lol, thats where i now need to rely on my sous chef to taste everything for me! For the last 6 months, i have only been eating whole foods for lunch and dinner( lentils, steamed vegetables, a piece of wild salmon, etc) and has mad e a huge change in my life! Anyway, i hope that i have answered your question even though i got a little side tracked.

Thanks

-D-

[quote]narives wrote:
Will power! Lots of it! You can do it. I keep telling myself that I can stand on my head for 28 days if it meant a serious changs. You will do great!

N[/quote]

Thanks N! its all about will power, with it anyone can do anything! Thanks for the support!!!

-D-

ok, so i just about finished up day 2 (just one more shake before bed) and i feel great! I haven’t felt very hungry throughout the day, in fact i’ve felt quite full. Im still very motivated and its helping me a lot to share my story and progress with the rest of you. Anywho, here are the stats from my first workout yesterday. …

Level: Intermediate
Workout 1:
Front squat: 5,5,5,5 @ 100lbs. (my quads are so sore still from this, however, i dont think i was going low enough during my actual squat, so i might decrease the weight by 10lbs, so i can drop lower)
Lat Pulldown: 5,5,3,5,5 @ 115lbs.
DB Bench Press: 6,5,5,5, @ 40lbs (my arms were pretty tired by the 5th rep, but i feel i should increase the wight a little more, do less repss, and more sets…what do you think?)
Ab-Wheel Rollout: 5,5,5,5 (these are a lot harder then they look, lol)

ok, so there it is. That was day 1. if anyone had any feedback both positive or negative it would be appreciated, so that i can determine if I’m doing the right thing or not. Thanks for the help!

-D-

That’s cool! Good luck!

[quote]donwon12586 wrote:
marycler wrote:
Hi!

Just a question… have you been lifting before? Heavy weigh lifting does wonder. It helps trim body fat. You are not really heavy so why not concentrate on eating healthy and lifting heavy?

Hey, i started weight lifting about 2 months before i started the vdiet. but a friend of mine is a body builder and said i should try this program b/c it will help me shed that last bit of “stubborn” body fat that i cant seem to lose. While, at the same time progressing my muscle growth. Im a professional cook and i work in a really high end restaurant in the philly, so that gives me both an advantage, as well as, a disadvantage.

I know how to cook healthy and make it taste great without adding any fat, carbs, etc. However, on the other hand, taste is everything in my daily life, so to not be able to taste anything is quite hard, lol, thats where i now need to rely on my sous chef to taste everything for me! For the last 6 months, i have only been eating whole foods for lunch and dinner( lentils, steamed vegetables, a piece of wild salmon, etc) and has mad e a huge change in my life! Anyway, i hope that i have answered your question even though i got a little side tracked.

Thanks

-D-[/quote]

Hi everyone! i just finished up day 3 and im going strong! i haven’t cheated once, not even in the slightest and it feels great knowing that. Today was my 2nd workout and i have to say it was rough, the videos look a lot easier then they really are. Plus, my quads were still very sore from the previous workout, but all in all i felt good afterwards. Here are my stats…

Workout 2:

Reverse Lunge: 10,10,8,8,8 @ 2x 40lbs. (i think maybe i should drop the weight to 35lbs to increase my form just a bit better)
DB Bent-over-row: 10,10,8,8,8 @ 2x 40lbs
DB Push Press: 9,8,7,4,4,4,4 @ 2x 30lbs (i wish i could have done heavier weights, but i was getting fatigued from the previous exercises)
Barbell Curl: 10,10,10,10 @ 55lbs
Reverse Crunch: 10,10,10,10

any suggestions, please post!

Day 5:

I just finished my 3rd workout and it was a lot better the the 2 previous. I am starting to feel more comfortable doing each exercise. The shakes aren’t getting any better however, lol. I just cant seem to stomach any of the flavors, but i suppose (or hope) that i become accustom to them! As far as feeling hungry throughout the course of the day, i dont. I am generally pretty full from the shakes and by the time i feel hungry again, its usally time for another. However, that doesnt stop me from “dreaming” about food from time to time lol. Anyway, here are my stats from my workout:

Workout 3:

Deadlift: 9,9,9,9,5 @ 135lbs.
Decline DB Bench Press: 9,9,9,8,5 @ 2 x 35lbs.
Lat Pulldown: 9,8,6,6,6,5 @ 100lbs ( i think maybe i should reduce the weight slightly, so that i touch the bar to my chest each time)
Hand Walkout: 10,9,9,9,6

looking forward to my HSM on sunday after my first Vburn!!!

I know I’m not the only one to report this, but your sense of smell really jacks up while on the diet. You might be able to see how things “taste” just by smelling your dishes now.

[quote]Tirith wrote:
I know I’m not the only one to report this, but your sense of smell really jacks up while on the diet. You might be able to see how things “taste” just by smelling your dishes now.[/quote]

yea thats for sure! i didnt know that happened, but i have definitely noticed that im much more sensitive to smell now. But, i have my HSM tomorrow so i wont have to worry about smelling too much longer!

I wasn’t sure if i am supposed to drink Surge after my Vburn??? anyone know the answer? Thanks

-D-

So I replied in Chris’ thread. No, don’t drink Surge after your V-Burn. Surge is only for when you weight train.

Did the challenge kick your a**? :wink:

[quote]marycler wrote:
So I replied in Chris’ thread. No, don’t drink Surge after your V-Burn. Surge is only for when you weight train.

Did the challenge kick your a**? ;)[/quote]

Ok, thanks. Yea, the Vburn beat my ass pretttttty damn good lol, but it was fun!
Thanks

-D-

Ok everyone, i just finished up day 7 and my first Vburn! I have to say that no one was kidding when they say the vburn kicks your ass, because it whooped mine! But, i really enjoyed pushing myself to the point of near vomiting. That really gave me a feeling of will power and determination! Here are the times for my vburn…

Vburn # 1: Intermediate

1.) 3.08
2.) 3.25
3.) 3.22
4.) 3.16
5.) 4.01
6.) 3.42

Total: 20:14
I almost didnt think i could make 3 more sets, but i knew i had to! So by the end of my 6th set i was pushing so hard to get done as fast as possible that i almost puked. Hopefully nest week i can shave 3 minutes off…thats my goal anyway!

I also took measurements this morning just after waking up and using the b-room…the number on the left is “day 1” and the right is “day 7”

Weight: 163 158 (-6 lbs)
Neck: 14.5 14.25 (- .25 in,)
Shoulder: 43.5 44.25 (+.75 in)
Chest, upper: 37 37.25 (+.25 in)
Chest, lower: 38 37.5 (-.50 in)
Arm, right: 13 13
Arm, left: 12.5 12.5
Waist, naval: 36 35 (-1 in)
Waist, belt: 34.50 33.50 (-1 in)
Thigh, right: 22.5 22 (-.5 in)
Thigh, left: 22 21.75 (- .25 in)
Calf, right: 15.5 15 (-.50 in)
Calf, left: 15 14.5 (-.50 in)

Total weight loss: 6 lbs
Total inches lost: 4.5 in
Im pretty excited about the results, they were a lot better then i had thought that they would be!

Lastly, i will post the pics of my very first HSM!!! Prepare to get hungry!