Biotest

Donna's V-Diet Journal

PHOTOS

FRONT

SIDE

HUGE STEP FOR ME!

Good luck Donna, thanks for stopping by on my journal. Stay strong! are you having crazy cravings at all or has it been pretty streamlined for you so far?

kudos on posting the photos. they can be painful. everyone on here is unhappy with their body, so the important thing is progress, and pics definitely help with that. when do/did you start? good luck, work hard!

03/09/09

Monday I started the V-Diet and the day went fairly well. I did as instructed by weighing myself, taking measurements, and photos, the only thing I was not able to do was post, due to ISP difficulties. However, I having been documenting my progress daily, as suggested.

Monday was not so bad for me, I had been experimenting with shakes prior so I was prepared. I had all the supplements in place and was excited to begin. I did my half hour of NEPA on the treadmill for 30 minutes at 3.5 MPH with an incline of one for 15 of those 30 minutes. The workout went well, I felt I had enough energy, but than there is day two.

Tuesday started out well, but after my first shake, Superfood, and L-leucine my stomach was upset, I was irritable and just felt out of sorts; I did not sleep well the night before, waking up every few hours to use the bathroom, the Surge plus the shakes was an influx of fluids, just too much. I surprisingly did not have any real cravings for food.

However, I did mess up and totally spaced out my Superfood and L-leucine. I went to bed early and had different dreams of fast food ? it was just crazy!! I think it is partly due to that terrible website of all of that fast food, the why you are fat website, and the fact I have food addictions ? there I said it! I am no longer in denial. Hi, my name is Donna and I am a foodaholic :wink:

Normally, in my office, there are many treats, but I did not want any at all. I did not even feel the need to justify when asked why I was not participating in the Birthday Treats. I have been reading a lot of Chris’s articles, journals and other materials on this and the sister site. I have become very pissed off at what I have done to myself. I have made this decision and I do not need to explain or justify myself to anyone!

In fact, nobody knows of my V-Diet, not my live in BF, my family, my coworkers, nobody! I did bring it up when I began researching and felt a lot of resistance, therefore, this decision was made entirely with the support of the people on this site, and not the monkeys, so thank you to all who contribute!!

Wednesday was tough too! Mornings are tough with the upset stomach, but I drink the shakes down - quick and swift, get the job done!! Still no cravings for food, I do not know if I am that pissed or if it is the timing of the shakes and supplements, hopefully both! The workout kicked my ass, I could not lift as heavy as I did during the practice run and had to use more time during the last two sets.

Should I use slightly lighter weights next Wednesday? The NEPA increased to 40 minutes and the incline of one for the duration. Shakes and supplements as suggested.

Thursday was okay, energy level okay, and no real cravings. Too much time elapsed between my last two shakes so I did mix the supplements with the shake, less the PB and flax. I tried the PB mixed with the flax and it was delightful for me, a real treat. Tonight I will throw in the freezer and try that. I only had about four hours of sleep, which is half of what I usually get.

Friday is okay thus far, still the same queasiness, but holding strong. I will have to do my workout during lunch at my University’s gym closes at 5 pm, a little concerned about time constraint, but I will do what it takes.

Initially, I was thinking of having my HSM on Saturday, but I have decided to do it Sunday, still not craving therefore, I will have it on day seven. Oh and my treat for making it through the first week, an hour-long massage!

Donna

Hello Donna. Thanks for post/words of encouragement. Your start sounds a bit like mine. No food cravings…but dreams about food!

I look forward to encouraging one another over the next few weeks! Great start. Way to knock out the NEPA!!!

Hey Donna, about the queasiness: Are you taking HOT-ROX on an empty stomach? That’s what the instructions say to do, and for most people that’s the best way to do it. But for some people – me included – this can cause some temporary nausea.

To cure it, just drink a shake or a lot of water. But to prevent it, go ahead and take your HOT-ROX with your shakes. In my experience, this doesn’t hamper the fat loss benefits at all, and it’s easier on my stomach.

Keep us posted!

Thanks Chris,

I will try that, hopefully that will work.

hi, donna. welcome to the group. it sounds like you are off to a good start.

i’m amazed that you’re doing this without the support (or knowledge!) of those around you (physically :-). it will take some extra dedication on your part, but come here often and we will help as best we can!

get through the first weekend and it will be a true milestone!

My workouts have been as follows:

Monday
Dumbell Squat: 60# 8, 8, 8, 8, 4, 4
Dumbell Bench Press: 50# 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
Bent Over Rows: 50# 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
Plank: 45 sec 15 sec

Wednesday
Romanian Deadlift: 115# 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 8, 6
Lat Pulldown Underhand 100# 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
Standing Shoulder Press 50# 10, 8, 5, 5, 5, 5, 7, 5
Side Plank: 30 sec 15 sec

Friday
Sumo Deadlift 115# 8, 8, 8, 8, 4, 4
Incline DB Press 50# 8, 8, 8, 8, 8,
Lat Wide Pull 100# 8, 8, 8, 8, 6, 2
Plank 60 sec 30 sec

I am wondering if I should go a little heavier on all lifts except the deads, those are tough. Although next week I will have to eliminate a few seconds of the rest period, so that might not be so wise. What do you guys think?

Thanks Short for the support. Yeah, lack of support does not sound too conducive to success, but maybe it will be my driving force.

I am wondering how the BF can be so oblivious to my lack of meals? Has he not noticed? Who knows?

Donna-wow! I canNOT believe the BF has no idea!!! I announced to hubby and my closest friends at work that I was doing this(they, of course,

Promptly, told my coworkers–who have not even mentioned it to me, they being oblivious to the concept of self-improvement), hubby promptly jumped on the bandwagon, sorta—he has 1 HSM a day—guess that’s V-diet Lite?? Good luck tho—looks like a great week for you!!!

Day 6 is here; I had a massage this am and will plan to do the V-burn this pm after my NEPA.

Last night was tough! I came home from work and the BF had a roast in the oven with all kinds of vegetables, like asparagus, onions, carrots, etc. anyway the house smelled wonderful! I was so tired though, from the lack of sleep the night before, and the workout at lunch. I had my shakes, flax, PB, went to bed, and slept for twelve hours!

I woke up with a headache, had my shake, took a long bath, and headed to the massage. Massages are one of my favorite things!! I feel terrific now.

I am off to the grocery store for my HSM tomorrow. I am going to have the Tuna Steaks from the PN cookbook - so awesome! I will also have a small salad, 1/2 sweet potato, and some steamed asparagus. I cannot wait!

Here are my measurements from Day 1

Weight 208
Height 5 ft 9 in
Neck 15
Shoulders 46
Bust 43
Chest 37 1/2
Waist 36
Belly button 39
Hips 42 1/2
R Thigh at largest 27
R Thigh 24 1/2
R Calf 15 3/4
R Ankle 9 1/2
L thigh at largest 27 1/4
L Thigh 22 3/4
L Calf 15 1/4
L Ankle 9 1/2
L Bicep 13 1/2
R Bicep 12 1/4

Off to shop, and I will do some yard work today, NEPA and V-burn.

Peace
Donna

Today is HSM for me; I am planning the tuna steak recipe from Precision Nutrition cookbook by Dr. John Beradi. It is awesome! The tuna is marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, and fresh basil for the next four hours.

Anyway, I weighed and took measurements and here is my progress thus far.

Weight 208 - 196
Height 5 ft 9 in
Neck 15 - 15
Shoulders 46 - 46
Bust 43 - 42 1/4
Chest 37 1/2 - 36
Waist 36 - 35 1/2
Belly button 39 - 38
Hips 42 1/2 - 42 1/2
R Thigh at largest 27 -26
R Thigh 24 1/2 - 22
R Calf 15 3/4 - 15 1/2
R Ankle 9 1/2 - 9 1/4
L thigh at largest 27 1/4 - 26
L Thigh 22 3/4 - 22 1/4
L Calf 15 1/4 - 15 1/4
L Ankle 9 1/2 - 9 1/2
L Bicep 13 1/2 - 13
R Bicep 12 1/4 - 12 /14

I cannot remember exactly where I put the tape when measuring my hips, I want to say at the largest part, but I am not for sure. Anyway, my jeans are super loose, and I feel great.

I had another dream about food last night, but in this dream, I was hiding how much I ate and the way I ate. I always ate super fast. These dreams have made me really look at my relationship with food, and while the dreams were not imitating my behavior exactly, there were some similarities.

From now on, I am going to use my dining room table for my meals, not just for homework. I will set a nice table, have a nice healthy meal, take my time, and enjoy the meal. I will not eat in front of the TV, or computer, and will not allow drama, just a relaxing, joyful meal. I think that this weekly meal and the meals during the transition will allow me to build a healthy relationship with my food. Well, that is what I hope anyway.

Hang in there everyone.

I thought the other post was your blog(sky the limit), sorry … I see you started last Monday WOW!!! 8 lbs and lotz of inches!!!
Your BF doesn’t notice? Is he actually in a coma and you forgot to tell us!? LOL

Keep up the good work!!!

Durr,

I know the BF is something!! He cooked Friday and was a little pissed I did not eat, but has not said anything about my diet. Who knows, maybe he has noticed, but does not say anything.

He does know that I am cooking today. He is a very good cook and likes to cook, so I had to tell him my plans for today’s meal.

To be honest, it will be a matter of time before he leaves. I own the house, so my ass is not going anywhere. We do our own thing, we are very good friends, and the sex is good, but that is about it. He too wants to get in shape, but thinks all the supps that I have is ridiculous, but will go down in the basement to lift without eating breakfast, duh!!!

Good Luck!!! I am on day 14, if you have any questions feel free to ask =)

Tia

[quote]CHAMMKA wrote:
Good Luck!!! I am on day 14, if you have any questions feel free to ask =)

Tia[/quote]

Thanks Tia for the words of encouragement. So far so good. This site has loads of information, I have spent hours on this forum alone.

Do you have a journal?

I know I have as well!! =) I have not started a journal, not sure why? Maybe because I didn’t know how to at first and now I just read others and comment on there! I also ask Chris a lot of questions lol.

What day are you on? How are you feeling?
Don’t worry the first week is hard!!