Biotest

Drinking 'Peri-Workout' Before Workout

Hi,

I am ‘restarting’ my fitness regimen. I have totally tapped myself out of this no carb nonsense and lo behold, have a bunch of Indigo3, Mag-10, and Surge Workout Fuel I found in my closet

I like to do a lot of bodyweight stuff and like doing chinups specifically
During the last two days at lunch, I poppped 6 Indigo3G about an hour before my workout, then about 20 minutes later I sip 2 servings of Mag-10 and 4 scoops of Surge Workout Fuel (150 grams of carbs)

here’s the thing: I usually finish it all on my way to the gym - something about drinking stuff while working out just doesn’t work for me

is this ok? Does anyone else do this?

Well, all we can say is that for best results, follow the label directions, and those aren’t the label directions on any of the supplements (at least the current updated supplements). Pre-workout is certainly important, perhaps the most important according to newer research, but intra and post-workout are important too. If you just can’t drink anything intra, then have your Surge Workout Fuel pre-workout and the Mag-10 after. You are only lessening the effects of the formulas by mixing them together. Ideally, in the future, look into <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma when you run out of the old stuff.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Well, all we can say is that for best results, follow the label directions, and those aren’t the label directions on any of the supplements (at least the current updated supplements). Pre-workout is certainly important, perhaps the most important according to newer research, but intra and post-workout are important too. If you just can’t drink anything intra, then have your Surge Workout Fuel pre-workout and the MAG-10 after. You are only lessening the effects of the formulas by mixing them together. Ideally, in the future, look into <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma when you run out of the old stuff. [/quote]

holy crap, had no idea
thanks Chris - I will separate the two from tomorrow (i premixed them for today :frowning:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Well, all we can say is that for best results, follow the label directions, and those aren’t the label directions on any of the supplements (at least the current updated supplements). Pre-workout is certainly important, perhaps the most important according to newer research, but intra and post-workout are important too. If you just can’t drink anything intra, then have your Surge Workout Fuel pre-workout and the MAG-10 after. You are only lessening the effects of the formulas by mixing them together. Ideally, in the future, look into <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma when you run out of the old stuff. [/quote]

Thanks Chris
I used Plazma today per the directions - an hour or so after my workout (1 plazma pre and 2 plazma intra/post) I had a scoop of MAG-10

here we go!

That’s perfect, and exactly the plan we have our top athletes and bodybuilders on (except they often use extra servings, which isn’t needed by everyone.)