Biotest

Drinking Your Dinner

I’m almost to the last week of my V-Diet, and while I’m pleased with the results so far, I would like to drop some more body fat.
I’ve heard about the concept of not eating past a certain time of day, and I am considering trying that approach. Charles Poliquin has suggested huge breakfasts, smaller lunches, then even smaller dinners. Reading Chris’s article about substituting a protein shake for a solid meal to lose fat, I began wondering if anyone had tried that approach, and if so, what were the results?

It can work, you just need to know yourself. Stopping all calories after a certain point is, basically, a kind of intermittent fasting. Which means you’ll be going X number of total hours without eating.

If you have appetite control issues and binge when hungry (like I know I do, which is why I can’t do IF), it’ll backfire. If you can stick with it though, it can definitely work for fat loss.

Yep, that’s old school nutrition advice that goes back to the 1930s. “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper." Definitely something to that approach, and it ties into another popular and effective idea to “front load” calories in the early part of the day and taper them off as you’re generally less active later in the day.

I haven’t used it specifically, but it’s another time-tested method that works. Like the article was getting at, it’s a no-brainer way to cut calories while still getting quality protein to ensure muscle preservation.

I’ll sometimes do a kind a “modified version”, not for cutting, by adding a protein shake to breakfast to bump up the meal’s protein content. Like, some fruit, toast, and 2 eggs, plus a 2-scoop shake in water, instead of doing 4 eggs with no shake.